R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default New Traxxas TORC Series

Check it out .http://http://torcseries.com/

Home | About TORC | Schedule | Race Info | Drivers | Standings | News | Track Info | Contingency | Media | Contact Us
Traxxas Named TORC Series Title Sponsor for 2009-2011 Seasons
Crandon, WI (February 10, 2009) - Ricky Johnson of TORC – THE Off-Road Championship Series announced today that a three year agreement has been reached with Traxxas, The Fastest Name in Radio Control to become the 2009-2011 series title sponsor of the world’s premier short course off-road racing series. The series will be referred to as The Traxxas TORC Series or THE Traxxas Off-Road Championship Series and will be broadcast on national network television beginning in June 2009. The Traxxas TORC series will feature the fastest names in off-road racing competing at top tracks across America.

Traxxas is the world’s leading manufacturer of hobby-class radio controlled models, including the popular Traxxas Slash and Slayer short course off-road race trucks. In a statement, Traxxas owner Mike Jenkins said “TORC offers Traxxas and other sponsors the best racing series out there with soon to be announced nationally broadcast television coverage. In addition, Ricky and Mitch (Covington) have earned the confidence and support of both The Sponsor Group and The Professional Drivers Group. The Traxxas TORC Series has commitments from the biggest drivers in off-road like Johnny Greaves, Scott Douglas, Rick Huseman , the LeDuc gang, Steve Barlow, Scott Taylor, Ross Hoek and so many more. You can expect a little West Coast influence on the track design of Crandon this year. Viewers and spectators alike are guaranteed some new sections, jumps, and passing areas. The racing is going to be fiercely competitive.”
| FULL STORY

TORC Engages Top Motorsports Producer, Paul Taublieb of Media X International, Inc. to Forge Media Partnership for TV, Digital Coverage
| FULL STORY

Crandon Raceway Announces 15 Year Exclusive Deal with Traxxas TORC Series
| FULL STORY

Off-Road Grand Prix Announces Unification of Short Course Off-Road Racing
| FULL STORY
MORE HEADLINES

Welcome to TORC!

We are excited to introduce TORC to you and present the best short-course off-road racing in the world. Please read our vision for this premiere series and upcoming season!

RJ
DateTrack / Location May 15-16Manzanita Speedway, Phoenix, AZMay 29-30Perris Auto Speedway, Perris, CAJune 20-21Crandon Raceway, Crandon, WI July 11-12Bark River Raceway, Bark River, MI August 8-9Bark River Raceway,Bark River, MIAugust 29*Perris Auto Speedway, Perris, CASept 4-6Crandon Raceway, Crandon, WI Sept 26-27TBDOct 31-Nov 1Las Vegas, NV
*Sportsman's points only. No pro points

Television Schedule

The television package is almost ready and will be released in the near future. Be sure to check back soon. It's going to be a good one! Drivers, please go to the Drivers Page to fill out your Drivers Profile form. We will use that information on the TORC website.
*Chrominator* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

No thoughts or comments ? I think it's pretty cool.
*Chrominator* is offline   Reply With Quote