Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8Te Thread >

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea il start out with a 14t first than a 15t and check to the temps on the motor i know it will likely run hotter with a smaller spur gear.

the 2200kv motor is a torquey bastard lol thats why i want to see if the 48t spur will tame the wind up that the motor has running a 4 cell lipo not two 2s lipos just one 4s lipo.
I agree with running 1 4S lipo...it's a bit lighter and more simple to manage for wiring and when charging. I am using single 6S packs myself...and I like it very much so far. Because I am using PowerPole Connectors, I can switch to using a 2 X 3S Lipo or 1 X 6S Lipo configurations any time I want....

Good luck, you will have fun ! that 2200 motor it's great! Lots of power and runs efficiently -- if you have a cooling fan, would even be better , at least 10 - 20 degrees cooler.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea il start out with a 14t first, than a 15t and check to the temps on the motor i know it will likely run hotter with a smaller spur gear.

the "2200kv" motor is a torquey bastard lol thats why i want to see if the 48t spur will tame the wind up that the motor has running a 4 cell lipo not two 2s lipos just one 4s lipo.

dam you run a 6 cell
The 4 cell lipo is fast enough .
Jason ran a 50T/15T with a 2000KV on 4S at the nationals in Omaha with no issues.

When he club races against Nitros we switch to a 5S and turn the EPA to 80% and get about 20 minutes run time.

Keith.

Last edited by kghills; 09-18-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Remembered that I uped the pinion for bigger track
Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know the list of parts that you need to make a RC8Be kit fully up to date. I don't really know anything about the rc8 but seem like i've heard there are some upgrades you should throw on there. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kghills
Jason ran a 50T/14T with a 2000KV on 4S at the nationals in Omaha with no issues.

When he club races against Nitros we switch to a 5S and turn the EPA to 80% and get about 20 minutes run time.

Keith.

oh yea i did set my throttle epa to less than a 100% around 90s % to 80% to around 70s % if it feels to fast on the straightaways . What i was talking about was the quick winding up on the motor with the "50t spur" but maybe i just need to keep on running it to get used to it. Because i do think the 50t spur is made for the truggys not the 48t spur which is usually ran on buggys it seems.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bacchus
Does anyone know the list of parts that you need to make a RC8Be kit fully up to date. I don't really know anything about the rc8 but seem like i've heard there are some upgrades you should throw on there. Thanks in advance.

well i bought my rc8tce with has all the upgrades included the aluminium shock towers , the blue aluminuim supension blocks with the tuning inserts so you can tune with ease. I cant really think of the other things somebody else might chim in on here to say if there is any other upgrades to make it up to date.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Default Pinion question

Using the factory motor mount, what's the smallest pinion you can use on the tekin truggy can before the side of the motor hits the rear brace???, I had a look last night on mine and it's close, I'm running a 1350 kv with a 19.

Cheers Justin
Old 09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Using the factory motor mount, what's the smallest pinion you can use on the tekin truggy can before the side of the motor hits the rear brace???, I had a look last night on mine and it's close, I'm running a 1350 kv with a 19.

Cheers Justin

My guess whould be a 18 or 17t pinion.

I dont run a tekin motor but i would try that i think a 16t whould be undergeared.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone compared the performance difference between the carbon tower and the aluminum one?, is there a basic advantage or is it basically looks!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I will officially have my RC8TE in my hands later today. Picked up an 8E and 8TE from a seller on here.

I've been reading through this thread and it looks like I have a grasp on most of the proper setup info.

Couple of ?s though,

-What RC8TE versions are the AE FT guys running? I know there are still 8th scale elec. events, and in the AE site, I haven't seen anything posted except for one in the RC8BE FT.

-Are the RC8T and RC8TE parts compatible, seems like the numbers match for just about everything and likewise with the RC8BE FT?

-Is there a revised RC8BE motor mount?

-Does anyone run mechanical brakes combined with the esc brakes? Is there an advantage?

-I have looked but can't seem to find the 50T Spur gear in metal, does one exist or just stick with plastic? 14t - 16t should be all I need for gearing?

-Is running the 5k diff oil in all 3 the way to go and how often are people changing the fluid? Which Diff is most critical to handling?

-IS there a sealed radio box, or can one be adapted?

-Plan on using Either a Hitec HS965mg, or an HS645MG thoughts?

I'll know more once I actually see the truck. Its waiting at a friends house for me, and I plan to try and get my electronics installed tomorrow.

MOmo
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MOmo
So I will officially have my RC8TE in my hands later today. Picked up an 8E and 8TE from a seller on here.

I've been reading through this thread and it looks like I have a grasp on most of the proper setup info.

Couple of ?s though,

-What RC8TE versions are the AE FT guys running? I know there are still 8th scale elec. events, and in the AE site, I haven't seen anything posted except for one in the RC8BE FT.

-Are the RC8T and RC8TE parts compatible, seems like the numbers match for just about everything and likewise with the RC8BE FT?

-Is there a revised RC8BE motor mount?

-Does anyone run mechanical brakes combined with the esc brakes? Is there an advantage?

-I have looked but can't seem to find the 50T Spur gear in metal, does one exist or just stick with plastic? 14t - 16t should be all I need for gearing?

-Is running the 5k diff oil in all 3 the way to go and how often are people changing the fluid? Which Diff is most critical to handling?

-IS there a sealed radio box, or can one be adapted?

-Plan on using Either a Hitec HS965mg, or an HS645MG thoughts?

I'll know more once I actually see the truck. Its waiting at a friends house for me, and I plan to try and get my electronics installed tomorrow.

MOmo

1. I think the associated factory guys run the rc8tce now as nitro and electric likely.

2. Yes all the rc8t parts fit to each of the rc8t series.

3. not sure about that one i just use the stock motor mount that comes with the rc8/rc8t conversion kit.

4. I dont run mechinal brakes just a straightline drivetrain i dont run it because its just something extra that could fail. I have heard it does keep the motor/esc run cooler but i just roll off the throttle into turns insend of using the brakes . I dont run the tecko conversion kit so i cant use it anyways.

5. I run a plastic 50t spur gear with no issues it really lightens the truck and drivetrain. With the 50t spur use a 14 to 16t pinion.

6. On the diffs you want to use 7k F, 10K C, 5K or 3k in the rear diff. I used 7,7,5 and i dont remmend using 7k in the center if the track surface is pretty grippy because i melted my center diff and the rear diff oil . Although 7k in the center does work good on a loose slick track for sure.

7. No the rx box is not sealed just held my body clips.

8. For the steering servo i been running the hitec 7954sh for a while with great luck.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Has anybody tried these hinge pins for the rc8te there MC2 tapered hinge pins.
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default rc8te mods

anybody using or doing any mods from new rc8.2 buggy?
how do tapered pistons work on truggy?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Default rc8t hop ups

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive never tried out the tapered shock pistons im wondering that also i guess give them a try. The alum steering post and the rc8.2 wing mount fit the truggy with the CE towers.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Default rc8te CE

i think my truggy came with the aluminum steering post
Ive never tried out the tapered shock pistons im wondering that also i guess give them a try. The alum steering post and the rc8.2 wing mount fit the truggy with the CE towers.[/QUOTE]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.