Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Rebuilding a tranny >

Rebuilding a tranny

Rebuilding a tranny

Old 03-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rebuilding a tranny

What items would I need if I plan on using an FLM alum. transmission case? Im going to assume I have to rebuild the whole thing when the time comes to put that baby on. In addition to this, is there a better spur/pinion gear than the stock ones to use, and what gearing should I use for off road use? I run on packed and loose dirt and gravel mostly.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as the rebuild, all you MIGHT need is some light grease. You should be able to use some light lithium grease from your motor pool. As far as gearing goes, if your motor and ESC temps are still low, I would stick with what you got, if they are high I would drop 2 teeth on the pinion.

J
Old 03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

tbh, I dont think my ESC has heated up at all yet. My battery has felt like it was on fire a few times, and my motor, well that depends. Some runs its hot and some it runs cool.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drop a tooth or two on your pinion, also look for a motor heat sink to keep things on the cool side. Integy makes some pretty decent ones

Jay