R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to sand viper
Exclamation Trinity NiMH packs for e-revo brushless

I am going to purchase an e-revo brushless edition when they come out but I am having a hard time looking for battery's. I decided not to go with lipo for safety reasons but instead with the new trinity ib NiMH Racing packs with the traxxas connectors. Before I purchase them I would like to know what you guys thought of these battery's and if anyone had any luck with them.
sand viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin

I've some and they're good batteries. You wont be dissapointed with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand viper View Post
I am going to purchase an e-revo brushless edition when they come out but I am having a hard time looking for battery's. I decided not to go with lipo for safety reasons but instead with the new trinity ib NiMH Racing packs with the traxxas connectors. Before I purchase them I would like to know what you guys thought of these battery's and if anyone had any luck with them.
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I wouldnt use ANY Nimh batteries with the MMM combo , it will draw way too much current and will cook NiMh batteries .

NiMh batteries can be almost as dangerous as LiPo if overworked , there is a vid on youtube of a kid running a STOCK E REVO doing wheelies and drifting in his driveway , well after a bit you hear this bang ! and his car stops running , turns out one of the cells in his NiMh pack blew up It blew the door open on the battery compartment and shot the end of the battery out the side of the truck . Here is the vid ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPzzYYbsmM

The MMM combo draws even more current than the stock system so run them at your own risk (I wouldnt)

As cheap as LiPo and DECENT LiPo chargers are getting there really is no reason NOT too go LiPo . As long as you use them the way they are intended to be used they are JUST as safe as any other batteries IMO .
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

i love when he goes to remove the batteries and burns his hands, then used a crowbar and in the end says he was not overheating his batteries.
if you cant hold your hand on them for a couple of seconds, they must be cooking

on the other hand i feel bad for the kid and the revo
zfmrchnt is offline   Reply With Quote