R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Shocks on a T4 Truck?

Hello, I am new to the game, but I just picked up a ZX-5 Kyosho 4 wheel electric buggy. I was immediately noticing the shocks and how amazingly smooth they were.

So I got to thinking, and looked around the forum - I found a thread but there was not much reply and didnt seam too accurate with the info on how to.

Is there a way to add Kyosho shocks to a Associated T4 Truck? I assume you would have to find the rears from a RB5 since they dont make a truck yet - I understand it will be out in May - per some of the team drivers from the Cactus this year.

Anyway is it as easy as getting the shocks and space them correctly? Or am I dreaming and I need to wait for the RT5?
Cars since Feb 09: XRAY 808 (3) CRC (2) Bolink Legends (1) RC10L4 (1) TC5 (2) Losi 8ight 1.0 (4) 2.0 (3) XXXCR (5) XXXTCR (6) RB5 (4) ZX5 FS (6) B4 (4) B44 (7) T4 (3) RC8 (4) 125R (1) Futaba 3PKS (5) Airtronics M11 (3) Futaba 4pk (1) KO EX10 (2) JR Z-1 (1) Sponsor: My Wife thank God she has a good job.
hemi4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I would wate for the RT5, I my self is thinking of the same thing but put them on my b4. I might do the same as the t4 also.
porkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Hi there,

I saw your Lazer FS that you acquired. That's a sweet car. I'd race that if I were you.

I have a B4, and an RB5 roller that I secured for a good deal. When my B4 shock body blew out, and was sount out to be replaced, I used the Kyosho shocks on the Associated buggy. It worked so well, I started winning races with it. I like the shocks so much, that I'm converting to Kyosho cars, and won't have to worry about converting anything.

You would need to wait for the Kyosho truck to come out, to use those shocks on your T4. I full set of shocks is half the price of a whole kit though, so I'd just wait a bit for that truck to be released.
f00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00fy View Post
Hi there,

I saw your Lazer FS that you acquired. That's a sweet car. I'd race that if I were you.

I have a B4, and an RB5 roller that I secured for a good deal. When my B4 shock body blew out, and was sount out to be replaced, I used the Kyosho shocks on the Associated buggy. It worked so well, I started winning races with it. I like the shocks so much, that I'm converting to Kyosho cars, and won't have to worry about converting anything.

You would need to wait for the Kyosho truck to come out, to use those shocks on your T4. I full set of shocks is half the price of a whole kit though, so I'd just wait a bit for that truck to be released.
Thank you, that makes total sense. I dont even have a truck right now, so I would be buying a T4 just to put the $100 shocks on it...

I guess the other option is buy the RB5 but I drive like crap being new and the buggy I think would be hard to race ...

Maybe when I become better I will go from the truck to the buggy.

I Talked to some Kyosho guys today, they seem to think there are still bugs that need to be worked out on the truck and They think it will be closer to May before its out...
Cars since Feb 09: XRAY 808 (3) CRC (2) Bolink Legends (1) RC10L4 (1) TC5 (2) Losi 8ight 1.0 (4) 2.0 (3) XXXCR (5) XXXTCR (6) RB5 (4) ZX5 FS (6) B4 (4) B44 (7) T4 (3) RC8 (4) 125R (1) Futaba 3PKS (5) Airtronics M11 (3) Futaba 4pk (1) KO EX10 (2) JR Z-1 (1) Sponsor: My Wife thank God she has a good job.
hemi4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00fy View Post
Hi there,

How did you mod it? I want to convert to kyosho shocks.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkey View Post
I think the fronts are about the same, and then the rear shock is about the same with the older shocks (the ones that came stock on the RB5, not the new shorter style ones).

I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I didn't modify a single thing, they just bolted right on. These are the longer Kyosho shocks, not the fancy new short ones.

I really like that they gave me some additional droop, and are so much smoother than the FT shocks. The best part is that the oil doesn't get dirty after a single day at the track.
f00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #8
Tech Master

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
I think the fronts are about the same, and then the rear shock is about the same with the older shocks (the ones that came stock on the RB5, not the new shorter style ones).

I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them
If you take your shocks off your RB5 you should sell them to me. I'll buy them if you don't want them.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you must have crystle ball cause that's what i was planing on doing when the k-truck comes out . i am a die hard ae guy but i think they could improve there shocks after about , well i don't how long but they have had the same shock design for along time now .. can't wait to try some k-shocks on my t4 !!!
BAYCITYSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
If you take your shocks off your RB5 you should sell them to me. I'll buy them if you don't want them.
I don't know what you are on, but why would I sell them to you if they will be put back onto my RB5.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:
I don't know what you are on, but why would I sell them to you if they will be put back onto my RB5.
Because you said your going to take the shocks off your bj4 and put them on your RB5.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I love Kyosho shocks.

Also Kyosho cars are good. I have raced all thre buggys and my order would be.....

Kyosho
Associated
Losi

Top two are give and take.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Quote:
Because you said your going to take the shocks off your bj4 and put them on your RB5.
I never said that. lol You had it backwards.

I said this "I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them"

Or to make it simple, I want to try the kyosho shocks on my bj4 (maybe).

Old 03-13-2009, 04:38 AM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
I never said that. lol You had it backwards.

I said this "I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them"

Or to make it simple, I want to try the kyosho shocks on my bj4 (maybe).
Oh ok.