R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My apologies, should it sound more like THIS....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/3951733-post3.html

or

http://www.rctech.net/forum/3192581-post17.html

I don't understand why it is acceptable to praise a company but not ok to bring their short comings to light?

If you don't want to participate in a thread, then don't.... That is the great thing about freedom of choice....JUST SAY NO.... Don't read the thread

BTW.... I would welcome their input as they have not answered my emails.... Any communication at this point would be great....

Last edited by blacksheep; 03-03-2009 at 04:39 AM.
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Looks like someone needs to look up "Freespeach" mean.
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
My apologies, should it sound more like THIS....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/3951733-post3.html

or

http://www.rctech.net/forum/3192581-post17.html

I don't understand why it is acceptable to praise a company but not to bring their short comings to light?

If you don't want to participate in a thread, then don't.... That is the great thing about freedom of choice....JUST SAY NO.... Don't read the thread

BTW.... I would welcome their input as they have not answered my emails.... Any communication at this point would be great....
LOL!

mannkenpis = pwned
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Mannkenpis

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio View Post
LOL!

mannkenpis = pwned
I have to agree. I can not stand stupid bashing nor stupid advertising. And, if you take time to read the all thread (which you haven't) maybe you'll get my sarcasm/ironical point in front of again idiots advertising positively or negatively on the board.

Why don't you take time to read all my answers +- 110 post since 2005, won't take you long. Maybe you'll learn to think twice before jumping on your keyboard... .

And, for the whiny dude, your freedom stops where others start. By the way, I sent DMS an email Sunday and got an answer Monday. Not fast enough for you?
Mannkenpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Predators suck. I have seen this first hand.

sell your funky junky x11 and get something more mainstream.

That car is a bag of doodie.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannkenpis View Post
I can not stand stupid bashing nor stupid advertising.
I read his initial post and didn't walk away with it thinking it was stupid. I thought blacksheep was concise and even respectful of sharing his experience. Like stated a few posts up, I don't understand why all posts must have appraisal as the subject. Criticism is what drives a company to do better. When a company did indeed do something wrong, even if it's one person, that person should have the right to voice their experience, whether it's on this forum, or on the company's own forum.

Quote:
your freedom stops where others start.
This is just a confusing statement. On the same token, doesn't the "other's" freedom stops where yours start? Where and how do you draw the line where one person's freedom starts and another's stops?

Like I stated and I will throw my $0.02 (freedom of speech), blacksheep wasn't bashing the company out of no where. He stated it in a respectful manner and with proper and appropriate tone. It really doesn't matter how small a company is or how little employee a company has, that is just an excuse. You can't simply deny people sitting at the table service simply because you failed to increase your manpower in servers. "We don't have enough employee to give a crap about your concerns" is the message you send across if you can't handle all of your clients.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I have to agree. I can not stand stupid bashing nor stupid advertising. And, if you take time to read the all thread (which you haven't) maybe you'll get my sarcasm/ironical point in front of again idiots advertising positively or negatively on the board.

Why don't you take time to read all my answers +- 110 post since 2005, won't take you long. Maybe you'll learn to think twice before jumping on your keyboard... .

And, for the whiny dude, your freedom stops where others start. By the way, I sent DMS an email Sunday and got an answer Monday. Not fast enough for you?
Thanks, Dad. Maybe someday I will grow up and learn. In the meantime, you still got owned.

Perhaps you need to find a forum where people only post shiny, happy things about all those poor small companies. I, for one, prefer honest opinions about the true experiences. It's more useful to me when I make decisions.

I think the OP could not have been more tactful and descriptive about the experience he had. At least he didn't put it in all caps with a million exclamation marks while he hurled personal attacks. That's wouldn't be so useful.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
Tech Adept

I am not bashing Team Xtreme nor am I bashing the Predator.... I am merely stating my experiences with both... Take them for what they are work and either dismiss them or learn from them... Forums are all about sharing information so people can learn from other peoples experiences... That is the great thing about the internet....Forums are not meant for people’s amusement (most of the time), but they are a tool to be used by both consumers and companies alike... Why is it when someone praises a company’s good qualities it is acceptable (everyone jumps on the bandwagon) but when someone brings to light a company’s shortcomings it is frowned upon....

As far as the car itself is concerned, I think it will be a great car if the company gets some of these issues ironed out…. The design is actually pretty amazing and the amount of adjustability is head and shoulders above anything else out there…. All of that means nothing if you can get spares and the thing breaks all of the time….

Now as far as you are concerned;

I am quite familiar with sarcasm... my point was merely that you were once again participating in a thread and pressing peoples buttons...

As far as the second link (http://www.rctech.net/forum/3192581-post17.html ) is concerned, is it just me or does it sound like you are doing the exact same thing I am doing here????

If you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion, please go somewhere else....
Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
I am not bashing Team Xtreme nor am I bashing the Predator.... I am merely stating my experiences with both...
Don't sweat it, Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see this is a legit and honest thread.

Once bitten twice shy.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio View Post
LOL!

mannkenpis = pwned
kind of brought that on yourself, mancanpiss.

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

blacksheep, I feel ya for dumping so much money into the most expensive 4wds out there... If this were me, I'd try to sort it with Team Extreme as best as I could, then piece the car together so that it's restored into running condition, then probably either shelve it or sell it to another person who want this car...

If you do choose to shelve it, don't give up on 1/10th 4wd buggies, it's the coolest class in my opinion. Get yourself a solid 4wd from a mass producer like Team Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, and etc...

I highly recommend the B44. If you live in the US, I'm guessing that 90% of rc car hobby shops will carry parts for it... They are decent priced (except for the shock towers, damn those CF parts!) and it's a wonderful car to say the least...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Actually, i have been trying to get it sorted but they don't seem to be responsive.... I still have not received the axle and dog bone that were no good from day one... At this point, i agree... i am going to get it rolling and then probably sell it.... In the end i am going to take a BATH....

As far as 4wd, i agree... it is awesome.... I picked up a Kyosho FS and am very happy....

Easy to work on, great kit quality, good customer support, local hobby shop stocks parts = VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER
Old 03-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #28
Tech Adept

UPDATE....

I have heard nothing from the folks at Team Xtreme nor have i received the parts that were "sent" on Jan 27.... I have received no emails following up with me about the problems i was having with the car. At this point i am convinced they have written it off and quite honestly i am very disappointed in the actions of this company.... Their answer to the problem is to just ignore an unhappy customer

To put all of this in perspective, the original email describing some of the problems i was having was sent on Jan 6. This has been going on for 2 months.....

Too top all of this off, i receive a private message by user Rebelrc attacking me personally because i chose to voice my opinion in a public forum....

That is just brilliant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc
I think your thread about the pred is absolutley disgusting...
what are you on?
shame we cant ban you from buying good products and slating them on public forums
the pred is a phenominal car
and probably should only be sold to men ....of which you most certainly are not
men dont whinge like you

wonder why your called black sheep ?

please explain your foolishness
Old 03-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
UPDATE....

I have heard nothing from the folks at Team Xtreme nor have i received the parts that were "sent" on Jan 27.... I have received no emails following up with me about the problems i was having with the car. At this point i am convinced they have written it off and quite honestly i am very disappointed in the actions of this company.... Their answer to the problem is to just ignore an unhappy customer

To put all of this in perspective, the original email describing some of the problems i was having was sent on Jan 6. This has been going on for 2 months.....

Too top all of this off, i receive a private message by user Rebelrc attacking me personally because i chose to voice my opinion in a public forum....

That is just brilliant....
That guy obviously is a 'man' as he attacked you (privately no less) on the INTERNET via a COMPUTER. I think the line can easily be distinguished between someone 'bashing' a company, and someone giving a summary of their actual experiences (as you did)...I personally wouldnt buy the car because it is too expensive and I saw one blow apart like an Indy car when it bounced of the wall (it was a pretty sweet wreck though!). Keep posting your thoughts and ignore the morons like the one that sent you that pm.

Hot Bodies Racing www.hotbodiesonline.com
Tekin www.teamtekin.com
Team Checkpoint
ms3 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #30
Tech Adept

on a sad note, is it actually kind of cool to watch a car break in half