R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

MannPenis... LOL.. I guess you're not allowed to pnwed someone based on their old posts.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have actually refrained from bashing the car or the company... I merly stated my opinion in a public forum.

To all of those haters out there, i would be more than happy to post all correspondence for your review... I refrained from doing so because i felt that would be inappropriate.
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Any photos of the problem parts? I'm just curious.....
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

The pred is a fantastic car that runs very strong in all conditions
it has more suspension travel/droop than any other buggy in its class
and the lowest cg...it is the only car in its class to run kingpin inclination ( check it out on the net) certainly the most efficient transmission (pound for pound nothing gets off the line like a pred)
it uses the very best materials available (graphite/titanium/ceramic/stainless/delrin to name a few
the car was originaly availiable in 1991 and has improved considerably over the years now it is extremely durable/easy to drive/rapid
hundreds have been sold taking many titles (check out Brian Kinwalds result with one)
the car is very easy to build and fits together properly with very high quality mouldings

if you fancy a new car why not try one to see what your missing
ignore the whiner and reserch the acoumplishments of the pred (theres lots)
Rebelrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dont sweat it. He obviously wasn't game to post on the forum because of a fear of getting flamed. Which ironically was exactly what he did to you.
Go figure.
By the way good luck with the car. If you look on the pos. side the company could learn from this and it could actually help them. Good communication is an absolute must in every aspect of life.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
UPDATE....

I have heard nothing from the folks at Team Xtreme nor have i received the parts that were "sent" on Jan 27.... I have received no emails following up with me about the problems i was having with the car. At this point i am convinced they have written it off and quite honestly i am very disappointed in the actions of this company.... Their answer to the problem is to just ignore an unhappy customer

To put all of this in perspective, the original email describing some of the problems i was having was sent on Jan 6. This has been going on for 2 months.....

Too top all of this off, i receive a private message by user Rebelrc attacking me personally because i chose to voice my opinion in a public forum....

That is just brilliant....
Team Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

People will make up their own minds from this thread. You should be able to talk about this because there may be other people out there experiencing the same issues.

You should see if you can get a refund (whole or part) from the manufacturer rather than the parts, if you want to cut your losses. Let them fix it up and sell it on.
geerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #37
Tech Adept

I will post some photos of the variations in anodizing, the mods that have to be made to the chassis in order to turn the car (btw, this is a know problem and there is no addendum on how to remedy the problem), and the mod to the axle/dogbone that was necessary in order for the wheel to turn (again, a known problem).

All manufacturing and quality control problems aside, the lack of customer service is atrocious. Companies have production issues, defects slip through, etc... The key in any of these cases is to learn from those mistakes and move on. It is also imperative that the issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.... Provided that is within reason....

Like i said, i offered to return the defective items to them.... I even offered to pay for some of the replacement parts if they felt i was being unreasonable.... I also would have paid for expedited shipping for the replacement parts had they given me a choice....

As far as rebelrc is concerned, he is a twit.... I will reiterate the fact that I have never bashed the car or the company....

Poor showing on their part....
Old 03-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #38
Tech Adept

geerno.... That would be the proper thing for them to do.... I would even be delighted if they would have me send it back and let them get it sorted....At this point, I would be happy if i could even get the parts i still need.... LOL

As far as a refund is concerned, i sent a long email to them explaining my disappointment and have never received a response... i am pretty sure a refund is out of the question
Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #39
Tech Initiate

What a tell tail tit! he pmed me ....im telling on you...
as i said there nothing wrong with the pred ,many hundreds sold ,no problems that you describe there made in batches no others are wrong
check them out at pred.com
the best 4wd out there by far
just check out the length of the wishbones they are huge
Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #40
Tech Adept

here is a copy of the last email sent to them... I have not received any kind of response... This email was sent on Jan 29

Yanina,
I must tell you that if this is the level of customer service you are providing to your customers, I am not sure how you expect to grow the Predator name beyond your loyal followers in the UK…

Most recently I have not heard back from you about my spare parts order…. You were going to let me know how much the additional parts were going to be as well as send me a tracking number when the order shipped. Given the fact that I have not heard back from you about the additional charges, this leads me to believe 1 of 2 things; First, you have not processed my order and therefore it has not left your facility or you have shipped my order and not emailed me a tracking number as asked… Either way, we are looking at a 2-3 week turnaround for an order….

More importantly, the replacement parts that I need in order to have a functional car, have yet to arrive. I first emailed you on Jan 6th regarding the condition of the kit and as of the end of business on Jan 29 I still have not received the necessary parts to have a working car… That is over three weeks for parts that you show as “in stock”…. That is completely unacceptable….The fact that you sent these parts via Royal Mail/ US postal service is, quite honestly, adding insult to injury….You haven’t even told me when the parts left your facility….

At this point, I have spent around $1000 on this car and I am disappointed that I have wasted my time and money on it… I have refrained from discussing this on the forums as a courtesy but I feel that potential customers should be aware of your lack of customer support and the long lead times involved in getting spares, etc

John Doe
Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #41
Tech Adept

rebelrc....

you don't think there are posts describing the mod to the chassis in order for the car to steer????

you don't think there are posts describing the axle issue????

On top of everything, for the [email protected]#KING price, your right the car should be perfect....
Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #42
Tech Initiate

Oh what a twit i am ......no seriously blacksheep everything else behind us is the car assembled properly
cause the drive shafts seem so easy just put the shaft in the stub axel put the pin through and push into the ballrace to captivate the pin ....done...

not being funny but i once had a mate that bought a yokomo and decided that they must have made his one personaly wrong so he spent a week of evenings dremmeling it better and cutting off it bits that it didnt need...haha it didnt go very well after that....not saying this is you .just highlighting an extreme case
Old 03-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

EVERYONE THE CAR IS PERFECT
theres lots of threads everywhere saying my car this and that there isnt one car out there thats perfect but honestly public theres nothing wrong with the pred its great and true quality
i dont personaly think BS is telling the truth about his corispondance with TEAM XTREME coz there allways there on the ball (real personal touch)
and am not going to comment on this thread anymore. Blackshed i dont like your nasty pm's
maybe just maybe this thread was your trouble

toy cars ............TOY CARS>>
Not even my Durango is perfect at £1500 second hand...my pred X11 is much quicker and easier to work on by far
Old 03-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #44
Tech Adept

The shaft/stub axle/pin were all assembled properly... Two of the remaining three were binding and it was minimal enough that I could completely understand that it would break in (obviously this is not ideal but again something that can be overlooked). This one needed to be "wallowed out" in order for the shaft to rotate freely at anything other than perpendicular.

I understand the difference between a slight tolerance issue and something that is defective. I have raced and worked on motorcycles (everything from a modified Ducati to a Honda RS125), I have worked on plenty of bicycles.... I am quite adept at dremeling and I am accustomed to making things work....

HOWEVER

Typically it is on some sort of race bike that was modified or some bike thing that was rigged.... I have never had do this on something new in order for it to even function... I surely never had to do this on anything that is priced well above %80 of its competitors
Old 03-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Here is a photo of the rocker arms the shocks mount on, below that are two parts of the steering linkage... look at the color on the rocker arms, then look at the other two pieces... None are alike....Those are not due to variations in light

Here is a photo of the side of the chassis... if you look at the steering linkage you can see that the top of the flat head screws will not clear the chassis ledge without removing material

Here is a picture of where the chassis broke in half... Pretty clean break.... I would think it would have been a little more damage.... Almost like it had a score line there as if you were scoring a piece of paper before tearing it....