R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggs98 View Post
after reading this thread i decided to pop into xtreme as they are about 15 mins down the road. before any one asks i am a team driver for them so yes am biased towards xtreme. having spoken to lewis and yannina about this i was shown all correspondance between blacksheep and xtreme. i have also been shown the recipts showing postage of suspect parts on both ocassions. first off as expected xtreme have posted these parts twice, free of charge but with any postal service and the distances involved mistakes can happen as i have found out in the past when ordering from the states or japan. after speaking to lewis we decided that the best option would be to build a 3rd driveshaft (again free of charge) and i personally watched it get built, run in so silky smooth and posted along with the other parts that were required.

As a result of black sheeps complaint all driveshafts for kits are now going to come prebuilt and pre run in to avoid any further issues from this area so as a small company they do listen to their customers and resolve issues ASAP. it is known that driveshafts have a SLIGHT bind on initial build but on the 2 cars i have built for myself and countless cars for others including the EBOR 24 hour car it has always only been a slight bind and has dissapeared after2-3 laps on track or a short run in period.

I have to say that i totally dissagree with how you have posted this all on a public forum dispite xtreme doing everything they can in their power to help you but that is your choice. if this matter isnt resolved shortly then please feel free to pm me and i shall personally look into things again

Thanking you

Nathan Ralls, Team xtreme A driver
I think this is excellent of a company to try to remedy the situation....and prevent future issues.....
Old 03-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #62
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 View Post
... It is certainly no where near the best 4wd around--at least on real dirt
Of which kind of dirt are you talking, d16dcoe? Real dirt or Bluegroove?
I've never driven Bluegroove, actually.

In my humble opinion, the X11 08 is certainly a lot stronger then it's predecessors. (Recently, on an Offroad endurance for 24h, a mixed team (experienced and less experienced drivers) ran a stock X11-08 became 5th and had about the least broken parts of all participants, from which several were heavily modded, strengthened especially for this event).
(http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/team-mi...bor-24hr-race/)

And it also is difficult (but not impossible) for a "small" car to prove it's real value, as very often, the bigger companies have the best drivers under contract.
Mr Rheinard has won several Championships with the Tamiya 416, which prooves this is a great touring car ... but I bet ya, he might have won some of those competitions, also with another brand of car.

As said earlier, the X11-08 is definitely a better and stronger car then it's predecessors and the team is continuously working and improving on it.

I myself, am NOT an experienced racer, but on more then one occasion have I impressed local drivers who were amazed by the car's abilities (my older X10 and now my X11) when I let them test-drive it.
So I won't say it's the best car in the world ... but it's certainly a very fine car and capable of fine and fun things. And that's all I'm RC-driving for

Last edited by Low_E; 03-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Low_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_E View Post
Over here (Europe) during the winter, outdoor running is nearly impossible due to the bad weather conditions which offcourse affects the status of the tracks.
That's why, during winter, we continue to drive Offroad-cars .. on indoortracks.

The film you linked is off Worksop, where they, AFAIK, make artificial jumps and use carpet mixed with the slick gym-floor to make handling the car as difficult as possible, just to keep it challenging.

Sometimes, we also make indoor-tracks with artificial dirt .. as this one ...

or with artificial grass, as this one:

On which kind of Track do you drive during the winter-months, RB Five?

those tracks are clean i likey. betts needs to learn something from these guys. anyway we run a clay mix indoor. med traction (for dirt that it is) the only thing that runs on carpet are mini cars and some other indoor road cars. as for off road it is off road even if its indoors
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #64
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like a pretty interesting car, it's to bad you have had such a poor experience. Not to add to the negativity, but it seems the web site doesn't work, can't get past the intro page.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_E View Post
Over here (Europe) during the winter, outdoor running is nearly impossible due to the bad weather conditions which offcourse affects the status of the tracks.
That's why, during winter, we continue to drive Offroad-cars .. on indoortracks.

The film you linked is off Worksop, where they, AFAIK, make artificial jumps and use carpet mixed with the slick gym-floor to make handling the car as difficult as possible, just to keep it challenging.

Sometimes, we also make indoor-tracks with artificial dirt .. as this one ...

or with artificial grass, as this one:

On which kind of Track do you drive during the winter-months, RB Five?

This kind

Mostly dirt/clay mix.

in the winter i race on dirt at the following

RCE,MA
Motorama,PA
RCHR,CT
LIR, NY
Bumps and jumps,PA

Summer

pitstop, PA
Vineland, NJ

CRCRC in 2010 baby !!!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

RB FIVE- Yea from reading and doing NO research I would suspect this company and most drivers are overseas. I would say UK, and Europe I have NEVER seen a track in the states set up like any of the tracks they showed and talked about.

Josh

BTW Where is that track at RB, I'm down in GA. There are no indoor tracks around here unless you count FL and we actually had one down the street but they decided to change it to carpet oval

Edit: I have always wondered how hard it was on cars when you run mod and smack into one of those steep wooden jumps LoL.
JoshM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #67
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM20 View Post
RB FIVE- Yea from reading and doing NO research I would suspect this company and most drivers are overseas. I would say UK, and Europe I have NEVER seen a track in the states set up like any of the tracks they showed and talked about.

Josh

BTW Where is that track at RB, I'm down in GA. There are no indoor tracks around here unless you count FL and we actually had one down the street but they decided to change it to carpet oval
it on long island baby...
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
it on long island baby...

Why don't you go eat a big mac you fat lazy american !!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #69
Tech Master

cause my names not donny and i have a pizza in front of me

"team bad guys"
Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #70
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Damn Low E!! That astroturf indoor track looks like so much fun!! Car stays clean too. I wish we had something like that local to us.

I race at the same track rb five races at. Its not a blue groove track, its a low/med. traction clay/soil mix. We change the layout every 3-5 months.

We have one fellow racer who runs a pred. x11, he actually just converted the car to run a lipo stick pack down the side, pretty cool. I do think the car can work fine as long as you are willing to do a few mods and nail a setup but with so many other great, much cheaper cars available--they are just not popular which is why I never see them win anything. I am sure they are capable though.

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #71
Tech Master

too bad royce has to spend his $ on the TL now with no thanx to chicken little...FAIL...

"team bad guys"
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #72
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggs98 View Post
after speaking to lewis we decided that the best option would be to build a 3rd driveshaft (again free of charge) and i personally watched it get built, run in so silky smooth and posted along with the other parts that were required.

if this matter isnt resolved shortly then please feel free to pm me and i shall personally look into things again

Thanking you

Nathan Ralls, Team xtreme A driver
And so they should, The customer certainly isn't at fault for receiving unusable items, or the unreliable method of delivery chosen by the manufacturer. And he sure as hell isn't at fault for raising the issue.

Secondly, why should you have to get involved to get things sorted? Its great that you did and the issue is sorted (provided it arrives) but still....

As with any business its the making good that counts, anyone can make a sale.

Last edited by Metla; 03-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Just to qualify my last post, I'm of the opinion that the Predator is an excellent bit of gear, and the company is held in high regard, But if someone has a disappointing run with something they have purchased then they are well within there rights to outline the situation for the point of discussion.

No need for people to attack his character or motivation because they are reading something that runs contrary to their opinion/devotion, It just makes you look stupid.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #74
Tech Apprentice

admin please delete

Last edited by niggs98; 03-08-2009 at 09:50 AM.
niggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #75
Tech Apprentice

admin please delete

Last edited by niggs98; 03-08-2009 at 09:50 AM.
niggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote