Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Sounds good, thank you for that info T4. I really very much appreciate it

And I will be quite careful with gearing and watching my temperature(Motor, ESC, and LiPo, and All wires and connectors). And I'll be sure to let you and everyone on this thread know how testing goes with this motor(and MMP esc combination). This is fun
By my calculations you're going to want somewhere around a 12-13T pinion. I thought the smallest that would fit with the Elite mount was a 14?

You might have to mod up one of those SC10 42T delrin spurs in order to give yourself enough room to run that motor.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default I'm running a 9Tooth Pinion with 43Tooth Losi Plastic Spur Gear.

Originally Posted by Ezrem
By my calculations you're going to want somewhere around a 12-13T pinion. I thought the smallest that would fit with the Elite mount was a 14?

You might have to mod up one of those SC10 42T delrin spurs in order to give yourself enough room to run that motor.

Thank you for the information Ezrem. Yes I do use the Elite-RC Motor mount. And I agree that I should start out with a small pinion gear. This is why I put a 9Tooth RC Monster Pinion Gear on the Hyper 9E. Keep in mind I'm using the Losi 43Tooth Spur Gear. It's the Plastic Outer(Gear Teeth), with metal/steel center that will not warp as easy as the all plastic or Derlin spur gears. Though I'm interested in running the 42tooth derlin spur gear, I have no way of modifying that spur gear to allow the proper bearing to fit the gear. If I can find a way to modify the 42tooth derlin spur gear to fit my Hyper 9E, I will most certainly give that one a try as well. I'm not sure if a gear smaller than the 9tooth pinion will fit because I don't have a smaller gear than the 9tooth, though I can look into this. Although I think like you said, I may very well end up with a 12 or 13tooth pinion, both of which I do have by Hot Bodies, which is the recumeded pinion gears to use with the Elite-RC motor mount. It's just that Hot Bodies doesn't make a Pinion Gear smaller than a 12tooth, not that I was able to find on their web site.

I'll post some pictures up of my 9/43 tooth configuration, as soon as I find time to do so. should be soon though
Old 08-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Any Chassis Flex in the new chassis?

Originally Posted by shano83
Can anyone please tell me the weight of the cnc chassis please as I would like to compare it to my new chassi
shano- how much flex does your new chassis have compared to the stock Hyper 9e chassis?

Last edited by MindThoughts; 08-23-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
Here is some pix.

Hi, do you plan on making a esc plate for RX8's?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow supra
Hi, do you plan on making a esc plate for RX8's?
He already makes them.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 AM
TIF
Tech Initiate

cant find the produkt on his site , only the one for MM

and thats a clean looking buggy

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
He already makes them.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIF

just pm him. I dont really think he has updated his site in a while.

snrscion
Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default RX8 radio tray

Originally Posted by TIF

Are you looking for something like this?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
TIF
Tech Initiate

thats the one i will send you a PM , i'm interested in a few products for the Hyper 9e ..keep up the good work , i think your buggy looks awesome
Old 08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 9E mud guards???

Where is everyone getting the mud guards for the 9E like in the picture two replies up from this one? I have read about people using all kinds of modded guards but the one in that picture looks like it fits the 9E perfectly.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sjurick
Where is everyone getting the mud guards for the 9E like in the picture two replies up from this one? I have read about people using all kinds of modded guards but the one in that picture looks like it fits the 9E perfectly.

Thanks.
Nothing fits perfectly. If you want the back end to be curved in so you can mount the last screw hole, you need to mold it and curve it inward, then drill the hole for the rear screw. But I decided to just mount mine with 2 screws (front and middle), and cut off some of the rear ends. This way the rocks and dirt have a better chance to fall off the back end...instead of being held inside the chassis.

Use these:
http://www.teknorc.com/advanced_sear...keywords=guard
Old 08-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default Rear Mudguards

Guys,
A buddy of mine is looking for a USA (preferably) distributor of these mud guards he saw at the following link:

http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.ph...ud-guards.html

Anyone have any ideas where to get em ?
Cheers.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mud Guards for Rear Lower Arms. Hyper 9e.

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Guys,
A buddy of mine is looking for a USA (preferably) distributor of these mud guards he saw at the following link:

Cheers.

These are quite nice. First time I've seen any type of rear arm mudguards for the Hyper 9. Also, I saw the bottom of rear arm mudguard, That's a first for me, I've never seen that type of mud guard for the bottom of a rear arm before now. Thank you for this information.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Guys,

Cheers.
But be careful...it looks like these are for the stock rear lower arms (with the curve). The B Version arms are straight so they will need different mud guards.

A friend of mine fabricates lots of carbon RC parts for almost any vehicle. Pretty much the only thing he doesn't do is chassis. I am about to give him my buggy so that he can create some shock towers, mud guards, etc. I will let you guys know when he's ready to start selling carbon parts for the Hyper 9e.

In the mean time, feel free to check out his website: http://www.outfrontframes.com
Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
shano, this is a very cool chassis. I can't believe it weighs just under 150 grams. thats super awesome. is the chassis flexible? if you try and flex the chassis with your hands, does it bend easier than the stock metal chassis, or less?
This info should not have been posted yet.Once I have done some testing I will post my finds and thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.