R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #46
Tech Initiate

you must have hit that hard to snap it what did you do run it over with your house!!!
steering fettle seems obvious to someone buiding a car ( you know normal racers like little filling bits of sprew/flashing on losi/associated stuff )

the anodising looks better than on my durango/most manufacturers

a pred x11 has just completed the ebor 24 hour race in the uk with just a ( yes A) wishbone failure........that was one car...12 drivers...running the same car in anger for 24 hours that is another amazing result for team xtreme
are you sure you built the car properly cause shouldnt it have shock bottoms fitted....why wouldnt you put them on before you photographed it or screwed up the rockers...(proper aircraft grade ali.....light colour anodizing shows that its a much lighter/harder/stronger grade)

click here for ebor reveiw
www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18802&highlight=ebor

Last edited by Rebelrc; 03-06-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Rebelrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #47
Tech Initiate

Heres the review of the predator x11 on the worlds biggest/best offroad site www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewxtremex11/
bit of a secret in the U.S buy one and blitz you opponents
Old 03-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
Tech Initiate

Oh and a nice friendly forum called pred.com
www.the-pred.co.uk/index.php
please enjoy
look at how low that car is
double ballraced steering..rock on

Last edited by Rebelrc; 03-06-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Just curious, rebel rc isnt your name scott dickinson and brother to the owner of team xtreme lewis dickinson?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Black Sheep, My friend royce has had one of these for a while. He has done a few mods to his. IE slipper pad, Stick pack etc. He knows this car well. I can ask him any questions you may have.

anyways when we were racing at the 2008 eastern states challenge @ Vineland i was landing the triple with my lazer SP and the marshall put his pred back on the track without looking.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

is he still running one after that?
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
is he still running one after that?
Yea.

He has ran it for like almost 2 years. He had a x10 first.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

admin please delete

Last edited by niggs98; 03-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.
niggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

Blacksheep,

I am very sorry to hear about your problems.
I drove an X10 a couple fo times last year and recently have bought an X11 08 ... and the car is GREAT... but offcourse that's only my noobish opinion.

I also encountered once problems when trying to contact the Team Xtreme -people through e-mails, but then another Pred-driver told me I'd better phone them personally.
Well, I did just that .. and learned that Lewis and Yanina are the most friendly business-people I have yet met. Yanina was very concerned and she did everything to make things right.
It was about a shipment I never received, well they did send everything again, on their expense.
So I might sugest that you try to contact them by phoine again. I'm almost certain that you will be helped.

Also, I agree on what RebelRC told. If you would have posted this in the regular Pred-thread, you would have been helped much quicker.

and about the different shades on anodising: I'm afraid that's normal on the car. AFAIK all X11-08's have this lighter blue on the X-brace, and the darker blue on the rockers. It doens't bother me though, and the card drives just as good

Also, and I really mean this, I have NEVER experienced such great help from team-drivers then from the Team Xtreme-Team-drivers. It's like one big family, everybody helping eachother. And when Pred-drivers meet it's always fun as we seem to be different from the lot: the ones with that strange car LOL.

So for me, reading Blacksheeps story, I was vey disturbed. This is absolutely not what I'm used from from the Pred-store.
And I wouldn't be surprised if Team Xtreme will do everything possible to get things right.

Thinking of which .. I really would like Team Xtreme to make and sell some Pred-T-shirts and stuff.
I'm proud of my Pred!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yea my buddy has one actually its the same one in that pic thats broken in half. i think the car is really cool it seems to run very well. its just part support sux cause you have to order everything from england and i did some mods to make it work better. but i love the f1 style shock set up and the style of it. if it wasent so expensive and parts hard to come buy i would so get one
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
yea my buddy has one actually its the same one in that pic thats broken in half. i think the car is really cool it seems to run very well. its just part support sux cause you have to order everything from england and i did some mods to make it work better. but i love the f1 style shock set up and the style of it. if it wasent so expensive and parts hard to come buy i would so get one
overpriced, over engineered, under engineered, fragile, unsupported, and mediocre performance.

to sum it up they offer rides to sell cars. IE 50% OFF = 300 DOLLAR CAR.

You want a deal call pred.

or search the forum for the thread where they are looking for team drivers.

It looks awful here, inaddition blacksheep they run these things in gyms and on carpet.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
overpriced, over engineered, under engineered, fragile, unsupported, and mediocre performance.
well that's your personal opinion offcourse.
Can I ask on what this is based?

Because I drive one ... and I do not have the same opinion as you.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im sure its based on the fact our buddy has one and it does look over engineered, hes a good driver and it does break a bit more often where as other cars would be fine in the same situation. but the car is cool id rather stick my kyosho the sp is hard to beat for the price and part support.
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

to sum it up they offer rides to sell cars. IE 50% OFF = 300 DOLLAR CAR.

You want a deal call pred.

or search the forum for the thread where they are looking for team drivers.

It looks awful here, inaddition blacksheep they run these things in gyms and on carpet.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I think the car goes ok but I never, ever see them win in the US. I could only see running one as a novelty--as a second 4wd simply because the engineering is off the charts but the actual execution and development is sub par and kind of strange (no friction pads? No diff springs? Get real). It is certainly no where near the best 4wd around--at least on real dirt

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Quote:
Over here (Europe) during the winter, outdoor running is nearly impossible due to the bad weather conditions which offcourse affects the status of the tracks.
That's why, during winter, we continue to drive Offroad-cars .. on indoortracks.

The film you linked is off Worksop, where they, AFAIK, make artificial jumps and use carpet mixed with the slick gym-floor to make handling the car as difficult as possible, just to keep it challenging.

Sometimes, we also make indoor-tracks with artificial dirt .. as this one ...

or with artificial grass, as this one:

On which kind of Track do you drive during the winter-months, RB Five?