Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:03 PM
  #2506  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

didn't think you were relying on that little thing.

Cool set-up btw...i feel like a dork with my 14A LRP power supply for my 615 but i Dont do Anything over 1C and could care less to carry around a brick of a PS as i do a lot of traveling and weight's weight so the lighter the better....I can still charge 2 - 4S 5000's at 5A no problem so i dont see any reason to upgrade till i get better packs or feel the need to charge faster.
Integra is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
  #2507  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
MindThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Power Supplies.

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
didn't think you were relying on that little thing.

Cool set-up btw...i feel like a dork with my 14A LRP power supply for my 615 but i Dont do Anything over 1C and could care less to carry around a brick of a PS as i do a lot of traveling and weight's weight so the lighter the better....I can still charge 2 - 4S 5000's at 5A no problem so i dont see any reason to upgrade till i get better packs or feel the need to charge faster.

The power supply I'm using is 12" long by 7 1/4" wide by 3 3/4" tall. I would weigh it but I don't want to break my new scale which has a ten pound limit

I found a 1200watt tiny/little power supply by a company that makes military and hospital electronics; but that power supply though lightweight and very small, was over 1000.oo one thousand dollars.

Last edited by MindThoughts; 09-06-2010 at 03:38 PM.
MindThoughts is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
  #2508  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
The power supply I'm using is 12" long by 7 1/4" wide by 3 3/4" tall. I would weigh it but I don't want to break my new scale which has a ten pound limit

I found a 1200watt tiny/little power supply by a company that makes military and hospital electronics; but that power supply though lightweight and very small, was over 1000.oo one thousand dollars.



I got mine for 70$ and it does the job, I think ill stick with it.
Integra is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
  #2509  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Here guys, it doesn't get anymore compact, powerful or cheap. I have been using one all summer as well as a few buddies I've turned on to em. I use the 42a version btw.

http://feathermerchantrc.com
Jube is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
  #2510  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
Here guys, it doesn't get anymore compact, powerful or cheap. I have been using one all summer as well as a few buddies I've turned on to em. I use the 42a version btw.

http://feathermerchantrc.com


Cool, Nice and cheap too....thx for the link.
Integra is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
  #2511  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
MindThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 1c charging vs 6c charging. 5amps vs 30amps.

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I got mine for 70$ and it does the job, I think ill stick with it.
That's Awesome Integra. By the way, I had my eye on the Hyperion Duo Balancing Charger for a very long time. That's a really great charger.

PS. I'm really glad this subject came up of power supplies. I completely forgot I had bought a Common Sense RC Switching Power Supply that Weighs in at 3 Pounds 2oz and is only 9 3/4" Nine and Three Quarters of an inch Long by 5" inches wide, by 2 1/2" two and one half inches tall.

Power output is 12volts 43amps and will allow charging a 3cell 5200mah LiPo(which is the largest lipo I use) at the full 30amps. I believe I payed about $125.oo brand new for this power supply from Common Sense RC(I do not recal if that's a sale price, but I don't believe it is). I completely forgot the only reason I was running the larger and heavier 64amp 12volt power supply was because I bought it used- and I was testing it to make sure it work properly. I will keep this larger and heavier power supply for use with larger than 3cell quick lipo charging.

Integra, it looks like the LRP 14amp power supply is not much smaller than the 43amp 12volt common sense power supply I forgot I had and will now use as my number one power supply when going to the track. According to TowerHobbies, the LRP 14amp power supply measures and weighs in at the following:

Length: 5-7/8" (149mm)
Width: 5" (127mm)
Height: 1-3/4" (45mm)
Weight: 1.94lb
Note: But then again, for 1c charging I see no reason to buy a power supply that is 5 inches longer, and one pound heavier
MindThoughts is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 09:33 PM
  #2512  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (125)
 
spunkysandoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

So I went to West Coast RC Raceway this afternoon.

The track layout is very bumpy. I was running the B Type rear suspension and it was awful for their very bumpy track. I was spending lots of time on my lid because the track surface was high bite, and my rear suspenion was not compliant at all. I swaped over to the low CG stock kt arms and it made a big improvement on the traction rolling problem I was having. I still feel like I'm struggling to get a bit more grip. I'm going to try and shift the battery a bit more forward and see if I can get some steering like that. The front sway bar is at minimum and all the suspension pickups are at the Nitrohouse WCRC reccomendations.

Cant wait to go again and run a few more packs through the car. Today I ran a 2650 Mah 4s and a 4000 mah 2s pack through it. I want to pick up a few 3s packs to see how they perform with the 2650 motor.
spunkysandoval is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 PM
  #2513  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Just an update for my last post, Thanks to Dan Ulmer for picking up my race roller with all the mods.

Still left is a Hyper 9e electric 1:8 scale buggy. Brand new never run, bought as a parts car and never used any parts. Bone stock, will come with two painted bodies and a cnc'ed center diff brace. $250

All items sold as is (pictures available on request: picture requests to [email protected] For questions please feel free to call me (919) 255-8676. I am in Raleigh NC and have been in the hobby since 1985. These buggies were bought specifically to race and have been treated as race cars the entire time I have had them. Buyer pays shipping.
LawDawg is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 PM
  #2514  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know Joseph Mercado? He contacted me about one of the buggies and I have no idea who he is. Just curious because some of the screen names don't give way to who people are.

Scottie.
LawDawg is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:17 PM
  #2515  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
T4 Razer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LawDawg View Post
Does anyone know Joseph Mercado? He contacted me about one of the buggies and I have no idea who he is. Just curious because some of the screen names don't give way to who people are.

Scottie.
Yeah I have met him before. I dont see him as being someone to screw you. Im sure he will read this thread and contact you. He is MINDTHOUGHTS.
T4 Razer is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 PM
  #2516  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

oh ok...now I know who he is...Mindthoughts gimme an email when you get a chance.......may have an idea you would like ref our last few emails.

LawDawg Scottie Hinton


Also, a link to my hyper pics for sale:

http://s1230.photobucket.com/home/scottiehinton
LawDawg is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 PM
  #2517  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
MindThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Hyper 9e.

Originally Posted by T4 Razer View Post
Yeah I have met him before. I dont see him as being someone to screw you. Im sure he will read this thread and contact you. He is MINDTHOUGHTS.
Thank you T4.

Originally Posted by LawDawg View Post
oh ok...now I know who he is...Mindthoughts gimme an email when you get a chance.......may have an idea you would like ref our last few emails.

LawDawg Scottie Hinton


Also, a link to my hyper pics for sale:

http://s1230.photobucket.com/home/scottiehinton

Hi Scottie,
I just sent you a Private Message, and I'll also send you an email- directly.
MindThoughts is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM
  #2518  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
danulmer18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Coast QLD
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks scottie, looking forward to getting the kit and putting some laps on it
danulmer18 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 01:11 AM
  #2519  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

your welcome dan...working nights this week will get shipping info asap in the pm when i wake up. Hope all is well.

Mindthoughts...I got your email and pm...was a little busy arresting a turd, but I emailed you back.
LawDawg is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 01:49 AM
  #2520  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: AL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Just ran a few batt packs (4s) in my new 9E. WOW. I didn't realize that this buggy would be so much fun. I've been racing my SC for a while and now this buggy is option 1. Not too happy with my RX8/T8 combo because you have to run motor type 7 with reverse. Not a big deal though.
TeamOSG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.