Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Universal Type-Center Drive Shaft For The Hyper 9E.

Originally Posted by HyperRacing View Post
Center universal shaft now available at Nitrohouse! # OFN29513

Attachment 657464
This is truly great news, Thank you for this information.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thought I'd post some pics of my H9e.

Some of you may remember it from the Buy/Sell/Trade forums a couple weeks ago. Wes of Out Front Frames cut the carbon fiber shock towers, mud guards, and ESC plate. Ignore the old tank (Mamba Max) ESC; I'm just using it now because I'm waiting on a RX8. Yes, I have driven it as you see it, with the Tekin 2050 and 3S Nano-Tech, and yes it thermal'ed a couple times. But that little 80-amp green warrior just won't quit! Gotta love it.

I cut the side of the battery tray off to allow for big packs without having to lay them on their side. One of the main reasons I switched to the 9e was for the big, long battery tray. So I was a bit disappointed when I discovered it wasn't wide enough for some packs. Half an hour with a Dremel and sandpaper, and presto- I can run any pack I want. I'll be getting a Crowd Pleazer body in the next couple of weeks thanks to the clearance it now provides.

This custom fan mount came with the car, again thanks to Wes at O.F.F. It's a really nice little hop-up that, when operating, can reduce motor temps up to 25 degrees. Wes told me that he was actually able to gear up one tooth when using the fan. Personally though, I prefer to not run fans if I don't have to. But that doesn't mean this little piece of CF is for sale.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:04 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
Great radio Shano!
Thanks Jube!! Feels very nice to use but going to take abit to get used to it as i was used to the slowness of the dx3s.I used it for the first time last night in a race meet so it was abit awkward to get it set right.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:30 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

[QUOTE=MindThoughts;8102568]Nice looking radio shano. I've been looking to switch to this same model from the DX3r- now that I have confirmation that Losi/Horizon will not be offering the Drop Down Wheel(Adam Drake and a few of his Team mates use on their DX3r model radios).

The M8, M11 & M11x series of radios- with the wheel down very close to the same axis as the throttle & brake lever, is quite a natural feel. Did you or do you plan to also run a LiPo battery to help reduce the already reduced weight of your model radio? There's an M11x thread that shows many different low cost and higher priced lipos available for your 2cell compatible radio.

Here is the M11x Thread. I've also been asking many questions on the M11x thread for the past few weeks- helping to make certain, this radio is the one for me

I've also been looking at the Ko Propo with Multi- Angle Drop Down Wheel. And I've also considered the latest 4PKS which comes with the drop down wheel in the box, but I've not held the 4PKS-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey mind,I purchased the M11x for the features(programable),looks,weight, lipo compatability,and also the general fell and comfort of the radio.
It was a massive upgrade from the dx3s but a sure better upgrade.
I had chosen the M11x over everything else because I felt more in controll with it compared to any other.I was quite lucky while testing other controllers
as quite a few people at my local track have different ones and they allowed me to have a feel of the controller.I tryed the dx3s- felt good but wasnt feeling much in control and wanted extra features. Tryed Kopropo ex-10 Helios (which i had owned) and didnt like the feel of it and also having to buy the 2.4ghz module was a put off.
The 4pk felt pretty darn good,features great,the bonus of the drop down attachment really didnt bother me-
But my big pick and buy was the SANWA M11x due to the availability, the local support as many racers use the m11x, out of all the controllers I felt more connected to my 9e with the M11x.Im just waiting on my lhs to get in the lipos for the m11x so im just running normal AA batteries.I ran my first race meet with it friday night and finished 3rd in the a-main final, sitting 1st in championship atm. Friday nights race was the first time i had used the M11x on my buggy, i never had time to test and set it up.So i had spent the night between races changing and testing during racing.So Monday I have an RDO and will be spending the day down the track to set it all up properly.
But all up iam really liking the controller 100%
Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Team Status.

Hi All-
I'm writing so that everyone will know that if anyone has any questions about the Elite-RC Product Line to please contact Brandon of Elite-RC directly. I'm no longer on the Team and have left on good terms and in good standing. If anyone has any questions about this post- please send me a PM and I'll respond right away. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi there, Im new here and recently bought a 9E, always been driving Xray before, so I was afraid I would be dissappointed with build quality and whatnot, but considering the price the 9E is great so far.
I like the fact that the 9 is a dedicated E buggy compared to the 808E wich is wider than Oprah and still looking just like any other converted nitro buggy.

Regarding the 9E I was wondering if anyone has heard if there will be a Ofna/Hobao body that fits the chassis witout mudguards?

I am also looking for specific 9E decals, cannot believe how the box, manual, stickers, and body was pulled directly from the nitro version, seem like they were in a hurry to release the 9E?

Would also be nice if they could release a wider battery tray, hopefully theyll listen to our "complaints" before releasing the 9.5E or 9E 2 or what ever it will be called..

/ Johan, Sweden
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Initiate

please delete

Last edited by vic viper; 10-26-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic viper View Post
A Ofna/Hobao body that acually fit would be nice, also looking for Hyper 9E decals, anyone seen this?

A wider battery tray would also be nice.
The Ve8 body actually fits very well. I got excited and forgot to take photos before I painted it but I will post some of the final fit. It sits tight along the sides and front almost like it was made for it. i don't like the open back though but overall I think this is the best body available.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hello... I recently snatched up a hyper 9 off the classifieds for a pretty good price. While waiting the better part of 8 days for it to come in the mail, I had plenty of time to read through the vast majority of this thread. When I got the car I noticed that one of the front cva dogbones was bent, so I did my best to straighten it and put it back in there. The car was very lightly used... everything was clean and locktighted.

I took it out to WCRC Saturday and ran it for like 10 mins at Pegasus on Sunday. No big crashes but this is my first buggy, so it did get a beating out there. Now I have 2 universal shafts that are bent and the front cva dogbone is a good bit worse.

Im just wondering if I caused all that damage or that possibly that these shafts run out of alignment easily after being manually straightened? Im prepared to replace whats broken just because im not very far into $ it as it stands right now.

Feel free to point out any amateur mistakes I might have made to cause such bowing of the drive shafts.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9E Drive Shafts. Old vs New. + Onroad Tracks Become Offroad Tracks.

The new front and rear drive shafts are all Black, and they are a much stronger metal. I learn this from Tim Bump himself- And he help design the Hyper 9E. You will want to buy all the new drive shafts. I would buy them from NitroHouse so that you know you're getting the latest and strongest. I don't know if any of the hobby shops are still stocking the old drive shafts which have a reflective metal look. Those are the drive shafts that first ship with the Hyper 9e over one year ago and they do bend quite easy.

Congratulations on your first 1/8th scale buggy. That is one fine machine you own there. Take care of it and you'll continue to have lot's of fun

You may also want to check out OCRC in Huntington Beach CA. I've not been there in over one year, but I hear there track is Huge now. And it's also an indoor track. From what I hear, they took an Onroad Indoor track which use to be next door to an offroad track- They nock the wall down which seperate the two tracks and took the onroad track out, and replaced it with an extended Offroad track. Which is now like massive. I've not seen it but sounds great.

West Coast RC Raceway is now my home track. Great Place. The owner Danny- was talking about taking out the Onroad track and making it a 1/8th scale only- Offroad track(yeah I still dream about it). And keeping the existing offroad track for 1/10th scale only(no 1/8th scale). I can't tell you how excited I was about that. And being that it was the owner talking about the idea- I really thought it was going to happen. I still think it's a great idea. I always will

PS. Have fun with your new buggy. PM me anytime if you have any questions. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

PPS. And while I'm talking about Onroad RC tracks becoming Offroad RC tracks- Reminds me when Revelation Raceway a couple of years ago was told by the city his property only permit one track, and Dana had both an offroad track, and one Huge super pristine onroad track like nothing I've ever seen before. And being that Dana the owner of Revelation Raceway(Huge Outdoor Track) love onroad, everyone thought he would choose to keep the onroad track and turn the offroad track into extra parking. But Dana is a business man and he knew that 90% + of his income came from offroad. The offroad track was always busy on practice days, and always really busy on club race days. People were always parking down the street and in the grass where you're not suppose to park. All to run their offroad rc's. While onroad usually had one or two people running on practice days. and many pratice days knowone would run on onroad at all. Many or most practice days, Dana the owner was the only person running onroad.

Long story short- Dana end up turning the entire Huge Onroad track into a massive Offroad track. And this is one nice track. He has a sprinkler system set up to water the track every so often. It's really awesome. And what's also fun is to go there with our electric 1/8th scales and hear the guys in the pit saying "I can't believe I was trying to keep up with an electric buggy- It was electric". Yeah, that happens allot to anyone that runs there electric buggies at that track. Lot's of Nitro Powered Buggies there. That's where I use to run nitro as well. That's where it all began for me. Enjoy your journey

Originally Posted by Vierzwanzig View Post
Hello... I recently snatched up a hyper 9 off the classifieds for a pretty good price. While waiting the better part of 8 days for it to come in the mail, I had plenty of time to read through the vast majority of this thread. When I got the car I noticed that one of the front cva dogbones was bent, so I did my best to straighten it and put it back in there. The car was very lightly used... everything was clean and locktighted.

I took it out to WCRC Saturday and ran it for like 10 mins at Pegasus on Sunday. No big crashes but this is my first buggy, so it did get a beating out there. Now I have 2 universal shafts that are bent and the front cva dogbone is a good bit worse.

Im just wondering if I caused all that damage or that possibly that these shafts run out of alignment easily after being manually straightened? Im prepared to replace whats broken just because im not very far into $ it as it stands right now.

Feel free to point out any amateur mistakes I might have made to cause such bowing of the drive shafts.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

The VE8 body is a writeoff, IMO it is one of the ugliest bodies out there.

I really like the design of the Ofna body, but it sucks that they couldnt make it tighter,
I really dont get it, they had to make changes to it to remove the embossing for the fuel tank and cylinder head, why couldnt they fix the rest as well?

How well does the Proline and JConcepts bodies fit?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
The new front and rear drive shafts are all Black,..... Enjoy your journey
Thank you mindthoughts... Your participation on this thread and the matrix thread are invaluable. I cant wait to see your buggy one of these days at WCRC, i am normally there on saturday night and sometimes sunday. I too am very interested by the matrix concept kits and whenever I get better at handling the buggy I will surely throw my business their way.

All the shafts are black on my hyper, I think I just need to drive smoother and learn how to instinctively level my car in the air. I mostly run a 2wd SC truck so I dont have that second nature the 4WD guys have when it comes to flying straight.... not yet at least.

There are a few other items I wanted to pick up for the hyper along with the drive shafts, but i lucked out because the hyper package I got came with most of the parts I have seen referenced in this thread (front lower arms[new style] , all the rod ends for the links, etc.). I seemed to have missed the rear universal drive shafts on nitrohouse.. ill look again after work.

It just so happens revelations is actually about 5 miles away from my house. When I first got my blitz I took it there (to much kite failure), and have not returned with my MBX5T-tekno and the hyper... I need to give it a try for sure.

Thanks again mindthoughts.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Initiate

hi boys.. have u notice regarding alloy center diff mounts?

i find only stock plastic ones, part nr. 29042

thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic viper View Post
How well does the Proline and JConcepts bodies fit?
I will be posting pictures of the Proline Hyper 9 body on my 9e when I get it (should be Friday).
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

here are some photos of the VE8 body. For me this is the one. it fits tight along the sides and front which will minimise dirt. The back is open and im hoping that doesn't allow too much dirt in but it will increase airflow.
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-img_5282.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-img_5283.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-img_5284.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-img_5285.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.