R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went with a Hobby Wing 65A speed control and a 8.5T motor (4000KV) I've been RC'n for about 15years so for me it was really easy, just a lot of connections to solder. The setup was about $99, but the thing is it's direct from China. Hobby Wing is the same people that make the Speed Pasion ESC's it's just been relabeled by Speed Pasion. there's a tread in the onroad section about it.

here's the link http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ss-system.html

Don't be scared off by the system until you read the whole thing. People were burning up their motors because they had the wrong motor in a heavy/larger car.

Jay
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can you get it as a kit with the esc and motor or do you have to get them seperatly?
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought the motor/esc/battery by them selves. There are a ton of motor/esc combos out there that fit the slash, and just about every other 1/10th scale RC car.

Trust me, if your a newb the stock Slash will be a chalange to drive. If you find yourself getting bored... you can go out and buy a good BRUSHED motor and throw it right in and it will work with everything that comes stock in the Slash

Jay
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
what factors make the slash more fun to drive? Does anybody prefer the rustler vxl over the slash?
the rustler, IMO is an ill handling basher. The Slash slides thru corners, and likes to be fainest. I have raced team associated trucks and buggies for a few years now,and truck to truck, the rustler doesn't compare. I bought one to have as a rental at the track I run a couple of years ago. I bought the slash this year for that very reason and I'm having a blast racing it!(before my outdoor track opens for the season) To add a brushless system to one IMO takes away the whole reason you get one. Again,IMO you race one as a spec,to try setup and driving ability as your tools to win! I'm sure if your just bashing either vehicle will be fine.
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help guys, I think you all have made my mind up for me to get the slash. It sure helps to have some experienced rc'ers speaking from experience with the various models. I hung out at the local dirt oval for a few weekends and tried to soak up some information when I decided to get into rc . It was like pulling teeth to get most people to give me some advice, like I was bothering them or something. Then I found this forum and although I havent been to any off road tracks yet, I dont even consider oval anymore. Maybe it was just that certain group, but it left me with a bad taste for that place.
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote