R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Smile E SLAYER

LETS SEE YOUR PIC'S HAVE MINE COMING TOGETHER WILL POST PIC'S SOON SO FAR HAVE MMM 2200 KV W/ESC TEKNO CONVERSION KIT TEKNO SWAY BARS AND MAX AMP LIPO 8000 7.4V 2S2P BATTERIES
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
snowboard094's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sac Town CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser_cart View Post
LETS SEE YOUR PIC'S HAVE MINE COMING TOGETHER WILL POST PIC'S SOON SO FAR HAVE MMM 2200 KV W/ESC TEKNO CONVERSION KIT TEKNO SWAY BARS AND MAX AMP LIPO 8000 7.4V 2S2P BATTERIES
I am also in the process of converting a slayer. I am using the mmm and 4s NUE lipo with tekno conversion. Have the roller and everything ordered and just waiting for it to come.
Also i had a question. Do you need to run the 3.3 clutch and clutch bell on the electric motor or can you just use a pinion gear? I see people doing both. I assume you can just use a pinion gear and loosen the shift point on the tranny so it is a single speed.
__________________
-Electrical wiz-Let me check your shorts.....that came out wrong
"Team Terrible"
Ofna Hyper 10sc
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboard094 View Post
I am also in the process of converting a slayer. I am using the mmm and 4s NUE lipo with tekno conversion. Have the roller and everything ordered and just waiting for it to come.
Also i had a question. Do you need to run the 3.3 clutch and clutch bell on the electric motor or can you just use a pinion gear? I see people doing both. I assume you can just use a pinion gear and loosen the shift point on the tranny so it is a single speed.
well i was just told that i didn't have to run clutch bell on another post he haven't repiled back how but will let you know but i see on there web site that they make a long shaft pinion gear maybe this is how but you CAN'T run it with regular pinion not long enough have to use clutch bell
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Smile

yes he said you can use the extended pinion gear
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
snowboard094's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sac Town CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser_cart View Post
yes he said you can use the extended pinion gear
Is this the pinion he was talking about.
http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....375faddc196e86
How many teeth would you recommend? Shouldn't 18 tooth be good.
__________________
-Electrical wiz-Let me check your shorts.....that came out wrong
"Team Terrible"
Ofna Hyper 10sc
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Default

Yes that is the one but this is what i ran into i just put mine together for as motor and clutch bell i have a 16tooth bell and 38tooth spur gear i don't know you can run any different because i don't see the motor mount moving enough to allow it i have mount all the way down
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Angry

tell you another problem I'm having the Mamba monster ESC on/off switch lead wires is to short I have it (ESC)installed on top of Tranny and trying to put switch in the Teckno box mounted on passenger side os truck but wires to short to reach so now have to find something else
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
rice_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

My build is posted HERE.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
snowboard094's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sac Town CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
My build is posted HERE.
Is having a clutch really worth it? I don't see the point it having one on an electric motor. You don't see any stock electric rcs having a clutch.
__________________
-Electrical wiz-Let me check your shorts.....that came out wrong
"Team Terrible"
Ofna Hyper 10sc
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
snowboard094's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sac Town CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser_cart View Post
Yes that is the one but this is what i ran into i just put mine together for as motor and clutch bell i have a 16tooth bell and 38tooth spur gear i don't know you can run any different because i don't see the motor mount moving enough to allow it i have mount all the way down
A clutch bell is bigger than a pinion gear so i am pretty sure that you have a better selection in pinions than clutch bells. Their is a guy on this forum who had a thread on his e-slayer and was running a 19 tooth pinion with the tekno conversion.
__________________
-Electrical wiz-Let me check your shorts.....that came out wrong
"Team Terrible"
Ofna Hyper 10sc
T-maxx O.S .18tm

Last edited by snowboard094; 03-27-2009 at 07:46 PM.
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
rice_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboard094 View Post
Is having a clutch really worth it? I don't see the point it having one on an electric motor. You don't see any stock electric rcs having a clutch.
This is an on-going debate amongst the electric conversion guys. IMHO it boils down to personal preference based on feel and driving style.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Default

how does yours run with that battery i just bought the max amps 7.4v 8000HV 2s2p
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ont. Can
Posts: 403
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone KNow if you can run a 1/10 brushless in a slayer?

I was thinking a 4600 and 3 cell lipo will still have tons of power?

Running a HV or Monster in it would totally over power the tires?

Whats everyone think?
__________________
RYAN MCKAY
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor.
teamcracing.net
sweepracingusa.com
smc-racing.net
fuzz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Run a MMM, the 4600 was designed for lighter cars, with the Slash being on the heavy side that the motor can push,
__________________
LRP Z.28R - 3
Spur Gear - 0
howtowakeakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
snowboard094's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sac Town CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz86 View Post
Does anyone KNow if you can run a 1/10 brushless in a slayer?

I was thinking a 4600 and 3 cell lipo will still have tons of power?

Running a HV or Monster in it would totally over power the tires?

Whats everyone think?
It would be ok. Just not very quick. Here is a guy who did that same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqKrm0ULQc
__________________
-Electrical wiz-Let me check your shorts.....that came out wrong
"Team Terrible"
Ofna Hyper 10sc
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts Thread AndyMoore Electric Off-Road 9513 Today 07:01 AM
OCRC Raceway robertbl California Racing 13156 12-12-2017 11:16 AM
QCRCCC OFF-ROAD RACING emer Manila Racers 16543 04-08-2016 01:31 AM
Team Losi 8ight-E roller/ Team associated T4/ 3.3 motor/revo,slayer pipe/slayer parts racerx1920 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 06-03-2009 04:09 PM
Pegasus Hobbies Traxxas Slash/Slayer race Nov 22 JamesnMeyer Electric Off-Road 144 12-03-2008 11:23 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net