R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Losi Speed T shocks to XXXT CR shocks

Ok well I have a set of four speed t shocks from a car I parted out before. I kept the shocks, radio, and brushless setup for another car.

I have one pair of speed t shocks on the front of my other car, but need to know what to change to get the other pair to the length of the rear XXXT-CR shocks.

I think the threaded body is already the same length as the rear XXXT shocks, are the shafts the only thing that needs to be changed?

Thanks guys
04DarkShadowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

I did a quick look on the parts explosions for you. The XXXTCR uses a 1.2" rear shock shaft. The Speed T comes with 1.0" shock shafts. I don't know if the bodies are different as they don't put the size on the Speed T shock bodies in the parts explosion. You may need to find a XXXT to hold them up against.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
I did a quick look on the parts explosions for you. The XXXTCR uses a 1.2" rear shock shaft. The Speed T comes with 1.0" shock shafts. I don't know if the bodies are different as they don't put the size on the Speed T shock bodies in the parts explosion. You may need to find a XXXT to hold them up against.
Thats what I thought. The Speed-T shocks are shorter-probably because it was meant to be onroad.

I couldnt find out of the size of the Speed-T shock bodies.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

If it helps: