Mamba Max Pro

Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
Not to be argumentative BUT your glitching issues were probably NOT with the Spektrum radio as much as they were with a voltage drop due to high servo draw. The external BEC evens out the voltage to the servo/speed control/receiver/personal transponder. It would have glitched with ANY radio and receiver in all probability.
Agreed....
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

What castle link settings are you guys running in your 1/8th buggies. Is there anything in your testing you found works good? I have a VE8 and I havent had a chance to run it but I have it set to 60% brake, 30% drag brake, 40% punch control. I left the throttle curve stock and I have it set to sensored mode.
Is there anything I could tweak for better performance. Is there a database with peoples settings online anywhere?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djtroy
What castle link settings are you guys running in your 1/8th buggies. Is there anything in your testing you found works good? I have a VE8 and I havent had a chance to run it but I have it set to 60% brake, 30% drag brake, 40% punch control. I left the throttle curve stock and I have it set to sensored mode.
Is there anything I could tweak for better performance. Is there a database with peoples settings online anywhere?
Run it in Smart Sense, most efficient. I wouldn't bother with drag brake or punch control. The punch control is your finger.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
...The external BEC evens out the voltage to the servo/speed control/receiver/personal transponder....
A BEC really just separates your esc/motor from your electronics to prevent brown-outs (heavy amp draw conditions).

The BEC circuit manages your electronic voltage (rx, servos, transponder) while the ESC manages your motor's voltage. Your external BEC usually runs at a much lower voltage than your esc/motor.

Typically this is done with bec circuits that are built into most ESC's, so people don't quite understand what a BEC really does. It just splits a single source (battery) into two different, dedicated circuits.

*I'm still not positive why its called a Battery Elimination Circuit but whatever
Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

trying to help out a friend. He picked up a used slash 4x4 roller. He wants a really good solid setup and wants to run 2s, and he already owns a mm pro. Its a open class, so whats a good motor and gearing starting point. He is a racer and will not be bashing at all.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by makaluch

*I'm still not positive why its called a Battery Elimination Circuit but whatever
Because it eliminates the need for a separate receiver "battery" pack.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbowop
Yeah, back in the day we used to run AA's for the servos and receiver and the main batter powered the motor. Then the BEC ran everything off one battery. Now with the high current draw of our electronics, some BEC's just can't cut it so a separate BEC are necessary to keep from glitching or browning out.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am thinking about picking up an cc 1800kv buggy motor and I plan on running it on 4s. I know some of you guys are running this setup but is seems that the total motor speed of 26,640rpm is a bit low, anything to be concerned about? I thought we wanted to shoot for the 30,000 to 35,000rpm range. if i gear my Ve8 to 22/50 i will have the speed i need but will i lose efficiency? any other draw backs to this set up?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default MMP/Novak Ballistic 17.5/HPI Blitz

Is anyone using a similar setup in their HPI Blitz? I'm just shooting in the dark when it comes to the MMP setting for this combo. On a medium size track, I'm running 28/77 gearing. Where should I be at with the cheat mode settings and motor timing advance? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by redbarton
Is anyone using a similar setup in their HPI Blitz? I'm just shooting in the dark when it comes to the MMP setting for this combo. On a medium size track, I'm running 28/77 gearing. Where should I be at with the cheat mode settings and motor timing advance? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Anyone?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by turbowop
Exactly right...but we won't get into the history of rc devices I didn't want to confuse people.

Redbarton - have you posted this question in the HPI Blitz thread? You're more likely to get a model-specific answer there.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MMor101
Run it in Smart Sense, most efficient. I wouldn't bother with drag brake or punch control. The punch control is your finger.
Ill tell you the drag brake is what makes me go fast. As soon as I let off the gas the front end trail brakes and makes the tires hook up in the corners. I am not loosing much corner speed and the advantage of being in control is worth it IMO.
I will change it to smart sense though.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djtroy
Ill tell you the drag brake is what makes me go fast. As soon as I let off the gas the front end trail brakes and makes the tires hook up in the corners. I am not loosing much corner speed and the advantage of being in control is worth it IMO.
I will change it to smart sense though.

Thanks
I agree with you concernig drag brakes. Many electric racers run drag brake to load the front end when entering a corner, its much faster than trying to brake and get back on the throttle.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I ran my ve8 on 4s with a tekin 2050 on a small high bite track in 100 degree heat this last weekend and it was perfect. Another guy was running a tekin rx8 and he thermalled several times. He couldn't believe that I was running a 1/10 scale speed control!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
I ran my ve8 on 4s with a tekin 2050 on a small high bite track in 100 degree heat this last weekend and it was perfect. Another guy was running a tekin rx8 and he thermalled several times. He couldn't believe that I was running a 1/10 scale speed control!
Man, that setup is pulling some serious amps too! Have you tested without a fan yet? I'm just curious to see how the MMP holds up if a fan goes bad in the middle of a heat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.