Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Matrix Concepts Inc- Complete Carbon Fiber Race Kit.

Originally Posted by RMJ22 View Post
Mindthoughts - thanks!
You are very welcome
Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, going to run my new 9e tomorrow for the first time Just wondering if anyone has the ride height measurements? Nitrohouse say bones level or something but what about a measurement in mm?

Thanks very much
Old 09-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danulmer18 View Post
Hey guys, going to run my new 9e tomorrow for the first time Just wondering if anyone has the ride height measurements? Nitrohouse say bones level or something but what about a measurement in mm?

Thanks very much
My ride height varies with track conditions but I generally start at 29f 30r
Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
My ride height varies with track conditions but I generally start at 29f 30r
Thanks, just looking for some place to start
Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there any motor heat shink that will fit if i'm going to change the motor mount to elite rc, any suggestion ?

I'm running Leopard 4065 2700Kv motor, Xerun 150A ESC with 4S 45C 5000Mah Lipo and the motor temp always reach 158 if I'm running 10 minutes main.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by perdoden View Post
Is there any motor heat shink that will fit if i'm going to change the motor mount to elite rc, any suggestion ?

I'm running Leopard 4065 2700Kv motor, Xerun 150A ESC with 4S 45C 5000Mah Lipo and the motor temp always reach 158 if I'm running 10 minutes main.
try the speedpassion heatsink i suggest securing it with a ziptie because the material is a bit soft and could come loose during a race. you can install two fans for added cooling
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-speedpassion-heatsink.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you marvi
Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Great Day at the Track with my Hyper 9e with Full Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Kit.

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
I can't wait to pick up one of the matrix chassis kits!!!

I was running my Hyper 9E at West Coast RC Raceway tonight- Friday night and the buggy was so so awesome on the track. Tim Bump was there and help me get my buggy dialed even more. It was amazing the buggy could clear with ease the Five jumps in front of the driver stand all in one fantastic leap. I'm running the 1409 1Y 3600kv with a Kyosho 44Tooth Spur Gear and 12Tooth Pinion Gear. I started with a 9Tooth Pinion Gear and the buggy was running out of top speed 1/3erd of the way down the straight away. Tim Bump Advised me to go to a larger pinion gear so I put the 12Tooth in and the buggy was super dialed. I have a video of my 1st qualifier loading into You Tube this very moment and I'll post the link up as soon as I get the video up. The download usually takes about 8hours or so to get the video up into the you tube account.

I can't say enough about the Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis and parts. the buggy is super lightweight, very easy to drive- and jumps far and fast and gets down and rocks like right now. The acceleration is instantanious and braking is amazingly quick. I can't wait to get down to the track again.

PS. 1409 1Y 3600kv was temping at 145 degrees and the ESC Mamba Max Pro was temping at 115 degrees and the fan never came on the entire day. This buggy continues to blow me away. I've never been so happy with this hobby, in my life.

Thank you Tim Bump- For designing an Awesome buggy. Keep up the groundbreaking work.

And special thanks to Robert Bartlett of Matrix Concepts Inc- Your Carbon Fiber Chassis and Parts- And everything you make and do with carbon fiber- is beyond excellent- Beyond outstanding- Beyond words. Robert- You Are the Best

Note: I'm running the Capacitor pluged into the receiver with no external BEC and a 200 Ounces Per Inch servo and the buggy never had any problems with shutting down, glitching, restarting nor any other electrical problems.

PPS. I was also happy to learn the HoBao Hyper 9E is the best selling Electric-1/8th scale offroad buggy to date. That's great news
Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default You Tube video of Hyper 9E with Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis-Qualifier.

This is a video of the first qualifier in 1/8th scale buggy at West Coast RC Raceway. The buggy was super awesome with the Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis and Parts. Look how the buggy clears the five jumps in front of the drivers stand. The Hyper 9E with only a 1409 1Y 3600kv motor on one 3cell lipo had massive power and acceleration with all the Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Parts. This was a great night of track time. Hope you like the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGn-fc0Zv_g

PS. skip to the three minute mark in order to see the first time clearing the five jumps in front of the driver stand. That jump at three minutes was the first time clearing the five jumps in a row in one shot.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW!!!! all I can tell from that video is that the chassis can take a serious beating!!!!!!

on a side note that guy marshaling in the middle is absolutely INSANE!!!! I would not be marshaling a beginner 8th scale race right there. decent double on one side and 5 pack on the other = disaster. They should make those guys double/triple or triple/double. leave the huge air to the expert drivers!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis.

I'm completely amazed by the strength and quality of the Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis. It's extreemly strong yet more flexible than the stock metal chassis which helps keep the buggy planted to the track.

Note:
in the video I most recently post- my suspension was binding in all four shocks because I didn't build them properly. I'm in the middle of fixing the shocks as we speak. As for this new layout, this is the quality of my driving skill on a brand new layout after only a few battery packs on this new track. It usually takes me at least a few days to get any kind of track rythm down. I'm glad the video is informative in some aspect to you. In addition to the crashes and such that you see here, I had a truggy cross the straight away pipe and we were both at full speed, hit head on and the Matrix Concepts Carbon fiber chassis didn't have a scratch. It's an extreemly strong chassis- that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Dtm1 View Post
WOW!!!! all I can tell from that video is that the chassis can take a serious beating!!!!!!

on a side note that guy marshaling in the middle is absolutely INSANE!!!! I would not be marshaling a beginner 8th scale race right there. decent double on one side and 5 pack on the other = disaster. They should make those guys double/triple or triple/double. leave the huge air to the expert drivers!!!!

Last edited by MindThoughts; 09-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone tell me why the Nitrohouse setup sheet says that 0 degree front camber gives the most steering? This goes against logic. Has this been every one elses experence and do most 9e owners run 0 front camber?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default The Challenge- Build an awesome- Challenging - Safe track and Layouts.

Hi Dtm1-
West Coast RC Raceway does not permit beginners to run their 1/8th scale Buggies nor Truggies- on the track(for safety reasons). But if you're not sure if you qualify for the sportsmen class- Managment would be happy to observe your driver skill level and most promtly let you know if you can run on their track with your 1/8th scale. By the way- which 1/8th scale buggy do you race?

And those are Expert and Sportsmen racers on the track- in the video I most recently post. As for the turn Marshals between the double on one and the five jumps on the other. Danny design the layout for two turn marshals(in the middle island) to both help each other cover each side. Plus there is one or two more turn marshals that cover the five pack of jumps at far camera right and far camera left. Danny the owner of the track always puts safety first. If people were getting hurt turn marshaling, the jumps would be removed or changed instantly.

I use to race nitro(for a short time period- apx six months) a few years ago at Revelation raceway, and I've seen turn marshals get hit extreemly hard in the ancles and the head. And I've never seen the tracks/layouts changed from people getting hurt there. I'm not saying that Dana the owner of Revelation raceway doesn't care about safety, but I've always heard the racers there say there is a certain inherent danger in this hobby, specifically in Turn Marshaling. Sometimes people get hurt. Cuts and bruises at Revelation Raceway was not uncommon. And when I talk to Dana about how he deals with track safety he said "safety always comes 1st".

I can see it's a great challenge to both make a track that is safe, yet still challenging and fun to all racers of many different classes.

Back to the subject of West Coast RC Raceway- I can say that I have Turn Marshalled the area in question and I did not find it to be unusually dangerous. It's just a larger area to cover and because it's basically a row of medium size jumps, we have to look before we jump out there in front of oncomming rc's, which is always done no matter what part of the track you turn marshal. If you felt uncomfortable turn marshaling the five pack at west coast RC raceway- knowone would insist.

If you would like to question the safety of the layout in the You Tube video I post- beyond what we've already said here thus far- please go over to the West Coast RC Raceway Thread(I've given you the link at the end of this post) and voice your safety concerns for the turn marshals with the thread I provide you (you have some good points for discussion). I think they'd be glad to answer any of your safety concerns instantaneously- and from multiple viewpoints- at length, and in short. Hope this helps.

Here is the thread for you Dtm1, and thank you for showing concern for the turn marshals(which is all us racers) but it's just another part of racing- even RC racing can get a little dangerous. Turn marshalling and not getting hurt
is another aspect of the overal challenge of racing RC's. If you can make it part of the fun- you'll have allot more fun playing hard

Direct Link to thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ml#post7957464

Old 09-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used to run a hyper 9, but switched to mugen.

I was just making an observation from the video that you posted. I dont really want to get into any long winded discussion about it.

Im glad that you enjoy your hyper.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Long winded and short winded observastions.

I used to run a hyper 9, but switched to mugen.

I was just making an observation from the video that you posted. I dont really want to get into any long winded discussion about it.

Im glad that you enjoy your hyper.

Thank you for your observation Dtm1. Long winded and short winded observastions are both welcome. And thank you for both of your PM's.

PS. If you add a Hyper 9E to your collection of RC's please let us know and post up some pictures of it. Just curious, why did you sell your Hyper 9E? What specific problems were you having and or what was the buggy doing or not doing for you? Any input could be of value to us racers, and possibly to ofna- they read this thread as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.