Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Elite-RC Motor Mount. A must have performance upgrade.

Originally Posted by longbill76
Hey Guys..

The H9E motor mount is FINALLY back in stock..
available for purchase at www.Elitercd.com
This is a must have upgrade for anyone with a Hyper 9E. I've been practicing and racing with my Elite-RC Motor Mount and this design is truly an answer to my prayers. When I first bought my Hyper 9E, the first thing I notice was how dificult it is to get to the motor screws, for adjusting the gear mesh, and for removing the motor. I had owned a Losi 8ight-E and asked myself why Ofna or someone could not make a motor mount that simplified the complicated, time consuming process of dealing with the stock motor mount. The Elite-RC motor mount takes the initial idea of an easy to use motor mount, to another level of cutting edge performance. If you are thinking of buying a Hyper 9E, or waiting for them to come back into stock, this is a great time to pick up your Elite motor mount before they sell out again. Brandon has many many dozens of these motor mounts made each production run but people order these motor mounts from all over the world. I just purchased my second Hyper 9e and will be placing my order for my second Elite motor mount right away. This note is meant as a heads up for anyone interested in upgrading their Hyper 9E. This is definitely a must have upgrade. If you race, or not; this motor mount makes anything you do with your electric motor, easier. And Brandon, designer of the Elite motor mount- uses the highest quality materials available. This is a great product. Thank you Brandon, I will always be grateful for you making these motor mounts for the Hyper 9E. There is nothing else on the market that comes close to the design, and quality of this motor mount. Design without quality is useless. And after much dialogue with Brandon(via emails) about design specifics, I believe Brandon has designed the Ultimate motor mount.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default What is a pt?

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
You do not need a bec unless you are running two servos or a pt. What are you going to run tomorrow cause i think Danny said no 8th scales till wed. if i recall the thread right.
Thank you for the track update, T4 Razer. I may still go to the track and just drool all over it so that Danny doesn't have to water as often.

And as for the Mamba Max Pro, I've seen a few people run these with an external BEC on their 1/8th scale buggies. Research does indicate that an external BEC is optional. I now understand the Mamba Max Pro comes with a built in BEC, what is not completely clear to me is why many 1/8th scale buggies tend to run these ESC's with an external BEC. I'm finding allot of conflicting data. I will have to look into this in more detail(I'll call Castle Tech Support and talk with Bernie, Thomas or Greg; first chance I have). Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate it. By the way, what is a pt?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Thank you for the track update, T4 Razer. I may still go to the track and just drool all over it so that Danny doesn't have to water as often.

And as for the Mamba Max Pro, I've seen a few people run these with an external BEC on their 1/8th scale buggies. Research does indicate that an external BEC is optional. I now understand the Mamba Max Pro comes with a built in BEC, what is not completely clear to me is why many 1/8th scale buggies tend to run these ESC's with an external BEC. I'm finding allot of conflicting data. I will have to look into this in more detail(I'll call Castle Tech Support and talk with Bernie, Thomas or Greg; first chance I have). Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate it. By the way, what is a pt?
Well a pt is a personal transponder. The bec only puts out 3 amps and when you use two servos or just one with a pt the esc I believe can glitch. I believe when you use two servos it takes 6 amps if i am correct. If you are just using a steering servo then there is no need for a bec.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default External BEC with Personal Transponder use, to Prevent Glitching.

Well a pt is a personal transponder. The bec only puts out 3 amps and when you use two servos or just one with a pt the esc I believe can glitch. I believe when you use two servos it takes 6 amps if i am correct. If you are just using a steering servo then there is no need for a bec.
So, if I'm racing and use my own Personal Transponder, and use only one servo(steering) on my 1/8th scale buggy, I would want to use an external BEC, to help prevent potential glitching?

PS. If this is the case, this is consistant with what I've been reading. People having problems with glitching that an external BEC always, or almost always eliminates. Thus my original question stands. What BEC will be used, I should say; if one is to be used. That may be something Steve will or will not decide to add at a later date. If Steve wishes to chime in at any time, please do so(aka snrscion).
Old 07-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
So, if I'm racing and use my own Personal Transponder, and use only one servo(steering) on my 1/8th scale buggy, I would want to use an external BEC, to help prevent potential glitching?

PS. If this is the case, this is consistant with what I've been reading. People having problems with glitching that an external BEC always, or almost always eliminates. Thus my original question stands. What BEC will be used, I should say; if one is to be used. That may be something Steve will or will not decide to add at a later date. If Steve wishes to chime in at any time, please do so(aka snrscion).
The regular castle bec not the pro I believe is what i believe most people prefer.

PS: You are so lucky you have your 9. Im still waiting for mine to arrive at OCRC that I ordered last Saturday. Steve said hopefully tomorrow because I guess they are waiting in Long Beach in customs of course. Oh well. Soon I will be rockin an 8th scale again. Its not OFNA's fault.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Which BEC to use with the Mamba Max Pro. Thank you.

The regular castle bec not the pro I believe is what i believe most people prefer.

PS: You are so lucky you have your 9. Im still waiting for mine to arrive at OCRC that I ordered last Saturday. Steve said hopefully tomorrow because I guess they are waiting in Long Beach in customs of course. Oh well. Soon I will be rockin an 8th scale again. Its not OFNA's fault.
I'm sorry you're still waiting for your Hyper 9e. I know each day can seem like forever. It'll be here soon and you'll be extreemly happy. Once you've recieved your new Hyper 9e, take a few pictures of your favorite design aspects, and also of anything you feel you would like improved, or changed, and talk about what you would like different- and why. Goodnight all you very happy and soon to be happy, Hyper 9E owners. And goodmorning to those of you on a different time zone and or on the other side of the world.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Initiate

hi MindThoughts,
I want to understand: can you explain me the benefit of the more flexible carbon chassis than the aluminium stock ?
Hobao have made strong alu front and rear braces ...
Old 07-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Diameter spur gear on center diff Hyper 9e.

Can some of you guys measure the diameter (OD) of the spur gear on the center diff?

I consider doing a mod to my Xray 808e to get the central drive line. Then I need a smaller center diff and spur gear like the one on the Hyper 9e.

Regards Ronny
Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Hey guys I got fed up with the tekin rx8 so i ave just oredered a MMM +2200kv combo and a 2650kv motor

HMmmmmm Now to see if the rx8 and t8 motor will fit in the mini ste

Last edited by shano83; 07-28-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey guys I got fed up with the tekin rx8 (piece of crap) so i ave just oredered a MMM +2200kv combo and a 2650kv motor

HMmmmmm Now to see if the rx8 and t8 motor will fit in the mini ste
I know we are million miles away but I sure would love to have your gear to look at. There isn't any system that can out perform my Tekin. I've seen you are having "top end" issues. Something is a miss. I assure you. As far as the "piece of crap" comment, well to each there own I guess. Just cuz you have a derogotory comment, doesn't mean you have to say it. Especially since you are now a "team driver" for Moos
Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

hi mindthoughts, do you have pricing for the moos racing or matrix carbon fiber chassis and parts? i really like how you hyper 9e looks. this buggy is really awesome. i got mine three months ago and want to start racing it. tnx
Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

at my track tekin is always top 4 out of the 5 finishers in the amain...since i switched ...3rd then 2nd place finishes last 2 races for me the smoothness of power is unreal
Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I think most of the time the esc's fail because they aren't properly cushioned or protected to take the impact when you land thus knocking wires loose,cracking the inner control board,or just ripping the wires off the esc.The people also get faulty ones(alot)I will always go with castle because 8th scale is so big is doesn't,t need to be sensored the only tekin or novak i will run is in my 10th scale trucks.CASTLE IS RELIABLE.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

With all due respect, castle has been in the 8th scale game for several years now and are on their 3rd version of the MMM and they still let the smoke out. If you dont believe me just check out the VE8 thread. Tekin is close. Very close. This 8th scale environment is just a very brutal and harsh thing to put small pc components through. Sometimes I think most people have pretty unrealistic standards. If you go and buy a brand new nitro engine and it let's go 1.5 months from now you're SOL. These esc companies are standing behind their stuff so we as racers should be a little patient. Let's face this reality, in the 1:1 racing world, very few things have warranties because of the "racing" environment.

Just my $.02
Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

+1 i meant that i seen more tekins smoke then castle.My esc didn't burn up to go bad,it flew out of the car when landing upside down from a triple because a truggy smacked my hyper in the air.The esc is fine,i can pop the case off and just solder the negative wire on that ripped at the case but i will get it replaced in a few days so i'm not complaing.At my track i have seen 7 tekins smoke after running well all day and then just smoke,castle probably 2 smoke but 1 was a user error(plug in the deans backards)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.