Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8Te Thread >

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Will AE ever release a Factory Team RC8TE? I'm wanting a brushless rc8t but don't want to deal with buying a new nitro one and then buying the conversion. I would like an electric setup out of the box.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Will AE ever release a Factory Team RC8TE? I'm wanting a brushless rc8t but don't want to deal with buying a new nitro one and then buying the conversion. I would like an electric setup out of the box.
It would be nice if they did... but not likely. I bought my 8Te used (like my 8B) and put on it what i wanted. As a matter of fact i think the only options i added were the aluminum big bores, AE CF shock towers, the awesome A,B,C,D plates, and the AL tube center braces. The rest was just replacing what was worn. Im not big on bling, im a function>form kinda guy.

Regardless tho... i got mine with an RX8 and the 2000kv T8 motor for $400. The buggy was a better deal with the MMM and 2200kv for $200... but it needs a lot more work than the truggy did.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Pic time. Im excited to try these...

Old 04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

General overview. Its still dirty from Saturdays laps...

Rear shock position...

Front shock position...

It looks like we might get rained out this weekend... but just in case... ill be adding the shorter hubs, and bronze springs to the current setup. Im also going to a smaller spur/up on pinion, and dropping timing on the motor. Hopefully i can drop some operating temp and still maintain throttle feel...
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DaveW
General overview. Its still dirty from Saturdays laps...

Rear shock position...

Front shock position...

It looks like we might get rained out this weekend... but just in case... ill be adding the shorter hubs, and bronze springs to the current setup. Im also going to a smaller spur/up on pinion, and dropping timing on the motor. Hopefully i can drop some operating temp and still maintain throttle feel...

Thanks for the pics man ! Man you have a small amount of rear shock preload your ride height must be low and the front end also. Does your track have big double jumps ? I know my preload on the rear shocks is more with the arms/axles leveled my my front shocks have a little less preload with the arms above level a bit. But i know you run heavyer shock oil than me so you can get away with lower ride height.

I notice you have the factory RC8T i have the RC8TCE Ed. With a Tekno v4 chassis and plastic chassis braces but im looking at getting some alum ones the chassis seems to flex more than the nitro RC8T chassis. Im going to try the same supension setup you have in the pic.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Pic time. Im excited to try these...

You will like the Narrow hubs on this truck it makes it feel like a Buggy kind of not like a typical Truggy handling.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
You will like the Narrow hubs on this truck it makes it feel like a Buggy kind of not like a typical Truggy handling.
Thats what i was hoping for... i wanna get rid of a little bit of the 'truck' feel.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Man you have a small amount of rear shock preload your ride height must be low and the front end also. Does your track have big double jumps ? I know my preload on the rear shocks is more with the arms/axles leveled my my front shocks have a little less preload with the arms above level a bit. But i know you run heavyer shock oil than me so you can get away with lower ride height.

I notice you have the factory RC8T i have the RC8TCE Ed. With a Tekno v4 chassis and plastic chassis braces but im looking at getting some alum ones the chassis seems to flex more than the nitro RC8T chassis. Im going to try the same supension setup you have in the pic.
My shock preload will be less mostly because of the inner position on the arm. So ill have less preload and less droop (if measured via shock length anyways) than a setup using the outer positions on the arm.

My rideheight was 37mm front and 42mm rear... but i raised the rear a touch so its prolly closer to 43mm now. It feels decent with the swaybars im using.

We dont really have 'big' jumps... at least not by my definition. We have a quad or double-double (its faster to dub-dub it), and trip-singling it is askin for trouble. We also run counterclockwise... not the greatest pic...

One from this morning checking out how much damage the rain did. For this shot, im standing where the white truck is in the pic above...

This is typically what the surface looks like... when the sun goes down the moisture comes up and it gets NICEE...

My 8T had the black stamped steel hingepin mounts and shock towers, the plastic center braces, and the plastic steering plate with plastic shocks. I added everything you see there. Im not much on bling. Just whats durable and functional. I had to have the carbon towers tho... reminds me of the old B2/T2 days.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Thats what i was hoping for... i wanna get rid of a little bit of the 'truck' feel.

My shock preload will be less mostly because of the inner position on the arm. So ill have less preload and less droop (if measured via shock length anyways) than a setup using the outer positions on the arm.

My rideheight was 37mm front and 42mm rear... but i raised the rear a touch so its prolly closer to 43mm now. It feels decent with the swaybars im using.

We dont really have 'big' jumps... at least not by my definition. We have a quad or double-double (its faster to dub-dub it), and trip-singling it is askin for trouble. We also run counterclockwise... not the greatest pic...

One from this morning checking out how much damage the rain did. For this shot, im standing where the white truck is in the pic above...

This is typically what the surface looks like... when the sun goes down the moisture comes up and it gets NICEE...

My 8T had the black stamped steel hingepin mounts and shock towers, the plastic center braces, and the plastic steering plate with plastic shocks. I added everything you see there. Im not much on bling. Just whats durable and functional. I had to have the carbon towers tho... reminds me of the old B2/T2 days.

Oh i see yea the jumps at the outdoor track i go to has bigger doubles than yours. Im going to try the setup you have in the pics but with the bronze front spring during a practice and see how i like it. Im really thinking about ditching the Alum shock towers and getting the Carbon towers to lose some weight for one my is a tank lol. The only thing i dont like is the lack of camber holes on the front Carbon tower.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

tc5 man hey were can i get RC8T Truggy Carbon Fiber front and Rear Shock Tower and top one as well and do i need any think easl for that spur one do i need anythin easl can i just put it on
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

dave w - pm sent
Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zangetsu
tc5 man hey were can i get RC8T Truggy Carbon Fiber front and Rear Shock Tower and top one as well and do i need any think easl for that spur one do i need anythin easl can i just put it on
You can get the Carbon towers anywhere the good thing is theres aftermarket Carbon towers that are cheaper. But you do have to use CA glue on the sides of the tower to prevent them from tearing apart.

The 2nd question i dint quite understand you ?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Suspended

The spur gear I just unscrew it then replace it with a plastic one screw back on again is that right
Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zangetsu
The spur gear I just unscrew it then replace it with a plastic one screw back on again is that right

Oh ok yup thats all you do but if theres some rough edges on the inside of the spur gear lightly sand it and make sure to tighten the diff screws in a X" pattern and dont over tighten them !
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Whats your favorite body for the rc8t? I need a new one bad....
Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Suspended

Hey guys I am thinking going back to the normale rc8t ce Chassie and buy the new motor mount which they brought out with 8.2e I just don't like how closed pinion and spur sit too the esc and start lighting it up that way what yours guys think have yours try lighten the Chassie by piss off the Tekno v4 kit going back to normale try lighting that way

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.