Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Steve...

You coming down to West Coast tonight...Would love to see and try the new chassis... Let me know.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgerchow View Post
My question is, has anybody heard of the Hobao esc's and motors? Can't seem to find any information from anywhere on the web about them. The box says Hobao 1/8 esc and motor combination, and the store just got them in. I was going to put a MMM with 2200 combo into the car, but the owner offered this Haobo esc combo for only $149. He just wanted somebody to try it to see if they were any good.
I believe that's the 80A esc 2250kv combo from Hobbywing.

Last edited by outLaW^; 08-04-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
thats what im going to try first. i should have it this week.
I cant wait to see it in Action, We might have to talk to Robert over at Matrix and see about getting you set-up.

Originally Posted by Ezrem View Post
Has anybody tried the new 208 software for the Tekin RX8 yet?

I have the 1900kv combo in my 9E and I haven't gotten around to updating. Wondering what settings to shoot for, hoping to keep similar performance but still extend my runtime and get cooler running without changing my motor. I know the Tekin guys are all running 1700s now, but I really don't want to go buy another motor (already have two 1900kv combos!)

I'm thinking drop a pinion tooth or two (currently at 16), do the timing boost stuff, should get me what I want?
New Software is Awesome possum to say the least.

Originally Posted by reracer View Post
I'm thinking about picking up a Tekin setup now that they seem to have the majority of the bugs worked out of the ESC. Plus the new 208 software. I just can't decide on the 1700 or the 1900.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by outLaW^ View Post
I believe that's the 80A esc 2250kv combo from Hobbywing.
It says Hobao on it, and its got fans, deans and bullet connectors already. No soldering required. If it is a rebadged Hobbywing, 80 A, is it any good?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default side guards

I bought these side guards and now I don't see how they are supposed to fit ("with modifications") like it says on Nitrohouse. In order to get anywhere close to fitting it looks like I need to cut off one of the screw holes...plus the battery tray sticks out too far. Is anybody using these? Any pics?

Here's the side guards:
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21737

Do you guys recommend different side guards?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I just got my esc swapped out today for free,so hopefully i can do more testing without my esc falling out,A BIG THANKS TO SNRSCION FOR THE ESC TRAY and now that will not happen again.I might be getting the shocktowers for the hyper 9e next if i bend them snrscion.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys,
just getting my first E buggy, have a quick servo question, wanna get the futaba bls352. do i need to run any kind of reciever pack, or am i just going right into the radio reciever with it? also what about a servo saver?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hey,chris the servo is a great choice by the way,and you just plug it into the reciever because the main battery powers everything.And the servo saver is built into the steering bellcranks with the small spring on the bottom of the right bellcrank.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default MoosRacing Chassis Accident

Firstly guys I would like to sincerely and truthfully apologise for giving misleading information.

Im young and unexperienced and have made a huge mistake in lying about the broken MoosRacing chassis.At the time of the crash and getting home to repair the buggy I just wanted to blame the buggy rather than take responsibility for making a mistake on the track and crashing, which is what had caused the breakage of the chassis.

The MoosRacing chassis will not all come with a metal plate inside the carbonfibre, but mine will because I crash alot due to not paying attention to what is happening in front of me further on, on the track.

The Moosracing chassis will come with Pure Carbon Fiber,Kevlar and optional Aluminum or Steel, per the customers request. John can make the moosracing chassis any way the customer wants. John is only using a steel plate as an experiment for my chassis only.

I want to also apologise for making it sound like john makes bad chassis that fall apart when you race with them and giving bad data. I had lied because I was scared and was also not willing to take responsibility for my actions.

I want to also apologise to the people that I have hurt with this negative and untrue information.

So from here on I will be 100% honest and upfront on everything.

The accident had happened during one of my races where a nitro was on its roof in the middle of the main straight. I was at fullthrottle when I had hit him. I had lost my whole front end, my esc, chassis and also points towards my racing season.

Last edited by shano83; 08-05-2010 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic View Post
That seems backwards to me? I run a 1700 4S and I like it very much. I took it to Rev and I could tell it was out of steam down the long straight (180") with an 18T. I have a 2200 and 2650 but I like the low Kv motor better.
Are you running an RX8 with the 208 software?

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
with the lower KV you need to run more cell.
Not with the new Tekin software. You can motor down for smooth infield and with the timing boost it gives you the straight away speed. Works awesome.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
I bought these side guards and now I don't see how they are supposed to fit ("with modifications") like it says on Nitrohouse. In order to get anywhere close to fitting it looks like I need to cut off one of the screw holes...plus the battery tray sticks out too far. Is anybody using these? Any pics?

Here's the side guards:
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21737

Do you guys recommend different side guards?
these are basically tekno mudguards. There are pics in the thread with them mounted. As you get closer towards the rear of the car you need to either cut them there or you can angle them in a way.

Let me know if you can't find any pics of this done.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
Not with the new Tekin software. You can motor down for smooth infield and with the timing boost it gives you the straight away speed. Works awesome.
Yea, I read about that... I tought I was good with my MMM and my 1850kv. Now I'm starting to think to get an RX8 combo. Technical evolution is bad for my wallet
Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube View Post

Old 08-05-2010, 10:08 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
I just got my esc swapped out today for free,so hopefully i can do more testing without my esc falling out,A BIG THANKS TO SNRSCION FOR THE ESC TRAY and now that will not happen again.I might be getting the shocktowers for the hyper 9e next if i bend them snrscion.
Cool I have them in stock.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
Steve...

You coming down to West Coast tonight...Would love to see and try the new chassis... Let me know.
I am coming today I got your shock tower.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.