Castle link HELP??? >

Castle link HELP???

Castle link HELP???

Old 03-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Castle link HELP???

Im trying to update my Mamba Monster Max and I have a few questions:

-It says to connect the adapter to the side of the speedo, but there is not a port for it? It looks like Im supposed to plug into the throtlle wires that go into the receiver? Is this correct?

-I installed the provided disk, but when I go to update its telling me "invalid controller or no controller connected? Whats up with that?

Do I have a programming issue or is my esc not connected to my computer correctly? Ive got a yellow or orange light turned on the ESC and a green light with a tiny blinking red light going on the CC adapter? Does the ESC power switch need to be turned on or off?

Help! LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes the castle link wire plugs into the ESC cable that goes to the receiver, make sure brown is on the brown wire, orange on the orange wire.

Best to check www.castlecreations.com for latest castle link (v3.12) and firm ware for your monster, download those instead of using the disk.

First time I installed had to unplug my LAN or Internet cable so it would pick up the ESC and not look for hardware drivers on the Internet.

It should power up as soon as the wires are connected, you do not have to turn the ESC on.

Good luck!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I figured I'd post again since I updated my sig to show what I have. It may help diagnos this issue.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I haven't done mine yet, but you hook it up via the esc wire from the controller - there is no port like the MM has.

Turn PC on, bring up the program - you'll have the two red boxes showing. Connect Castlelink to PC. Connect the cable to the esc lead with the esc switch off.

Should now have one green and one red box on the program. Turn esc switch on, should turn the last red box green. Ready to program!

Has always worked doing it this way for me.

The update you're asking about is for the esc and you don't have it connected (or not switched on). You're close though.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

You are on the right track. Plug your ESC control wire into the adapter, once you have it all hooked up right it will recognize your Mamba Monster.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Added Note: If you have a voltage "BEC" you will have to plug the battery in and turn the esc on to let the program load the adjustments.

Be sure to update your castle program!!!