R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Tekin RS-Pro is a nice compact, high power controller. The Hotwire is easy to use and not even necessary for the most part. Unless you are using a 3.5, you probably will not need a fan.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK here is my 2 cents....
I have ran LRP Comps in the past but had nothing but issues. Like I said my personal experience. So I switched to Speed Passion ESC's and I have had 3 that work great both v.1 and v 1.1 LPF. The advantage of the 2.0 is, you still get a programming box so you don't have to take your laptop with you like Tekin, you get USB updates to keep your esc current, and yes the cap is bigger but I have fit it with a full size receiver in my CAT SX. Doesn't get hot with a 6.5, has been the smoothest esc I have ran. Etc. The main reason for the Speed Passion esc is that Adam and Shawn from Schumacher are noted for thier customer service. I know a lot of guys running Tekin and that seems to be a good esc as well, just thought you would want to hear a different opinion. They have worked well in my touring car, my Cat and my 1/12th. Been able to make them fit in all the tight places. Good Luck in choosing the right one for you!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you guys talking about the LRP SPX? I haven't heard of the SXX... I have one in the mail and it should be here in a few days. It has the same footprint as the Sphere and should be good in stock racing. I'll let you know...
richard.bratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You have more than an SPX in the mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard.bratton View Post
Are you guys talking about the LRP SPX? I haven't heard of the SXX... I have one in the mail and it should be here in a few days. It has the same footprint as the Sphere and should be good in stock racing. I'll let you know...
Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Adam, you have no idea how happy this makes me!!! I couldn't resist buying the SPX; let's just say i have a little addiction to RC stuff and I'm a collector.

You don't know where I could find a Fireblade EVO do you? I raced one back around 2000 and then sold it. Now I wish I had it back and can't find one.
richard.bratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Adam, you have no idea how happy this makes me!!! I couldn't resist buying the SPX; let's just say i have a little addiction to RC stuff and I'm a collector.

You don't know where I could find a Fireblade EVO do you? I raced one back around 2000 and then sold it. Now I wish I had it back and can't find one.
Google Lrp Sxx

Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Google Lrp Sxx

that thing is real deal holyfield...

backyard your name explains it all. jacka$$. the tekin is confusing. without a laptop its no good. even with a laptop you have to dial in how much of this and that you want. WORTHLESS imo. you also have to get a hotwire for 20$ on top of the esc. and as for ON ROAD tekin was beat by lrp comp 07 at crcrc. now they got somptin new. oh sibba. also where in m sig do you see slash cause i dont remember wasting $200 on one and brand loyalty mr. AE you're one to talk tough guy. anyway F1 whatever ou want will be good. none of them are that bad i just like lrp ive had 2 for over a year and know of atleast 10 other people with multipul spheres and never a problem we dident cause our selfs. like reversing polarity when we are in a rush and what not. remember stay sensored
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #23
Tech Adept

do you think ive never read another post of yours Weed? did I ever say I had a problem? just an over heat ESC, not motor, not my fault. come on out to cali. and we can settle this on the track. I'LL DRIVE MY D8.
TEKIN #1 no problems no overheating super smooth.
RC10 gt2
SC10
backyardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

this thread is seriously what is wrong with the internet. dude asks a question, some folks answer it, other dudes proceed to ruin thread by arguing.

nice going everybody!
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drperry Send a message via MSN to drperry Send a message via Yahoo to drperry

I just picked up a Tekin FX, and it's insanely easy to program without the hotwire.

Heck, all your LED's are even labelled for what setting you're adjusting!

I'd imagine that programming the RS or RS Pro would be just as easy.

Much easier than programming my GTB, and trying to pay attention to how many flashes is which setting, and how many flashes for the setting it's on.
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
that thing is real deal holyfield...

backyard your name explains it all. jacka$$. the tekin is confusing. without a laptop its no good. even with a laptop you have to dial in how much of this and that you want. WORTHLESS imo. you also have to get a hotwire for 20$ on top of the esc. and as for ON ROAD tekin was beat by lrp comp 07 at crcrc. now they got somptin new. oh sibba. also where in m sig do you see slash cause i dont remember wasting $200 on one and brand loyalty mr. AE you're one to talk tough guy. anyway F1 whatever ou want will be good. none of them are that bad i just like lrp ive had 2 for over a year and know of atleast 10 other people with multipul spheres and never a problem we dident cause our selfs. like reversing polarity when we are in a rush and what not. remember stay sensored
that new LRP does look good...

out of the GTB, sphere comp, MM, and tekin RS pro, I LOVE my RS, if anyone says its hard to program they only looked at it for 30sec, you don't neeeeed a hotwire, but it is recomended and gives you adjustments that the LRPs don't have anyway
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #27
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you find 2 email me cause I'm looking for one meself

Quote: