Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What is it, what's it worth? >

What is it, what's it worth?

What is it, what's it worth?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What is it, what's it worth?

I think it's an RC10T, and it's not ideal size wise for what I'd like to have, does anyone have any idea what it might be worth? It needs a control arm repaired and probably a new RX/TX. Thank you for any help you're willing to provide.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It's a gold tub rc10 buggy.Made anywhere from 1984 to 1990. It has the short front arms which narrows it down a little bit to between 84' and 87' as most racers used the longer andy's arms on the front.It has a 6 gear tranny. It is not a rc10T.No idea on value. The gold tub cars are pretty common on e-bay.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was guessing it was worthless, just wondering if it was worth the time to sell it to fund a bigger truck purchase. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jairic
I was guessing it was worthless, just wondering if it was worth the time to sell it to fund a bigger truck purchase. Thanks for the reply.
If you are looking to sell there is a thread in the electric off road forum where a guy is doing a restore on a Black tub worlds car. They can share many parts , so he may be interested in it.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was kind of on the fence, I thought it looked pretty cool so I was considering looking into fixing the control arm and just driving it, but I don't' have a place to drive something this small, I need something more E-Maxx (revo, t-max, s-maxx, whatever) size. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That's the original RC10. The original "import fighter" as RC Car Action titled their article during their debut.

It's nostalgic value should be really high. It made the Tamiya Frog (which dominated the 1/10th electric 2wd buggy scene back then) suddenly look like a toy instead of being a hobby-grade machines we have today.

My opinion? Clean the darn thing!!!! Restore it and shelf it. Those short arms are hard to find. I have an old RC10, but it's a championship edition, with the longer arms. The shorter arms are original and it's very nostalgic... If you're too young to have any memories of it, you can probably find an old timer like me who find a lot of value in these and use that money to get yourself a modern vehicle. I would suggest the great great great grandson of that RC10, the RC10B4!!!

As cool the original RC10 is, you'd probably would enjoy the B4 more since you'll have plenty parts support (since parts WILL break, it's just a matter of when and how often) and also you have a humongous community of B4 owners out there that can help setup and maintain your vehicle...

Just curious, how can you not know what that is? Didn't you ask the previous owner of that vehicle what that is? Unless that item is uhmm I rather not say...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That car looks like it's in bad shape. If you want something different i suggest you sell it.

A mint one was on ebay a week ago for 125 and didn't sell.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just what ever you do, don't junk it. like it was said before, that car has special meaning to a lot of old RC guys. I'm sure you could get some $$$ out of it, and find it a good home.

J
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Woah i have got the same car at home. I'm about to fix it and give it to my little brother .

I just installed A new reciever on it. hold one was really glichting.

Do you ave any spare spart beside the car it self? I would be interested to get some. Right now my car is 1 wheel powered cause of 1 axel broke and i cant find the same part anywhere so far
Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

How bad is the bottom of the chassis? If it is fairly scratch free, it should fetch some more $$$

Also if you sell it, clean EVERYTHING.....if those arms are not yellowed and whiten up a bit, it's a bonus.....
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have one of these along with an original Losi Jr. 2wd Buggy. Both in excellent running condition. In fact, I have tons of extra parts, motors, batteries, esc, chargers and etc...

I put them away years ago, it's like opening a time-capsule
Old 03-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
How bad is the bottom of the chassis? If it is fairly scratch free, it should fetch some more $$$

Also if you sell it, clean EVERYTHING.....if those arms are not yellowed and whiten up a bit, it's a bonus.....
also RIT makes a whitener/brightener that does a fantastic job reducing the yellowing on the white parts.Just use the same technique you would to dye the plastics.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Kinda makes me want to pull out the old Black tub RC10T and restore it.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know a good place to find parts other than ebay? Ive got a 2nd gen. that im tring to restore.