HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Race Results.

Congratulations Russ- Well Done Indeed

PS. Keep us updated on your experience with your Hyper 9E- And your race results

Originally Posted by Russ G. View Post
Thanks Jube, I think the springs might be too stiff. I will try Lighter springs. Do you think a change with the droop help?

The jumps are not right. They are small and steep. But thats what there are and I'm happy to have a indoor track close by. The Losi's didnt seem to kick up they were more grounded.

Since you guys seem to post results, My Hyper 9E did take the A-main win in both races held at The Philly Indoor track. This week I was in last on the 1st lap and it was all good by the end. It also won alot of races at Family Hobbies in N.J. So I do love the Hyper. Just trying to get it even better!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I agree. I wasnt over shooting them. They are tricky. Its kicking up on the take off even on the 1st jump. If I stay on the throttle alittle its fine. But then you do over shoot them. Its a double-double-double. I can quad- double out but only 50% of the time. Triple-single-double out 70% of the time but you cant win unless its 100% of the time. I could be coming into them to hard. But then right after that section there is a table top thats right after the corner going into the corner before the next straight. Something that you can just coast over because its in a very tight section and it kicks up there also.
I suggest ..GET A LOSI !!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Film Your Practice And Or Racing + Load The Video Up Onto You Tube.

Russ-
If you can have someone film you racing your Hyper 9E- You can load it up onto you tube and post the link here on this thread. That would be awesome

I agree. I wasnt over shooting them. They are tricky. Its kicking up on the take off even on the 1st jump. If I stay on the throttle alittle its fine. But then you do over shoot them. Its a double-double-double. I can quad- double out but only 50% of the time. Triple-single-double out 70% of the time but you cant win unless its 100% of the time. I could be coming into them to hard. But then right after that section there is a table top thats right after the corner going into the corner before the next straight. Something that you can just coast over because its in a very tight section and it kicks up there also.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
Congratulations Russ- Well Done Indeed

PS. Keep us updated on your experience with your Hyper 9E- And your race results
Thanks. I gotta tell you I'm so impressed with the Hyper 9e I sold my RC8B, cancelled my order for the Durango that I had on hold and bought a Hyper 9 2.0 pro nitro ride from Nitro House!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

It also won alot of races at Family Hobbies in N.J. So I do love the Hyper. Just trying to get it even better!
That's a 10th scale supercross track!!! your a stud if you can keep it inside the fence there

do you race Zak's?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by balistic View Post
That's a 10th scale supercross track!!! your a stud if you can keep it inside the fence there

do you race Zak's?
Ya baby Family Hobbies is awesome! Along with the owner! He is the craziest oldest hard core racer I know! He has a full carbon fiber Hyper 9 running 3 cells that he is crazy about.

NO to Zak's. Used to race 12th scale there in the winter when I first started out.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Russ-
If you can have someone film you racing your Hyper 9E- You can load it up onto you tube and post the link here on this thread. That would be awesome
They already have a TV show called "Americas Funniest Videos".
Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Thanks Jube, I think the springs might be too stiff. I will try Lighter springs. Do you think a change with the droop help?

The jumps are not right. They are small and steep. But thats what there are and I'm happy to have a indoor track close by. The Losi's didnt seem to kick up they were more grounded.

Since you guys seem to post results, My Hyper 9E did take the A-main win in both races held at The Philly Indoor track. This week I was in last on the 1st lap and it was all good by the end. It also won alot of races at Family Hobbies in N.J. So I do love the Hyper. Just trying to get it even better!
Russ, I think you are right about the stock gray springs being to stiff. I would take a real good look at the x-ray springs and give them a shot. I have only used 2 sets on the H9E and that has been the Gray/Blue and the Blue fronts. The springs make a big difference.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Even more so the new pistons. They were what made the buggy the best IMO.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I suggest a hyper9e over a losi any day.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default The Hyper 9E- Easy To Control Under The Most Extreme Track Conditions.

The Hyper 9E is truly a great buggy Special Thanks To Ofna(HoBao) for Designing-Creating-Making Available this awesome buggy.

Note: Every person I met that owns the Hyper 9E, and use to race another model 1/8th scale electric- is faster per lap- than any other buggy they have raced(after a short time period- of getting use to the Hyper 9E 1/8th scale buggy). The Hyper 9E consistently takes the racer to another level of racing excellence- which help the RC racer redefine what they understood their racing limits to be. When I switched from the Losi 8ight-E over to the Hyper 9E- my skill level jumped from a last place sportsmen class racer- to a first or second place sportsmen class racer within the very short time period of two weeks after first buying the Hyper 9E. And all this with the exact same tires and electronics in both buggies. Don't get me wrong- the Losi is a great buggy- and is the strongest made buggy I've ever seen- but no matter how many people help me set up my Losi- it was always hard for me to go fast and maintain a consistency of control with the Losi 8ight-E. Whereas with the Hyper 9E- going fast was and is very easy- while feeling 100% in control at all times. It's easy to go fast around any offroad track with the Hyper 9E- and it's with the Hyper 9E buggy- that I first considered- maybe I can become a faster racer than I previously thought was possible. Because the Hyper 9E has redefined my experience of 1/8th scale RC Electric Racing- and made it fun- and very easy to go fast Thank You Ofna

Originally Posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
I suggest a hyper9e over a losi any day.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the soft blue springs on the 17mm BB shocks? They are the softest springs I could find from Ofna and I was going to throw them on the 7lb h9e setup i'm currently running.

Any feedback on these springs?

I'm currently running the 10 1.1 hole tapered pistions with 30 front and 25 rear AE oil.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Ya baby Family Hobbies is awesome! Along with the owner! He is the craziest oldest hard core racer I know! He has a full carbon fiber Hyper 9 running 3 cells that he is crazy about.

NO to Zak's. Used to race 12th scale there in the winter when I first started out.
I really like the outdoor track, it's at least twice the size of Family if not three times as big, a little loamy/sandy and very fast with small jumps. One of the best 4WD SC tracks I have driven.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

The Hyper 9E is truly a great buggy Special Thanks To Ofna(HoBao) for Designing-Creating-Making Available this awesome buggy.

Note: Every person I met that owns the Hyper 9E, and use to race another model 1/8th scale electric- is faster per lap- than any other buggy they have raced(after a short time period- of getting use to the Hyper 9E 1/8th scale buggy). The Hyper 9E consistently takes the racer to another level of racing excellence- which help the RC racer redefine what they understood their racing limits to be. When I switched from the Losi 8ight-E over to the Hyper 9E- my skill level jumped from a last place sportsmen class racer- to a first or second place sportsmen class racer within the very short time period of two weeks after first buying the Hyper 9E. And all this with the exact same tires and electronics in both buggies. Don't get me wrong- the Losi is a great buggy- and is the strongest made buggy I've ever seen- but no matter how many people help me set up my Losi- it was always hard for me to go fast and maintain a consistency of control with the Losi 8ight-E. Whereas with the Hyper 9E- going fast was and is very easy- while feeling 100% in control at all times. It's easy to go fast around any offroad track with the Hyper 9E- and it's with the Hyper 9E buggy- that I first considered- maybe I can become a faster racer than I previously thought was possible. Because the Hyper 9E has redefined my experience of 1/8th scale RC Electric Racing- and made it fun- and very easy to go fast Thank You Ofna
There is just no sense in trying to argue with a diehard Losi fan. They are fanatical on a whole new level. Their level of commitment can only be compared to raider fans, who also demonstrate an unwavering dedication without explanation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.