R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Thunder Power 5200 saddle (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/284214-thunder-power-5200-saddle.html)

SpraydbySprague 03-22-2009 07:30 PM

Thunder Power 5200 saddle

I've heard Thunder Power makes a 5200 saddle pack. Does anyone know where I can get one new for my B44. Any info will help.

hacker07 03-23-2009 09:38 AM

I got one at the cactus this year and those things have an amazing amount of power. Should be able to get one from their site...thunderpowerrc.com but its very new so you may have to email them as its not up on their site yet.
Ryan

SpraydbySprague 03-23-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by hacker07 (Post 5586103)
I got one at the cactus this year and those things have an amazing amount of power. Should be able to get one from their site...thunderpowerrc.com but its very new so you may have to email them as its not up on their site yet.
Ryan

OOOOOhhhh! I'm totally jealous of you! :D I called Thunder Power today. Looks like the pack will not be officially released for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing the packs available at the Cactus Classic were a teaser. Glad to hear you like it. I've been on the fence with the LiPo thing. Feed back like this is a help. :nod:

cleblanc 03-23-2009 03:51 PM

i am pretty sure i saw someone trying to get rid of one in the for sale/trade section

SpraydbySprague 03-23-2009 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by cleblanc (Post 5587551)
i am pretty sure i saw someone trying to get rid of one in the for sale/trade section

That's the first one I saw. I've been in communication with the guy. He bought his at the Cactus Classic too. Gotta get my hands on one.

hanulec 04-19-2009 06:51 PM

any update on availability??

SpraydbySprague 04-19-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by hanulec (Post 5704808)
any update on availability??

Mine is on the way direct from Thunder Power!!!! The capacity has been bumped from 5200 to 5400 MaH. Can't wait to strap this thing in my B44 and see what it does. :D

SpraydbySprague 04-23-2009 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wyl03 04-23-2009 07:03 PM

what are the dimensions of those packs?
or comparison relative to the IB or reedy packs or trakpower?
thks.

TEAM-AE-4-EVER 04-24-2009 01:45 AM

Its too bad the wires don't have bullet connectors and aren't "removable"..... :rolleyes:

SpraydbySprague 04-24-2009 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by wyl03 (Post 5724704)
what are the dimensions of those packs?
or comparison relative to the IB or reedy packs or trakpower?
thks.

28mm H, 47mm W, 70mm L

These are rough measurements rounded up. The cells fit inside the Factory Team B44 LiPo cradle with a small amount of wiggle room. Gonna try to eliminate the wiggle. I'll try to post pics.

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER (Post 5725953)
Its too bad the wires don't have bullet connectors and aren't "removable"..... :rolleyes:

I prefer the hard wire set up personally. It's not in the pic, but there is a Deans' plug on it. As far as the onboard connectors go, check this out.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...res-deans.html

I've personally seen ppl have trouble from inboard connectors wearing out.

AE BT 04-24-2009 12:35 PM

saw this pack at rcx this year, looks very clean!

kufman 04-25-2009 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER (Post 5725953)

I have personally found that the 4mm bullets are junk. They come on the many brushless setups and in the case of the original Mamba Max, they were the primary source of problems. They can feel nice and tight when you put them together and still not make good contact since the springy part is not directly tied to the main conductor.

SpraydbySprague 04-25-2009 07:22 PM

Well well well. First time out with the Thunder Power saddle pack was AWESOME!!!
The power was great and consistent thru 2-1/2 rounds of qualifying without a single recharge. The 1/2 round was the first round, I went out early with a dislocated rear CV axle.
I only topped the pack off for the main. When I did put the pack on the charger, the voltage was still reading in the high 7 volt range!
With this kind of performance, I plan on just charging the pack every 2 rounds. I balance charged it at 1C, takes quite a while, but according to Thunder Power it will make the cells perform their best for a much longer lifespan.
The only problem I had with the pack was it's height. It's taller than the B44 battery posts. If it wasn't for the Factory Team thumbscrews being able to reach thru the holes on the battery straps, I would've needed to use cap head screws and washers to hold everything in place. I'll have to make some taller posts outta some aluminum stock. No big deal.
I was a skeptic at first on the LiPo technology. After today, I'm completely sold! This pack performed flawlessly. Tonight I posted my personal best at my local track with these new cells in the B44!!! :D

TeckLancer 06-18-2009 04:47 PM

where did u buy it