R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Getting offroad truck/buggy, suggestions? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/28529-getting-offroad-truck-buggy-suggestions.html)

Greg_Hager 11-29-2003 10:27 PM

Getting offroad truck/buggy, suggestions?

I'm going to be gettng me a new (to me) offroad electric truck/buggy, and I was looking at the Team Associated T3/4 and the B3/4. What are the up and downs to these, and some possible other vehicles to look at. I'm a big fan of AE, because of my TC3. Comments? Suggestions?

2mcgrath 11-30-2003 09:48 AM

i dont know alot about electric.. but if the t3 is as good as the rc10gt i dont see how you could go wrong with it..

Brian Miskolczi 11-30-2003 06:09 PM

The Team Associated T4 and B4 are fair superioir to the B3 and T3. Those are the older models. Your best bet would to get the new version. Dont waste your money on old technowlogy if you are buying new from a hobby shop. Just my .02 cents.

Greg_Hager 11-30-2003 10:57 PM

I agree Brian, the one I'm looking at right now as a high possibility is the B4. Any comments on the B4 vs the T4?

nutfluff 12-01-2003 09:17 AM

Well, if you've never driven offroad before the T4 would be much better than the B4. It is much more forgiving to drive. I have both and most of the time pull better lap times with the truck than the buggy.

Both are durable, easily tunable, and very easy to build. (As long as you follow the instructions carefully)

Which ever you get make sure you upgrade the bumper to the blue aluminum one and change upgrade your turnbuckles to the blue aluminum's or Lunsford's.

I would lean to the T4...

Also, go to www.rc10b4.com

This is a website dedicated to these vehicles.

:nod:

Greg_Hager 12-02-2003 11:07 AM

Thanks nut, I appreciate it. I guess I'm leaning towards a T4 kit, and reusing my current TC3 electronics, save for the motor. Suggestions?

Cain 12-07-2003 06:35 AM

Motor suggestions, what do you plan on running ( class wise ).

You should first know that then get what they require. For all around running though a 19T motor is pretty good. I like the Peak Dynasty motor. Great power and better performance out of the box than trinity's chameleon. Plus, it doesn't suck down batteries as hard as higher end modified motors. A lot of guys I know the 19T to practice with then get there stock one out for racing since it makes the race feel "slow" and they handle the speed better.

The T4 is a great vehicle out of the box. the setup is really on versus the B4 initial setup. I ran my T4 against a B4 in the Pro truck class ( B4 ran since no other buggies ) and it was almost neck in neck. The B4 won, but it wasn't a blow out, I will still on the same lap and very close to him at the end. Alittle tinkering with the charge rate of my packs ( he does 6amps I was doing 5 ) and maybe lighter outdrives and I will be set.

If you get the T4, check out the forum on the T4 .

ernieball 12-07-2003 11:32 AM

if i were you, i would go with the b4. it will make you a better driver then the truck will. i have had both a truck and a buggy and like driving the buggy a lot more.