R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Kyosho Shocks on a T4 Truck? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/281874-kyosho-shocks-t4-truck.html)

hemi4me 03-10-2009 05:06 PM

Kyosho Shocks on a T4 Truck?

Hello, I am new to the game, but I just picked up a ZX-5 Kyosho 4 wheel electric buggy. I was immediately noticing the shocks and how amazingly smooth they were.

So I got to thinking, and looked around the forum - I found a thread but there was not much reply and didnt seam too accurate with the info on how to.

Is there a way to add Kyosho shocks to a Associated T4 Truck? I assume you would have to find the rears from a RB5 since they dont make a truck yet - I understand it will be out in May - per some of the team drivers from the Cactus this year.

Anyway is it as easy as getting the shocks and space them correctly? Or am I dreaming and I need to wait for the RT5?

porkey 03-10-2009 06:16 PM

I would wate for the RT5, I my self is thinking of the same thing but put them on my b4. I might do the same as the t4 also.

f00fy 03-10-2009 07:39 PM

Hi there,

I saw your Lazer FS that you acquired. That's a sweet car. I'd race that if I were you.

I have a B4, and an RB5 roller that I secured for a good deal. When my B4 shock body blew out, and was sount out to be replaced, I used the Kyosho shocks on the Associated buggy. It worked so well, I started winning races with it. I like the shocks so much, that I'm converting to Kyosho cars, and won't have to worry about converting anything.

You would need to wait for the Kyosho truck to come out, to use those shocks on your T4. I full set of shocks is half the price of a whole kit though, so I'd just wait a bit for that truck to be released.

hemi4me 03-10-2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by f00fy (Post 5536400)
Hi there,

I saw your Lazer FS that you acquired. That's a sweet car. I'd race that if I were you.

I have a B4, and an RB5 roller that I secured for a good deal. When my B4 shock body blew out, and was sount out to be replaced, I used the Kyosho shocks on the Associated buggy. It worked so well, I started winning races with it. I like the shocks so much, that I'm converting to Kyosho cars, and won't have to worry about converting anything.

You would need to wait for the Kyosho truck to come out, to use those shocks on your T4. I full set of shocks is half the price of a whole kit though, so I'd just wait a bit for that truck to be released.

Thank you, that makes total sense. I dont even have a truck right now, so I would be buying a T4 just to put the $100 shocks on it...

I guess the other option is buy the RB5 but I drive like crap being new and the buggy I think would be hard to race ...

Maybe when I become better I will go from the truck to the buggy.

I Talked to some Kyosho guys today, they seem to think there are still bugs that need to be worked out on the truck and They think it will be closer to May before its out...

porkey 03-11-2009 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by f00fy (Post 5536400)
Hi there,

How did you mod it? I want to convert to kyosho shocks.

carbon madness 03-11-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by porkey (Post 5538210)

I think the fronts are about the same, and then the rear shock is about the same with the older shocks (the ones that came stock on the RB5, not the new shorter style ones).

I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them :lol:

f00fy 03-12-2009 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by porkey (Post 5538210)

I didn't modify a single thing, they just bolted right on. These are the longer Kyosho shocks, not the fancy new short ones.

I really like that they gave me some additional droop, and are so much smoother than the FT shocks. The best part is that the oil doesn't get dirty after a single day at the track.

porkey 03-12-2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by carbon madness (Post 5538600)
I think the fronts are about the same, and then the rear shock is about the same with the older shocks (the ones that came stock on the RB5, not the new shorter style ones).

I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them :lol:

If you take your shocks off your RB5 you should sell them to me. I'll buy them if you don't want them.

BAYCITYSTEVE 03-12-2009 07:34 AM

you must have crystle ball cause that's what i was planing on doing when the k-truck comes out . i am a die hard ae guy but i think they could improve there shocks after about , well i don't how long but they have had the same shock design for along time now .. can't wait to try some k-shocks on my t4 !!!

carbon madness 03-12-2009 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by porkey (Post 5542768)
If you take your shocks off your RB5 you should sell them to me. I'll buy them if you don't want them.

I don't know what you are on, but why would I sell them to you if they will be put back onto my RB5. :weird: :lol::lol:

porkey 03-12-2009 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by carbon madness (Post 5544376)
I don't know what you are on, but why would I sell them to you if they will be put back onto my RB5. :weird: :lol::lol:

Because you said your going to take the shocks off your bj4 and put them on your RB5.

Jason Pelletier 03-12-2009 06:53 PM

I love Kyosho shocks.

Also Kyosho cars are good. I have raced all thre buggys and my order would be.....

Kyosho
Associated
Losi

Top two are give and take.:nod:

carbon madness 03-12-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by porkey (Post 5545326)
Because you said your going to take the shocks off your bj4 and put them on your RB5.

I never said that. lol You had it backwards. ;)

I said this "I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them"

Or to make it simple, I want to try the kyosho shocks on my bj4 (maybe).

porkey 03-13-2009 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by carbon madness (Post 5545592)
I never said that. lol You had it backwards. ;)

I said this "I might have to take off my kyosho shocks on my rb5, and see what my bj4 worlds (it uses b4 shocks) would be like with them"

Or to make it simple, I want to try the kyosho shocks on my bj4 (maybe).

Oh ok.