Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEKNO CONVERSION KIT

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow TEKNO CONVERSION KIT

I PUT THE TEKNO CONVERSION KIT ON MY SLAYER TO GO BRUSHLESS I USED THE MMM 2200 KV AND CLUTCH BELL ADAPTER AND WHEN INSTALLED I HAD TO DREMEL ON A BRAND NEW MOTOR SHAFT TO MAKE THE FLAT SPOT LONGER TO BE ABLE TO TIGHTEN UP THE SET SCREW TO SHAFT BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T BEFORE SO IF ANYONE'S PLANNING CONVERTING A SLAYER TO BRUSHLESS I WOULD PROBALLY GO WITH RC MONSTERS MOTOR MOUNT FROM PICS I SEEN YOU WANT HAVE TO USE CLUTCH BELL EVERYTHING ELSE IN KIY IS GREAT
Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

You dont have to use the clutch on the Tekno kit either....
Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just seen awhile ago that they make a extended pinion gear is this how because regular pinion is to short
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Yes that is correct. I run the direct drive pinion without mechanical brakes also.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

i'm guessing you got a slayer so what you done for reverse i'd like to have that option or do you have it
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

No I have an RC8 with the Tekno. I just use the reverse in the MMM. If you're using the mechanical brakes im not sure how you can have reverse. Your best bet is to post in the Tekno thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

well reason i was asking is slayer only has forward only gears i guess and i will do away with mechanical brakes if i can learn how to get reverse
Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laser_cart
well reason i was asking is slayer only has forward only gears i guess and i will do away with mechanical brakes if i can learn how to get reverse
it also said on the tekno site that it was easier on the tranny to use mechanical brakes.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by laser_cart
I presently have 2 working electric Slayers with reverse. The first one I basicly removed the second trans gear and made the 2speed into a solid set of gears leaving the stock output shaft. This one is For Sale...PM me for info.

The second one I have done a more extensive modification on, also removing the 2speed gears to make a solid trans, but also used other parts giving me a gear diff output from the trans making the power distribution as the 1/8th scale center diff. This one could also be For Sale after this weekend, but will cost quite a bit more than the first as it is quite a bit more modified.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Da Wizard
I presently have 2 working electric Slayers with reverse. The first one I basicly removed the second trans gear and made the 2speed into a solid set of gears leaving the stock output shaft. This one is For Sale...PM me for info.

The second one I have done a more extensive modification on, also removing the 2speed gears to make a solid trans, but also used other parts giving me a gear diff output from the trans making the power distribution as the 1/8th scale center diff. This one could also be For Sale after this weekend, but will cost quite a bit more than the first as it is quite a bit more modified.
Cant you just loosen the shift point instead of removing the 2 speed gears.