R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thats good news...

I'm curious and this may be a dumb ques - what is it that makes these diff front to rear? Seems like anywhere I look there is always one end or the other thats sold out. Is there a real diff I'm just not aware of?
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The stock wheels have a slightly different offset, I think, not too sure about the aftermarket wheels.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

OK the results are in.

I couldnt have run these tires any harder than I did today. They held up perfectly. Ballooning, Bashing, Hard turns on road, Hard turns off road. No trouble. NONE. Im thinking the people that had trouble with them didnt spend the time when they put them together to make sure the were seated properly.

By the way: The difference in the front and rear rims is a very minuscule offset from one to the other (front to rear). It took me a minute to notice it when I was trying to find the difference myself.
arcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Cool, at least now I know why there are fronts a rears. Good report - I was hoping you wouldn't be able to make them come apart.

I'm buying a set tonight, have to get them from 2 diff places since neither have both "ends" in stock, but at least I'll have a proper set.

Thanks!

I have a set on the way!!

Last edited by Duster_360; 03-27-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcarle View Post
OK the results are in.

I couldnt have run these tires any harder than I did today. They held up perfectly. Ballooning, Bashing, Hard turns on road, Hard turns off road. No trouble. NONE. Im thinking the people that had trouble with them didnt spend the time when they put them together to make sure the were seated properly.

By the way: The difference in the front and rear rims is a very minuscule offset from one to the other (front to rear). It took me a minute to notice it when I was trying to find the difference myself.
Great did you get to run them in any loose dirt how did they hook up are they any wider then stock's
laser_cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser_cart View Post
Great did you get to run them in any loose dirt how did they hook up are they any wider then stock's
yes loose dirt as well. Nice roosts. I think they grabbed slightly better than stock in the loose stuff. But If you really want to run in loose stuff alot maybe paddles would be best for that. Comin out of the loose stuff though they grabbed so hard I was wondering if I was gonna snap something

BTW: they do seem to be 1-2mm wider there was a significant increase in tire rub on the body during turns. I trimmed about a 1/4 inch of the wheel wells and will try it later.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcarle View Post
I was wondering if I was gonna snap something
The first day I put them on my slash I shattered a MIP CVD
Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Ta View Post
The first day I put them on my slash I shattered a MIP CVD
NIIICE!!!! I can see how to. When they come out of loose stuff MAN do they hook up like RIGHT NOW!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

I suggest this throttle curve. [Black] is stock, [Yellow] is suggested value, [Red] is denoted EPA regulation value asset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87 View Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
Cool, at least now I know why there are fronts a rears. Good report - I was hoping you wouldn't be able to make them come apart.

I'm buying a set tonight, have to get them from 2 diff places since neither have both "ends" in stock, but at least I'll have a proper set.

Thanks!

I have a set on the way!!

They freaking rock!!!
Hardest part was getting the tires ff of the old rims with an Xacto blade, don't want to slip!
Ran good until I hit a basketball pole sideways doing about 25, broke a huge chunk off of my chassis, which is now basically shot.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Damn that sucks man. Now you have an excuse to get the aluminum chasis it's only $70
Old 03-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Thinking about making a chassis for it out of steel or aluminum, but if I sell my xbox Racing Wheel for say $60, the pre-fabbed aluminum chassis will be worth it, unless my LHS has a used Slash chassis he will let go cheap, then I could sell some more stuff and get another LiPo.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtowakeakar View Post
Thinking about making a chassis for it out of steel or aluminum, but if I sell my xbox Racing Wheel for say $60, the pre-fabbed aluminum chassis will be worth it, unless my LHS has a used Slash chassis he will let go cheap, then I could sell some more stuff and get another LiPo.
get a thundertech outlaw racing chassis for the slash. Makes them handle way better. Lower CG.
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtowakeakar View Post
Me and my buddy have been fabin stuff from aluminum stock a lot lately. Tmax bulkheads, a roll bar (of sorts) for the slash, skid plates. It's fun makin your own parts. Cheaper too as long as you dont screw up alot.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via Skype™ to Stampedekid

Well today and yesterday, took the talons off my nitro stampede and plopped them onto the Slash. Well see dad got a mulch pile for our gardens well I used it as the perfect jump. Slash almost cleared my fence as did the nitro after the Slash died. And my friend and his nitro did good too. Rained today but I had the esc all waterproofed and set out. It was fun but I have so much wear on the rears that there was little traction on the wet road and especially on the wet driveway.
Stampedekid is offline   Reply With Quote