R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
I really disagree with this statement... I'm running Orion Vortex digital servos and they run awesome... The advantage is the precision.
What is the speed of your servo? The Digitals are faster and more percise, but my whole point was that they can draw "amps" when in a bind, that's the only thing I have against digital servos in electric cars. I'm sure the digital is nicer but the cordless is good enough

I've had problems with digitals in the past resetting my Spektrum Receiver even with a voltage "BEC" I may have a bug, but it would seem that it draws amps of power. I haven't checked it with an Ohm meter yet
Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87 View Post
What is the speed of your servo? The Digitals are faster and more percise, but my whole point was that they can draw "amps" when in a bind, that's the only thing I have against digital servos in electric cars. I'm sure the digital is nicer but the cordless is good enough

I've had problems with digitals in the past resetting my Spektrum Receiver even with a voltage "BEC" I may have a bug, but it would seem that it draws amps of power. I haven't checked it with an Ohm meter yet
All the info you need on the servos is right here:
http://www.teamorion.com/Products/Vortex+Digital+Servos
I run the 1007 in my 2wd and the 1409 in my truck and 4wd.

The issue with the amp draw with the spektrum receivers can be solved with this little guy
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1600

I only needed it running brushless and lipo - I actually didn't need the voltage protector running brushed and nimh.

Digital will always drive better. Remember - In R/C you generally get what you pay for...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Well many drivers that have digitals notice no difference with my HS-985MG
My Castle BEC is the same thing as you showed me I run 3S and Brushless motors. I use LiFE batteries instead of Lipo's. I have the regulator set to 6.9V higher than the spektrum which=4S where my setting is 5S which is more than the spektrum BEC Coreless motors can be smooth and precise, just a few hairs less than Digital. I always thought digitals were more critical with helicopters and 1/8 buggies/truggies. JR is a very good brand, been around for many years. Orion is the same quality I'm sure. In a 2wd vehicle like a slash the HS-985MG is ideal. It does what I do, so I assume it's good enough
I know your digital is better than mine but I have been pleased with this. I was just trying to point out that Digitals use more power from your battery than a high quality nondigital, which technically decreases your run time it would seem. I'm sure you would be please with it if you tried the servo im refereeing too

Last edited by xDaRReLLx87; 04-02-2009 at 09:10 PM.
xDaRReLLx87 is offline   Reply With Quote