Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is wrong with Ultimate hobbies???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default What is wrong with Ultimate hobbies???

I'm done venting

Last edited by JamesnMeyer; 07-22-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Bummer James, I would edit out your home addy though unless you want people to know :P
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

When 'stock status' says "on order" that means that company has it on order and is not "In Stock". Your item is then placed on back order until item is "in stock" then they will ship.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm coming over right now, can you have dinner ready James? I'm just kidding

I do feel you on the gripe with Ultimate Hobbies. They used to have a staff that was friendly and willing to help. Last time I was there couple weeks ago, there was a staff there (who shall remain nameless) that was just playing the "Great Planes" RC Simulator and when I asked where a certain item was, he replied "it's on the shelf over there" AFTER I stated that I COULD NOT FIND IT "OVER THERE" (sorry for yelling). He didn't want to put down his controller (hello? You're working aren't you? Jack-ass)... The other guy who finally did help me gave me an attitude that I, the customer, had to appease him and seemed like he didn't feel like it.

Ultimate Hobbies also hands off the item you requested to the person at the register (I suspect previous theft was the cause) so you're not even allowed to look at it with scrutiny (such as is it damaged? are there missing parts? is it defective?)...

The only redeeming they have is the fact that SOME items are lower in price then their competitors. But their attitude, ever since they moved to their new location it seems, have become "Hobby People"-like.

Don't even get me started on "Hobby People" and the jack-asses that works there...

I recommend Rob's R/C Hobbies in Garden Grove (www.robsrchobbies.com) and Hobby Warehouse in Lakewood (http://www.hobbywarehouse.us)

I went to Rob's a week ago, although their shop was small, their staff was friendly. Hobby Warehouse, I never had a problem with them.

If you can't find items at these two stores, I highly suggest my all-time favorite online hobby store, Tower Hobbies (www.towerhobbies.com). Although their prices might not be always the lowest, MOST of the stuff are usually cheaper. If you apply the "discount" codes off their main page, you'll end up cancelling out the shipping cost.

To not even give a courtesy call to your customers on order status after 8 days is unacceptable. I'm never going back to Ultimate Hobbies...

You can also try Gyro Hobbies at OC Raceway. I don't have their address, but their staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. Hell, stop by the store and stay for the track!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fabulous
When 'stock status' says "on order" that means that company has it on order and is not "In Stock". Your item is then placed on back order until item is "in stock" then they will ship.
Yea h i realize that but I didn't notice it and only asked why and got a big attitude. Instead of just saying hay it's on back order what do you want to do. They come out swinging with why I didn't notice the " On Order status in the confirmation email. I simply replied that it showed in stock and that they state they will call you if it is on back order. Thats when this one was sent with the arrows pointing to the status. Gee thanks for the help. Here is the original email. Their policy as well on back orders.

"Orders placed will be shipped in a timely manner. If we are out of stock on a product, we will let you know by phone. All orders are shipped using Fedex only. Signature is required for shipments valued over $100. This is for your security."

Hello,

If you look at your order printout, under "Stock Status",
it reads, "On Order", which means its on order with the manufacture.
That is why you didn't receive any correspondence because it already
stated on your order that it was "On Order".

Thank you

> Hello,
>
> When will this ship? I have not heard by phone that it is out of stock and
> have not received it.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> James
Old 07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_King
Bummer James, I would edit out your home addy though unless you want people to know :P
Thanks and fixed.

The attitude I got is what is irritating me. They have this we are not wrong you are attitude and I just asked. They could have handled it better considering I was being polite and asking a question that I wasn't sure on.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer
Thanks and fixed.

The attitude I got is what is irritating me. They have this we are not wrong you are attitude and I just asked. They could have handled it better considering I was being polite and asking a question that I wasn't sure on.
I think you forgot the shipping info also :P
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

I buy most items from Speedtechrc.com or pegasus. Speedtech didnt have them in stock and ultimate did so I ordered it hoping to have it in a few days. Because I asked and stated I was expecting a call they canceled my order. Gee that hurt! Now I can spend my money elsewhere. Never again will I buy from them! Ever!

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I'm coming over right now, can you have dinner ready James? I'm just kidding

I do feel you on the gripe with Ultimate Hobbies. They used to have a staff that was friendly and willing to help. Last time I was there couple weeks ago, there was a staff there (who shall remain nameless) that was just playing the "Great Planes" RC Simulator and when I asked where a certain item was, he replied "it's on the shelf over there" AFTER I stated that I COULD NOT FIND IT "OVER THERE" (sorry for yelling). He didn't want to put down his controller (hello? You're working aren't you? Jack-ass)... The other guy who finally did help me gave me an attitude that I, the customer, had to appease him and seemed like he didn't feel like it.

Ultimate Hobbies also hands off the item you requested to the person at the register (I suspect previous theft was the cause) so you're not even allowed to look at it with scrutiny (such as is it damaged? are there missing parts? is it defective?)...

The only redeeming they have is the fact that SOME items are lower in price then their competitors. But their attitude, ever since they moved to their new location it seems, have become "Hobby People"-like.

Don't even get me started on "Hobby People" and the jack-asses that works there...

I recommend Rob's R/C Hobbies in Garden Grove (www.robsrchobbies.com) and Hobby Warehouse in Lakewood (http://www.hobbywarehouse.us)

I went to Rob's a week ago, although their shop was small, their staff was friendly. Hobby Warehouse, I never had a problem with them.

If you can't find items at these two stores, I highly suggest my all-time favorite online hobby store, Tower Hobbies (www.towerhobbies.com). Although their prices might not be always the lowest, MOST of the stuff are usually cheaper. If you apply the "discount" codes off their main page, you'll end up cancelling out the shipping cost.

To not even give a courtesy call to your customers on order status after 8 days is unacceptable. I'm never going back to Ultimate Hobbies...

You can also try Gyro Hobbies at OC Raceway. I don't have their address, but their staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. Hell, stop by the store and stay for the track!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to check out their site (speedtech)...

Oh, for Tamiyas (Since Ultimate seems to specialize in them, seeing as how the owner is a Japanese American I believe), Stella Models seems to have the best prices for them. Although some other Hong Kong-based stores sometimes have better prices (like etamiya.com)

Is Stella Models a reputable store?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

OOOOOOh... speedtechrc in Walnut. They are importers I believe. I just noticed they were already in my bookmark. They are neat, they import from Japanese manufacturers such as Xenon...

Do they have a store front? Or are they an online-only store?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Sppedtech really is a great place to shop. Jeff is pretty cool and will order almost anything for you and is able to get it in days not weeks.

I'm going to check out their site (speedtech)...

Oh, for Tamiyas (Since Ultimate seems to specialize in them, seeing as how the owner is a Japanese American I believe), Stella Models seems to have the best prices for them. Although some other Hong Kong-based stores sometimes have better prices (like etamiya.com)

Is Stella Models a reputable store?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

OOOOOOh... speedtechrc in Walnut. They are importers I believe. I just noticed they were already in my bookmark. They are neat, they import from Japanese manufacturers such as Xenon...

Do they have a store front? Or are they an online-only store?
He has both a store front and online. The store moved though to San Gabriel and Jeff now owns it. Still a great store were you can get the import stuff. It's also one of the best places to get our Kyosho parts as well.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I was visiting Socal and stopped by Speedtech RC. They have an actual brick and mortar store as well as an online store. I bought some hard-to-get Kyosho ZX-5 SP parts that no other hobby shop in Socal seemed to carry. I tried Hobby People and other hobby shops but no Kyosho parts.

Jeff is a cool guy and he was very helpful and answered all my questions. I'll be buying more parts over there.

Stormerhobbies.com is also another online shop I use. I get my orders and shipping is relatively low. The past two orders that included $200 worth of parts and two Orion Lipo packs came out to $6.95 No tax.

I have had a good experience with RCBoyz on eBay for my one and only order and their prices are low. They also send you a coupon with the packing receipt, like 10% off your next purchase etc.

You can't go wrong with Tower Hobbies, they ship fast and have had good results so far. I use them for Associated parts. The prices aren't always the least expensive but they seem to have alot of items in stock.

I've been wanting to order from Stella Models and Dinball from eBay because of their low prices and they carry all the hard to get Japanese RC stuff for Kyosho and Tamiya; no buyer experiences to share though.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

nothing's wrong with them, I've bought from them multiple times

price and service are both factors in where you should shop

if the price is good enough, the service doesn't have to be as good (although I've had zero issues with ultimate, they ship to me FAST!)
Old 07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I believe most of us have a minimum expectation of service after consideration of price and availability. That minimum threshold is different in all of us...

I used to like Ultimate a lot, they were the only game in town that carried Academy stuff, but a snooty attitude just makes me look elsewhere since I got off the the Academy bus...

The owner and his family that runs the store aren't too bad, but some of the employees they hire has an attitude problem. But you gotta wonder how they got hired in the first place... Perhaps they floated over from Hobby People

Nothing beats Hobby People in the snooty department however...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.