Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Congratulations on your new buggy :)

I know you bought your new Hyper 9E used but it's still your new buggy. Looks really great. I actually like how this Losi body fits on your Hyper 9E. I just recently bought a very similar body. I believe it's called the JConcepts illuzion Hi Flow, for the Losi 8ight. I'm going to run this body on my Hyper 9E as well. That's truly a cool looking paint job. The colors and design looks very unique and awesome. Thank you for posting these pictures. Really great looking buggy.

PS. What kind of work did you do to your new buggy? What parts were wore out? And or broke, or even bent? Where did you buy this Hyper 9E, and did the seller let you know the buggy need this work, you have done?

Originally Posted by supafastsupra2 View Post
Was finally able to pick up the hyper 9e I bought a few weeks back. It had quite a few things wrong with it as is so I've been wrenching all day to get it up to spec. Let me know what you guys think Body is an 8ight nitro shell that came with my tekno 8ight.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Some pictures of my hyper9e with Tekno elektri clutch with motor brakes n
use the clutch as slipper .Clutch spring need to be trim .
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-068.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-060.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-063.jpg  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Some more pictures .
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-064.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-065.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-066.jpg  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Some more .
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-067.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-058.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-059.jpg  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
I know you bought your new Hyper 9E used but it's still your new buggy. Looks really great. I actually like how this Losi body fits on your Hyper 9E. I just recently bought a very similar body. I believe it's called the JConcepts illuzion Hi Flow, for the Losi 8ight. I'm going to run this body on my Hyper 9E as well. That's truly a cool looking paint job. The colors and design looks very unique and awesome. Thank you for posting these pictures. Really great looking buggy.

PS. What kind of work did you do to your new buggy? What parts were wore out? And or broke, or even bent? Where did you buy this Hyper 9E, and did the seller let you know the buggy need this work, you have done?
Thanks for the nice words on my buggy. I did not paint that shell but i agree it looks pretty sweet. The hyper didn't have TOO much stuff wrong with it, but I did have to replace the radio tray/box, rear shock tower and the front left & rear arms (which the seller included) . He was running a different set of arms and shock tower that changed the suspension geometry, but since that tower was bent I just went with the all stock suspension setup and am setting it up similar to the nitrohouse setup. I rebuilt all the diffs, shocks, dremeled the battery tray and losi body etc. and also drilled countersunk the tekno mudguards I bought for it.

The main time consuming part of the build was the electronics. With the way the radio box and wire routing is supposed to be it's really just a PITA to get it just right, especially when you have extra wires from a transponder. And once I finished the build with a Mamba Max Pro and capactior, i did a quick bench test and quickly realized that the MMP internal BEC was just not going to cut it. Not sure if it's my specific unit or due to me running FASST, but the transponder would cut out if i gave any servo or throttle input. I had the same issue on the 8ight on thursday as my transponder wasn't registering with the lap timer, but figured it was just due to the fact i was running mechanical brakes. So after that I had to dismantle everything to mount up my MMM off of my Muggy conversion (still waiting on a castle warranty for my other MMM).

I do not like how the motor mount and diff support use those separate spacers. Any options that get rid of them?

EDIT: I bought the buggy locally from a guy on craigslist, who coincidentally also sold me a Muggy a few months prior. For 175 it was a pretty darn good ideal IMO.

Last edited by DanielC.; 08-14-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default The Elite-RC Motor Mount Should be the solution you seek.

Thanks for the nice words on my buggy. I did not paint that shell but i agree it looks pretty sweet. The hyper didn't have TOO much stuff wrong with it, but I did have to replace the radio tray/box, rear shock tower and the front left rear arms. He was running a different set of arms and shock tower that changed the suspension geometry, but since that tower was bent I just went with the all stock suspension setup and am setting it up similar to the nitrohouse setup. I rebuilt all the diffs, shocks, dremeled the battery tray and losi body etc. and also drilled countersunk the tekno mudguards I bought for it.

The main time consuming part of the build was the electronics. With the way the radio box and wire routing is supposed to be it's really just a PITA to get it just right, especially when you have extra wires from a transponder. And once I finished the build with a Mamba Max Pro and capactior, i did a quick bench test and quickly realized that the MMP internal BEC was just not going to cut it. Not sure if it's my specific unit or due to me running FASST, but the transponder would cut out if i gave any servo or throttle input. I had the same issue on the 8ight on thursday as my transponder wasn't registering with the lap timer, but figured it was just due to the fact i was running mechanical brakes. So after that I had to dismantle everything to mount up my MMM off of my Muggy conversion (still waiting on a castle warranty for my other MMM).

I do not like how the motor mount and diff support use those separate spacers. Any options that get rid of them?

If I'm reading you correctly, the Elite-RC Motor Mount is a one-piece unit, which eliminates the seperate 2-Piece stock setup I believe you are refering to. If this is not what you are talking about, please clarify and I will re-frame my response. Google search Elite-RC and this will get you to the home page of Elite, where Brandon sells his motor mounts that are made of exacting specifications, and the highest quality materials. Again, if you are refering to a different part of the Hyper 9E, please let me know. Thank you for the information and pictures, well done
Old 08-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9E with clutch.

Originally Posted by han2766 View Post
Some pictures of my hyper9e with Tekno elektri clutch with motor brakes n
use the clutch as slipper .Clutch spring need to be trim .
Excellent, very detailed pictures. Thank you. Is it possible to take and post many detailed pictures of the clutch system "in the buggy", and also take many pictures of every part you made, and screw that helps mount and stabalize this electric clutch system you are running. For example, please take many detailed pictures of your buggies motor mount and how you mounted your motor mount. And close ups of any modifications you made to make this clutch system fit and mount into your Hyper 9E. If it's possible. By the way, your pictures are very clear and well lit. Thank you
Old 08-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
If I'm reading you correctly, the Elite-RC Motor Mount is a one-piece unit, which eliminates the seperate 2-Piece stock setup I believe you are refering to. If this is not what you are talking about, please clarify and I will re-frame my response. Google search Elite-RC and this will get you to the home page of Elite, where Brandon sells his motor mounts that are made of exacting specifications, and the highest quality materials. Again, if you are refering to a different part of the Hyper 9E, please let me know. Thank you for the information and pictures, well done
I was referring to how the diff/motor mounts use an aluminum sleeve and oddball spacers to physically mount them to the chassis. Thank you for the link, I am planning to get the elite-mount but that still leaves the rear support for the center diff with those weird aforementioned spacers/nuts.

EDIT: Can't wait to take this bugger to the track, took it out for a test drive only to see the familiar Florida rain clouds in the distance. Ah well, hopefully next week before the fall semester begins.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Center Diff Steel Post vs. The Stock Aluminum Post. Link Provided.

I was referring to how the diff/motor mounts use an aluminum sleeve and oddball spacers to physically mount them to the chassis. Thank you for the link, I am planning to get the elite-mount but that still leaves the rear support for the center diff with those weird aforementioned spacers/nuts.

EDIT: Can't wait to take this bugger to the track, took it out for a test drive only to see the familiar Florida rain clouds in the distance. Ah well, hopefully next week before the fall semester begins.
These steel post replace the aluminum center diff post, and I believe; also replace those spacers you mention. I've not tried these because I opt for lightest possible weight. In fact, I will soon replace every steel screw on my Hyper 9E with Aluminum. If and when, any of the Aluminum screws break, I will then replace those specific screws with a progressively stronger and stronger material screw, until the screw no longer breaks. From what I've recently been told, most; if not all of the Aluminum screws may very well hold up, without breaking. Only testing under the most extreem racing conditions will demonstrate how well the Aluminum screws throughout the Hyper 9E, will hold up. And I'm most certainly willing to try the Aluminum screws.

PS. Let me know if these steel post appear to be what you're looking for. Have a great day
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ter-Post-Set-3
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Perfect, Thank you.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Does anyone know the difference between the GL and 2.0? If that pertains to nitro, and you still know the answer, I'd love to know. I'm thinking of getting a nitro AND electric Hyper9.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Regarding a few hop ups:

Folks, a guy at my track had some Hypers and he had the one piece shock caps. I believe the 9e and the nitro 2.0 are 17mm?? Anyone seen these? Can't find them.

Also, he had an aluminum front support brace (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Support-Brace). Are these pretty important to have?

Any other "must have" hop ups?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by markhat250 View Post
Regarding a few hop ups:

Folks, a guy at my track had some Hypers and he had the one piece shock caps. I believe the 9e and the nitro 2.0 are 17mm?? Anyone seen these? Can't find them.

Also, he had an aluminum front support brace (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Support-Brace). Are these pretty important to have?

Any other "must have" hop ups?
shock caps
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21015
hardware
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21016

yes, the front support brace is a popular hop up. I also recommend the Elite RC motor mount as a must have item.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

i run the 1 piece caps,they're awesome,no popping off anymore.Well worth the money.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

anyone looking for a hyper 9e,this guy is selling one,http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ller-sale.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.