R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   New Here... A little Intro (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/279202-new-here-little-intro.html)

t4tx 02-28-2009 10:20 AM

New Here... A little Intro

Just joined this forum as well as this hobby and wanted to introduce myself and say hello...

I'm 34 now and the last time I had one of these was 18 years ago! My first 1/10th buggy was the Tamiya Hornet (I had a small allowance and could not afford the Frog). Then I stepped up bigtime to the RC-10 aluminum with bearings! Then I upgraded to the graphite chasis! Last time I went to the track I was 16.

I've always loved cars and have been involved in SCCA and Autocross but it's getting really expensive and time consuming, but I still need my speed fix so I decided to get back into the hobby that made me love cars in the first place.

I went to my local shop and wanted to do it right the first time because I want to start racing (sooner than later).

I picked up the following:

T4 Factory Team
Novak GTB 13.5 Brushless
Spektrum DX3S
A couple of Orion LiPo 3400
An Onyx 230 charger

Took it home and put it together taking my time and setting it up. Took it to the track yesterday for the first time (also my first time in years!).

WOW, do I suck! Of course I drove it around like a grandma just to get my feel for it and the more time I spent the less I crashed it. But for the first five minutes I was doing more cartwheels than an olympic gymnast!

I now recall why I loved this hobby so much and I'm glad I'm back in it.

Thanks for reading this far and I hope to learn alot from being here.

Jason Pelletier 02-28-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by t4tx (Post 5491642)
Just joined this forum as well as this hobby and wanted to introduce myself and say hello...

I'm 34 now and the last time I had one of these was 18 years ago! My first 1/10th buggy was the Tamiya Hornet (I had a small allowance and could not afford the Frog). Then I stepped up bigtime to the RC-10 aluminum with bearings! Then I upgraded to the graphite chasis! Last time I went to the track I was 16.

I've always loved cars and have been involved in SCCA and Autocross but it's getting really expensive and time consuming, but I still need my speed fix so I decided to get back into the hobby that made me love cars in the first place.

I went to my local shop and wanted to do it right the first time because I want to start racing (sooner than later).

I picked up the following:

T4 Factory Team
Novak GTB 13.5 Brushless
Spektrum DX3S
A couple of Orion LiPo 3400
An Onyx 230 charger

Took it home and put it together taking my time and setting it up. Took it to the track yesterday for the first time (also my first time in years!).

WOW, do I suck! Of course I drove it around like a grandma just to get my feel for it and the more time I spent the less I crashed it. But for the first five minutes I was doing more cartwheels than an olympic gymnast!

I now recall why I loved this hobby so much and I'm glad I'm back in it.

Thanks for reading this far and I hope to learn alot from being here.

Welcome back and remember slow is fast. Get a good feel and then try and go faster.