Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman View Post
Can someone do me a favor? I am working on converting my RC8 to use the center drive line from the 9E but I need to know how high the center of the center diff is, which is also the height of the rear gearbox input shaft. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to make this work. Thanks!
Height to the center of the center diff from the chassis is 1.050".
Old 06-14-2010, 02:41 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Hey can anyone tell me if the mamba monster is sensored or sensorless
Cheers guys
Old 06-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano83 View Post
Cheers guys
Sensorless
Old 06-14-2010, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by thomatrix View Post
Sensorless
damn is there any company that makes a sensored esc for 1/8th offroad besides tekin (mine shit itself only 1 1/2 months old) goin back for repair but im also keen on the mmm
Old 06-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

damn is there any company that makes a sensored esc for 1/8th offroad besides tekin (mine shit itself only 1 1/2 months old) goin back for repair but im also keen on the mmm
I have run MMM and Tekin and both do a very good job!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

dude
the new hobby wing 8scale stuff is bullet proof i and plenty australia,s quick guys are running the 80-150a hobby wing , even there new motors run cool and go really hard,, and its sensored not sensoreless
when u use the HW non sensored motors, its that smooth u cart even tell, i run the hw 2250kv motor on 4c
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by hyper9boy View Post
dude
the new hobby wing 8scale stuff is bullet proof i and plenty australia,s quick guys are running the 80-150a hobby wing , even there new motors run cool and go really hard,, and its sensored not sensoreless
when u use the HW non sensored motors, its that smooth u cart even tell, i run the hw 2250kv motor on 4c
I got the hw 2000kv 150a esc and upgraded to a tekin rx8 2050kv and what a waste of time the hobby wing was quicker.I want something with plenty of guts cause at our local races us electric boys run with the nitros.I been considering the mmm with the 2650kv neu motor on 4s should have plenty of grunt
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reracer View Post
Height to the center of the center diff from the chassis is 1.050".
Ya, that is what I was afraid of. The height of the RC8 rear input shaft is only 18mm (0.709"). That could be a problem Thanks for the info.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 AM

hey guys is there a mmm thread cause i have had a bit of a look and cant find anything i thought i might go have a look and see what people are saying bout the mmm before i buy one and launch the rx8 into the sky
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Castle 2650kv Cogg free sensorless system. vs less efficient sensored systems.

Shano,
the Neu/Castle 2650kv(sensorless) powered by the combo Mamba Monster(sensorless) is insane fast on three cell lipo, that's what I run on big tracks and I've never seen a nitro buggy keep up.

Also keep in mind, it's been explained to me that sensorless motors are more efficient, use less energy than sensored. Also keep in mind that the 2650kv castle with Mamba monster esc, this system is not your typical sensorless esc, it resonates at a much higher frequency(than other cogging sensorless esc's) allowing for smooth and cogg free operation. That's why so many people run the castle sensorless system. All this was explained to me by several professionals in the race industry, and varified by castle creations tech support. With a four cell, your car would unglue your tires. Fast enough? Hope this helps.

Cogging is a word That basically translates into a sensorless motor/esc sputtering, and having a rough take off, rather than smooth. Note this does not apply to Castles sensorless systems because of the extreemly high resonating frequency of the design. Tim Bump also explained this concept to me, at Nitro House. He's the head designer of the Hyper 9e, and in the know about castles smooth sensorless operation. As an example of Terible cogging, did you ever see or hear a losi 8ight take off from a stop, back when they first came out with the 1.0. Software upgrades have helped the losi Xcelorin system, but it's not near as smooth and reliable as the Mamba Monster. I've sent my Mamba Monster ESC in for repair three times in one year of hard racing. And zero fires. I use to run novak until it burned my buggy up. The castle esc will just stop when it's done. I understand it's failure rate to be much less than the new Tekin Motors and ESC's. Though Tekin I'm sure will work the bugs out soon enough, it's their first version in 1/8th scale. Castles Mamba Monster is on Version number three. That's allot of time to improve a product, and castle has. Also keep in mind that Castles motors are made by Steve Neu, many say he's the finest motor designer in the world, or at least among the finest. As a side note, the 2650kv motor design is made to last ten years, that includes the truggy 2200kv motor as well(this was explained to me by the Engineers that help design the motors)also keep in mind that castle sells a rebuild kit for these motors for only $25.oo dollars, comes with a new rotor, and two oversized bearings. All castles motors and esc's come with a one year warranty, after one year; it's a flat fee of $70.oo for another year warranty on your exchanged or repaired esc. Now go smoke some nitro's Shano. And tell us all about it here on the forum. Pictures and you tube video links are welcome.

Cheers guys
Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
Shano,
the Neu/Castle 2650kv(sensorless) powered by the combo Mamba Monster(sensorless) is insane fast on three cell lipo, that's what I run on big tracks and I've never seen a nitro buggy keep up.

Also keep in mind, it's been explained to me that sensorless motors are more efficient, use less energy than sensored. Also keep in mind that the 2650kv castle with Mamba monster esc, this system is not your typical sensorless esc, it resonates at a much higher frequency(than other cogging sensorless esc's) allowing for smooth and cogg free operation. That's why so many people run the castle sensorless system. All this was explained to me by several professionals in the race industry, and varified by castle creations tech support. With a four cell, your car would unglue your tires. Fast enough? Hope this helps.

Cogging is a word That basically translates into a sensorless motor/esc sputtering, and having a rough take off, rather than smooth. Note this does not apply to Castles sensorless systems because of the extreemly high resonating frequency of the design. Tim Bump also explained this concept to me, at Nitro House. He's the head designer of the Hyper 9e, and in the know about castles smooth sensorless operation. As an example of Terible cogging, did you ever see or hear a losi 8ight take off from a stop, back when they first came out with the 1.0. Software upgrades have helped the losi Xcelorin system, but it's not near as smooth and reliable as the Mamba Monster. I've sent my Mamba Monster ESC in for repair three times in one year of hard racing. And zero fires. I use to run novak until it burned my buggy up. The castle esc will just stop when it's done. I understand it's failure rate to be much less than the new Tekin Motors and ESC's. Though Tekin I'm sure will work the bugs out soon enough, it's their first version in 1/8th scale. Castles Mamba Monster is on Version number three. That's allot of time to improve a product, and castle has. Also keep in mind that Castles motors are made by Steve Neu, many say he's the finest motor designer in the world, or at least among the finest. As a side note, the 2650kv motor design is made to last ten years, that includes the truggy 2200kv motor as well(this was explained to me by the Engineers that help design the motors)also keep in mind that castle sells a rebuild kit for these motors for only $25.oo dollars, comes with a new rotor, and two oversized bearings. All castles motors and esc's come with a one year warranty, after one year; it's a flat fee of $70.oo for another year warranty on your exchanged or repaired esc. Now go smoke some nitro's Shano. And tell us all about it here on the forum. Pictures and you tube video links are welcome.

Hey mate you just absolutely sold me on this im gonna oreder one this week Yahoo time to blow the nitros of the track and buy plenty off glue ffor my tyres
Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Well... I finally broke down and did it. A nice looking, used Hyper 9E is on its way to my door step.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default GOT A QUICK QUESTION

Ok I'm orderin the hyper 9e tonight or tomorrow
Aswell with a 4s lipo
You if could help
Me I just need the size of the battery tray

And also if you don't mind some good suggestions of some 4s lipos with high mah so I get tons of run time money aint an issue ps. Thunderpower 4s 5000 mah is out of stock that's y I need help on what else is out there

Thanks corey
Old 06-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

For most mah for a 4S, I really liked using my PolyRC (basically a polyquest battery) 4S 6000mah battery pack. fits the battery tray like a glove, excellent runtimes, extremely good quality cells. Only issue (may be an issue for you), softcase.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

For longer run times at lower prices, try using Hyperion 6500 batteries. Unfortunately, they are out of stock right now.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=4709

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.