Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8Te Thread >

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM
  #331  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

anybody know ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
  #332  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im using (7,10,5 )diff setup on my rc8te and was wondering if i could use used "7k in the center whould it make it roll more when i let of the throttle going into a turn ?

Because with the 10k maybe im just letting off the throttle to much but it feels like its stopping ? this is on a loamy soil thats tacky kind of dirt.

also i know i can use "3k in the rear to get my rear end to rotate more, But i tried that and dint like it what else can i change to get it to rotate more ?

just slow down more going into corners or use diffrent type of tire treads ?
I'm thinking you will need to use thinner diff fluid in loose conditions, like 5-7K. If it feels like it's "stopping" check to make sure you aren't using too much drag brake on your ESC. To get more rotation, I would switch to the narrow "CE" hubs all around. You could also go up one slot of the camber link on the shock tower.
blade329 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 04:57 PM
  #333  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by blade329
I'm thinking you will need to use thinner diff fluid in loose conditions, like 5-7K. If it feels like it's "stopping" check to make sure you aren't using too much drag brake on your ESC. To get more rotation, I would switch to the narrow "CE" hubs all around. You could also go up one slot of the camber link on the shock tower.

oh sorry i forgot to tell you its the "rc8t ce" with the narrow hubs. the track dint seem to loose really with the loomy dirt but hell il try out "7,7,5 and see how i like it . there was no drag brake i know that for sure i think i was just letting off the throttle to much in certain parts of the track.

i never messed with the camber links on the tower thanks for the tips.
im starting to think though the easyest thing to try is use 1 degree camber on the rear insend of 2- on the rear to free it up = more rotation.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
  #334  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
JBRacing47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salt Lake (Honolulu), Hawaii
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
oh sorry i forgot to tell you its the "rc8t ce" with the narrow hubs. the track dint seem to loose really with the loomy dirt but hell il try out "7,7,5 and see how i like it . there was no drag brake i know that for sure i think i was just letting off the throttle to much in certain parts of the track.

i never messed with the camber links on the tower thanks for the tips.
im starting to think though the easyest thing to try is use 1 degree camber on the rear insend of 2- on the rear to free it up = more rotation.
I'm surprised you don't like the 3K in the rear then. I went to 5K in the rear and it doesn't rotate as well and wants to accelerate straight on throttle went exiting the turn. I went back to the 3K in the rear and am getting the rotation I like while still being able to accelerate hard without losing the rear. Is your drivetrain free? Take out the pinion and you should be able rotate all tires and diffs freely. If it's free, your motor is causing the brake. The diffs should cause the truck to dip that dramatically when you get off throttle. Good luck setting it up.
JBRacing47 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:55 PM
  #335  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by JBRacing47
I'm surprised you don't like the 3K in the rear then. I went to 5K in the rear and it doesn't rotate as well and wants to accelerate straight on throttle went exiting the turn. I went back to the 3K in the rear and am getting the rotation I like while still being able to accelerate hard without losing the rear. Is your drivetrain free? Take out the pinion and you should be able rotate all tires and diffs freely. If it's free, your motor is causing the brake. The diffs should cause the truck to dip that dramatically when you get off throttle. Good luck setting it up.


well i used 7,10,3 when i ran this truck as a nitro, but maybe with the extra weight with the electric it wont be so bad maybe il give it a try is it still to loose though or rotate to fast even running that on the e conversion ? because boy was it when i ran it as a nitro.

yea i know what you mean the 5k in the rear does make this truck pull straight when you come out of the turns .

i checked the drivetrain the bearings are a tiny gritty maybe my rear center axle was gritty though. the drivetrain seems free still
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 PM
  #336  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
JBRacing47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salt Lake (Honolulu), Hawaii
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well i used 7,10,3 when i ran this truck as a nitro but maybe with the extra weight with the electric its not so bad maybe il give it a try is it still to loose though even running that on the e conversion ?

yea i know what you mean the 5k in the rear does make this truck pull straight when you come out of the turns .

i checked the drivetrain the bearings are little gritty maybe my rear center axle was gritty though. the drivetrain seems free still
Yeah I just noticed how much more weight the electric carries since I been only driving my nitro recently. But the setup works just as good. I use 2k in the rear on my nitro. Maybe check the bearings in the motor. That could cause some resistance.
JBRacing47 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM
  #337  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by JBRacing47
Yeah I just noticed how much more weight the electric carries since I been only driving my nitro recently. But the setup works just as good. I use 2k in the rear on my nitro. Maybe check the bearings in the motor. That could cause some resistance.

oh well the bearings are perfect on the motor ive only ran it for one weekend never got really hot . yea im pretty much using the same setup on this as when i ran as a nitro .

il be honest i think this truck handles a lot better as electric than the nitro.

thanks for the info i will try 7,10,3 again.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3fLEmhr6GcI

im the orange and green body rc8t .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
  #338  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
oh well the bearings are perfect on the motor ive only ran it for one weekend never got really hot . yea im pretty much using the same setup on this as when i ran as a nitro .

il be honest i think this truck handles a lot better as electric than the nitro.

thanks for the info i will try 7,10,3 again.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3fLEmhr6GcI

im the orange and green body rc8t .
You seem to get plenty of rotation. I would argue that the rear isn't planted enough causing you to loose traction.

The 10K in the middle can make the car feel slugish going into turns, but will accelerate out of turns very quickly. Since you can't adjust brake bias like you would on a nitro, going with higher center fluid will not allow the front wheels to unload as much as they would with lighter fluid. This would feel like a truck with too much front brake which causes car to push going into the turn.

The 3K in the rear will make the car rotate quickly, but the rear end won't feel as planted causing you to lose traction. The track in the video looks like it has a loose top layer. You will want the rear tires more planted. One thing that slows this truck down is having too much drift action because you can't get the rear tires planted.

Try 7,7,5. I run at Revelation Raceway which is extremely hardpacked with a loose top layer and I run 7,7,7 with AKA grid irons.
SEF is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 PM
  #339  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default



Picture of some RC8TE's! There's an E-truggy class at a track I race at, and every single one is an Associated!
T. Herwig is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
  #340  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by SEF
You seem to get plenty of rotation. I would argue that the rear isn't planted enough causing you to loose traction.

The 10K in the middle can make the car feel slugish going into turns, but will accelerate out of turns very quickly. Since you can't adjust brake bias like you would on a nitro, going with higher center fluid will not allow the front wheels to unload as much as they would with lighter fluid. This would feel like a truck with too much front brake which causes car to push going into the turn.

The 3K in the rear will make the car rotate quickly, but the rear end won't feel as planted causing you to lose traction. The track in the video looks like it has a loose top layer. You will want the rear tires more planted. One thing that slows this truck down is having too much drift action because you can't get the rear tires planted.

Try 7,7,5. I run at Revelation Raceway which is extremely hardpacked with a loose top layer and I run 7,7,7 with AKA grid irons.

ok well i dont know if i want to competly change all the diff oil setup, maybe just one like the center drop it down to 7k in the center and leave the 7k in the front and 5k in the rear ?

yea your right having "10k in the center" does seem like it if you let off to much it feels like its stop or something and yes it does tend to push a little bit when powering out of the corners.

but powers out of the turns like a rocket lol.

in the video i was running jconcepts crosshairs soft front and rear, than i went to crossbrade soft on the front and i-beams soft on the rear.

and did work better grip wise .

my question about the (aka gridirons) are do they load up with dirt? thats the problem i was having all say even the i-beams soft were loading up with dirt and the crosshairs also.

im am new to driving a 1/8 e anything by the way that was my first day.
i wasnt using any brake just in the air if i needed to.

but yea i will try 7,7,5 and see how i like it.

Last edited by tc5 man; 06-24-2011 at 07:46 PM.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM
  #341  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by T. Herwig


Picture of some RC8TE's! There's an E-truggy class at a track I race at, and every single one is an Associated!

lucky there needs to be enough e truggys at every track in pa !

yea thats something there all rc8te when do you ever see that
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 08:28 PM
  #342  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
ok well i dont know if i want to competly change all the diff oil setup, maybe just one like the center drop it down to 7k in the center and leave the 7k in the front and 5k in the rear ?

yea your right having "10k in the center" does seem like it if you let off to much it feels like its stop or something and yes it does tend to push a little bit when powering out of the corners.

but powers out of the turns like a rocket lol.

in the video i was running jconcepts crosshairs soft front and rear, than i went to crossbrade soft on the front and i-beams soft on the rear.

and did work better grip wise .

my question about the (aka gridirons) are do they load up with dirt? thats the problem i was having all say even the i-beams soft were loading up with dirt and the crosshairs also.

im am new to driving a 1/8 e anything by the way that was my first day.
i wasnt using any brake just in the air if i needed to.

but yea i will try 7,7,5 and see how i like it.

Gridirons can load up if there is wet dirt on top. Gridirons are really good if it is hard packed with a dry or slightly loamy top layer.
SEF is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 PM
  #343  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by SEF
Gridirons can load up if there is wet dirt on top. Gridirons are really good if it is hard packed with a dry or slightly loamy top layer.

ok yea when they watered the track down thats when, the tires loaded up when it was dry and loamy they dont load up. i think il stick with the tires i have now though .

does running 7,7,5 setup make the truck harder to drive ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 PM
  #344  
Suspended
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)
Default

What type of run time. U guys have have any of yours hit the 20k min mark
zenbonzakura is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 02:15 AM
  #345  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zenbonzakura
What type of run time. U guys have have any of yours hit the 20k min mark
I've done 30 minutes total run time before. I temped out at 160 after 30 minutes. The temp is a bit high, but still VERY reasonable for the vehicle it's in and still not out of the safe range. Now if I hit this temp after 10 minutes I'd be concerned. This was in practice but still I timed to see what it could really do. I recently had an A main with nitro truggies that was 25 minutes long. Sadly, I had a front driveshaft pop out in the front and take me out of the race. I checked the battery after and after 15 minutes of running, I only put in a mere 2650mah. on a large outdoor 1/8th scale track. This is on a 6S 1350kv 5000mah setup.
T. Herwig is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.