SC10 racing at OCRCraceway video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 racing at OCRCraceway video

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

just wanted to give a realistic cost, i went onto rc planet and spent about 5 mins to look this up

sc10 179.95
hitec agressor tx with servos 54.99
lrp ai quan. runner plus reverse 47.95
reedy stockstar 28.95
robinson pinion 3.00
duratrax CA glue 4.00
pactra paint 6.00

total: 324.88

add a battery and charger

wolfpack 3600 battery 29.95
mrc super brain charger 29.95

total: 384.78

Originally Posted by cherokee
No I want people to be realistic, I think that a good amount of new folks visit this site, and this segment of the hobby is the biggest bringer in of new blood in ages, those people deserve to know real costs, not artificially low costs on ebay hardware.

In this day in age where people are loosing their jobs, spending 200 for a car is an extravance. Spending 200 on a kit then having to buy everything that it takes to make the kit go and not trying to let those people know up front costs is irresponsible.

Unless your mommy and daddy are footing the bill for you....or you are living at home with mommy and daddy and have no real bills.

Personally I think that it is going to be a fine car, everything I have ever bought from AE has been top drawer. But if someone is thinking they can get one running for a c-note more then a slash (unless you already have stuff) you are kidding yourself. It is "Irrelevant" what kind of car we are talking about.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by truck driver
just wanted to give a realistic cost, i went onto rc planet and spent about 5 mins to look this up

sc10 179.95
reedy stockstar 28.95
robinson pinion 3.00
duratrax CA glue 4.00
pactra paint 6.00

If you intend to race the SCT class, do the same thing w/ the Slash. But don't forget that you may need to add an aftermarket chassis to be competitive.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lightin'
Being realistic, what's wrong with your whole premise is when that same kid shows up at the track and inevitably has radio issues and when he and his dad walks into the hobby shop and the guy behind the counter points at a $300 set-up.......... and the dad rolls his eyes and says, "The whole truck including radio didn't cost that, and now you want more money? No freaking way!!"

If we are going to be realistic we need to guide people away from cheaply made, cheaply assembled, mass-produced RTR cars and trucks with cheap/problematic electronics and get them back into Kits where they have the experience of actually building their truck so they don't come on RCTech and ask "You mean to tell me you have to adjust the slipper?"

RC10s cost more than 100-bucks 20 years ago, and SC10s aren't out of line with inflation or the economy. In comparison, today is the cheapest time ever to get into the hobby.

RTRs are fine for backyard bashers that run infrequently.
KITs are for racing and racers.

That is just so far off base it is not even funny.

Radio issues are usually caused by freq. conflicts, we have had to deal with that for years. The radio equipment that I have seen that comes with hobby grade RC cars is just fine, and infact is better then the entry level AM level Futuba Magnum JR radios we used "back in the day" Only problem with the Traxxas radios is that there are so few chrystals to use.

I never said that the SC10 is out of line price wise....in fact I think that in todays dollar it is cheaper then the like cars in the 80's.

I know you and many others have a bias against RTR cars, I like to build my cars I find it fun, but to discount the lot of RTR cars as good for bashing only is just off base. There are RTR versions of just about every "race" level car out there, the latest AE offerings as well.

And what to you call a 5B, a basher only and the SS is only good for racing? An AE RTR B4 is a basher, but the kit B4 is a racer? That is just stupid, no other way to say it. The kit radio gear and servos are crap, you are just so wrong.

Sorry to have drifted this topic so off course from what it has started as...my fault....but the same thing seems to happen in all SC10 threads. I have not said one bad word or made fun of/put down/called any car crap in any thread....I do call them all toys, because that is what they are folks toys.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tim3
Linhtin, how can I say this. YOU ARE AN EDIT! Y.. SON.... stop leading people in too thinking that you know something about something, go away.
Priceless!!
And you want people to put their trust in you and your inability to spell basic 5-letter words?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cherokee
That is just so far off base it is not even funny.
Only thing that isn't funny is the ongoing confusion over the term RTR.
Some of you try to insinuate that it stands for Ready To Race,
while in fact it stands for Ready To Run.

There IS a DIFFERENCE!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by truck driver

sc10 179.95
reedy stockstar 28.95
robinson pinion 3.00
duratrax CA glue 4.00
pactra paint 6.00

This stuff isn't much better than the rtr run stuff in the slash.

You have to realize according to robby lightning's thinking unless you are willing to spend at least $1000 on your race setup you do not deserve to be out there racing. He's said many times racing is expensive and he wants it to stay that way.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 04-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by huskerdually
That was his point. People were saying it doubled the price of the truck just getting it to the track, and he was showing that using similar cheap electronics to what was in the strash that it was not the case.

You have to realize according to robby lightning's thinking unless you are willing to spend at least $1000 on your race setup you do not deserve to be out there racing. He's said many times racing is expensive and he wants it to stay that way.
My name's Joe unless you want me to call you Okiedually, and I never said any such thing.
If your intent is to keep racing dirt cheap they have plenty to offer down at your local radioshack or walmart in which there are no upgrades or race parts and should keep things in line with your pocketbook.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

why is it that EVERY sc10/slash thread i read on this site turns out to be a huge argument between users?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

I know it's sad, everybody is different.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by charly71
why is it that EVERY sc10/slash thread i read on this site turns out to be a huge argument between users?
Same thing happened everywhere this time last year. Strash came out and none of them wanted to run in the 2wd truck class, so they invented their own. This year ROAR came out with rules for the SCT Class, and Associated came out with their own truck, and the slashkteers still want it their way like it's Burger King or something.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lightin'
Same thing happened everywhere this time last year. Strash came out and none of them wanted to run in the 2wd truck class, so they invented their own. This year ROAR came out with rules for the SCT Class, and Associated came out with their own truck, and the slashkteers still want it their way like it's Burger King or something.
I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BROILED!!!! FINISH YOURE TRUCK LIGHTN
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

I was responding to cherokee, not lightnin.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anybody know what the SC10s were running or what the rules are going to be for running them at OCRC
Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ckaspar
Anybody know what the SC10s were running or what the rules are going to be for running them at OCRC
They run in Open KORR which is sort of a catch all truck class where you have the SC8e, Slashes with stadium truck tires, and any motor. The SC10s have been running to ROAR SCT rules with 17.5 motors which is what I suggest. If enough people show up with SC10s to SCT rules (17.5 motors) they could create an SCT class for the SC10 and Slash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.