Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jboquire
The new universal shaft will take care of this,
I installed mine last week, works great.
You don't happen to have the part number?, I'll give it to my Lhb, it speed things up!

Thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jboquire
The new universal shaft will take care of this,
I installed mine last week, works great.
You don't happen to have the part number?, I'll give it to my LHS, it speed things up!

Thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Center drive shaft part #

Ofna OFN29513 or Hobao 89339
Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Thanks that cheers
Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I've had my 9e for almost a year now and I love driving it but I'm kind of torn right now between selling it as a roller and buying a nexx8 or cleaning it up and refreshing it and running it next year. I really like the lay out of the nexx being a saddle pack type set up but I've seen a few things that needed to be replaced with upgraded parts right out of the box. I've really only broke front lower arms because I was being and idiot and I shimmed the diffs and they stopped leaking. So I know the 9e is tough and it drives fairly well. I just can't make up my mind on what to do so any suggestions would be great.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had looked at both cars before I made my purchase, I feel the Hyper come's close to race ready out of the box, There looked to be a lot of upgrading for the Nexx8 BUT I have not raced one or against one so I have no clue if the extra Somalians would be worth it.

You need a unbiased review from someone that has both!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
I had looked at both cars before I made my purchase, I feel the Hyper come's close to race ready out of the box, There looked to be a lot of upgrading for the Nexx8 BUT I have not raced one or against one so I have no clue if the extra Somalians would be worth it.

You need a unbiased review from someone that has both!
i know a guy who has had both, but the deal is winter in mn there isnt anywhere to run 1/8thE indoors and the guy i know races onroad carpet for that reason. so i dont ever see him till spring. i couldnt sleep last night so i decided to tear my 9e apart and i found a few things that need to be fixed on it. just a few bearings that could be replaced and things like that shouldnt be over a 100 bucks to get it fresh again.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know the answer is buried in this thread somewhere, but can anyone tell me what size the lipo the battery tray accomodates? I am wanting to run a 1400kv motor and 5000mah 6s lipo setup so I can run with the nitro boys in tehre 20 minute mains. Is this going to be acvievable? I currently have a Ve8, and to be able to do this means going for the HHH chassis, so am considering a brand swap altogether if I can find a buggy that will do what I want out of the box.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thorns
I know the answer is buried in this thread somewhere, but can anyone tell me what size the lipo the battery tray accomodates? I am wanting to run a 1400kv motor and 5000mah 6s lipo setup so I can run with the nitro boys in tehre 20 minute mains. Is this going to be acvievable? I currently have a Ve8, and to be able to do this means going for the HHH chassis, so am considering a brand swap altogether if I can find a buggy that will do what I want out of the box.
ive run mine for 22 to 25 min consistently on 4s 5100mah with the 1700kv tekin. ran a 17t pinion and could still out run a nicely tuned orion crf 7 port down the straitsin an mp9. never got about 130* either.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Hyper 9E Battery Tray Is 180mm long By 47mm Wide(Battery Area Of Battery Box)

The Hyper 9E stock body begins to be pushed up with a battery any taller than 39mm. Though you can also use body spacers between your body mounts and the Lexan body which would add a few mm of extra space.

Battery Box- Model Hyper 9E- Inner Area(Battery Area)
= Length(180mm) x Width(47mm) x Height(39mm) = Area from inner bottom of the battery box(the depth) to the stock Lexan body.

Originally Posted by thorns

Last edited by MindThoughts; 01-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anybody have any updates on the Matrix Concepts chassis?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Hi guys. Please help. I'm a newbie to 1/8 brushless about to order parts for a new Hyper 9e build and can't decide on Tekin motor for RX8 ESC. From what I've read so far, the Tekin seems more reliable/smoother than MMM. Some swear by 1900Kv, some 2050Kv and others 2650Kv T8 so now I'm confused.

Will initially use it for "bashing" in the park with intention of racing in future. So looking for good comprimise of acceleration v top speed and durability (not overheating).

Given this brief - what do you recommend for motor size, pinion gear/spur gear combo (and probably 4S lipo). I thought the 2050Kv would be ideal but then I was told that 1900Kv Tekin is smaller than 2050Kv Tekin so can run a smaller pinion gear. Then there's the spur gear size??? The Tekin website states that these are both "4030" buggy motors with the same dimensions so what gives?

Will probably go for the Elite RC motor mount as recommended in this forum.

Thanks, Elton.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by earto
Hi guys. Please help. I'm a newbie to 1/8 brushless about to order parts for a new Hyper 9e build and can't decide on Tekin motor for RX8 ESC. From what I've read so far, the Tekin seems more reliable/smoother than MMM. Some swear by 1900Kv, some 2050Kv and others 2650Kv T8 so now I'm confused.

Will initially use it for "bashing" in the park with intention of racing in future. So looking for good comprimise of acceleration v top speed and durability (not overheating).

Given this brief - what do you recommend for motor size, pinion gear/spur gear combo (and probably 4S lipo). I thought the 2050Kv would be ideal but then I was told that 1900Kv Tekin is smaller than 2050Kv Tekin so can run a smaller pinion gear. Then there's the spur gear size??? The Tekin website states that these are both "4030" buggy motors with the same dimensions so what gives?

Will probably go for the Elite RC motor mount as recommended in this forum.

Thanks, Elton.
Originally Posted by reracer
For bashing you'll be fine with the 15t pinion. A smaller pinion will cause the motor to touch the center diff outdrive(you'll see when you get your car). If you run the car on a track, you'll want a smaller pinion for that motor.

If you want to avoid the problem and still use a Tekin motor, get the 1900kv unit. That way you can run a 15t pinion for racing, or larger for bashing. You'll get the same speed either way. The problem is that the Hyper9e was designed for a 36mm can motor. The Elite RC mount does not help. As a side note, the smallest pinion you can run with the Elite RC is 14t, unless you modify the M-bloc

They do make an optional 43t spur that solves all of these problems. I personally don't like the extra teeth or the fact that it's plastic. And for some reason Nitrohouse removed it from the website. Take from that what you will.
OK. Just reading the info from reracer again (see above) and maybe I misinterpreted the motor size comment. Might just be because the 1900Kv revs slower. Is that right?

Anyway, still looking for your experience on this and also your thoughts about gearing (pinion/spur combo). I heard that larger Kv motors will generally run cooler because less current (more V) is required for the same RPM. Is this the downside of lower Kv motors?

Thanks, Elton.

Last edited by earto; 01-06-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Saturday will be the first race for my 9E, I will post some pics results and a couple more team tips this weekend.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
Saturday will be the first race for my 9E, I will post some pics results and a couple more team tips this weekend.
Are you racing at REV? How long is the Mains?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.