R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default E-buggy beats N-buggy by twice as much

On this site the electric buggies have 2 times as many threads as the Nitro buggies! We are winning at something! The green machines cannot be stopped...at least for 15 minutes!
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
On this site the electric buggies have 2 times as many threads as the Nitro buggies! We are winning at something! The green machines cannot be stopped...at least for 15 minutes!
Its because we dont have to spend as much time working on our cars so we can spend more time online.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Ya know that is right on the money. I love not having to worry and fix my clutch,brakes,engine tuning,charging rec. bats,starter box batts,glow ignitor batts, fuel lines, cleaning, exhaust couplings on and on. I went racing this past sat. showed up with three charged packs (did not even bring my charger and PS) threw it down on the track and went racing. I guess some people would say it is not a hobby when done this way but I was and I am sick of all the maintanence. The electric world is for me and cannot imagine going back to Nitro.....at this point.
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
Ya know that is right on the money. I love not having to worry and fix my clutch,brakes,engine tuning,charging rec. bats,starter box batts,glow ignitor batts, fuel lines, cleaning, exhaust couplings on and on. I went racing this past sat. showed up with three charged packs (did not even bring my charger and PS) threw it down on the track and went racing. I guess some people would say it is not a hobby when done this way but I was and I am sick of all the maintanence. The electric world is for me and cannot imagine going back to Nitro.....at this point.
A hobby is what you make of it. Some people find that a hobby consists of constant cleaning of nitro parts, tuning of engines, etc. as well as the wind sprints back to the starter box when the buggy has died.

I'll give them credit, at least they will be in better shape
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hate to tell you this, but its because they renamed the offroad thread to electric offroad, and made a new one for nitro. any active nitro threads were moved
if you dont beleive me go back to page one!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Agree

Over the years I do have to agree that brushless electric is far superior in almost every way than nitro (just personal opinion). I do respect the nitro drivers (especially the nitro boat freaks... I have been down that road) and think there is a definite talent to keep a nitro vehicle running in top condition.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Im over it. Worrying about your engine and needing a dedicated pit man to race is getting to me. While I am holding on to my RC8 for now (along with three OS SPEED engines, Two Starter Boxes, and glow plug igniters, engine bearing tools, clutch tools, spares of everything three times over, and probably 50 ft of fuel tubing).

THE DAY that electric 8th scale becomes a viable class, and the minor bugs get all sorted out with respect to batteries, charging, etc.. I will be there to buy in.

In a perfect world.. 1/8th scale Electric CORR Truck with you choice of patterned block tires (no fuzzy type holeshots etc.) will replace truggy and Nitro buggy will stay around (except in California, where the EPA is not far from putting an end all 2 stroke engines, including Nitro RC).
Seyruuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyruuen View Post
(except in California, where the EPA is not far from putting an end all 2 stroke engines, including Nitro RC).
Quit with the nonsense about California or post up a (reputable) source. Ain't nobody banning r/c cars here.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

Quote:
Im over it. Worrying about your engine and needing a dedicated pit man to race is getting to me. While I am holding on to my RC8 for now (along with three OS SPEED engines, Two Starter Boxes, and glow plug igniters, engine bearing tools, clutch tools, spares of everything three times over, and probably 50 ft of fuel tubing).

THE DAY that electric 8th scale becomes a viable class, and the minor bugs get all sorted out with respect to batteries, charging, etc.. I will be there to buy in.

In a perfect world.. 1/8th scale Electric CORR Truck with you choice of patterned block tires (no fuzzy type holeshots etc.) will replace truggy and Nitro buggy will stay around (except in California, where the EPA is not far from putting an end all 2 stroke engines, including Nitro RC).

monster max esc/neu motor
zippy 5000 4s 30c lipo 100bux shipped
thats a preety damn solid combo.!!!
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
Tech Addict

You'd figure that there would be more electric guys anyways. Look at the Anwar thread in general discussion. with all them anti drill, you'd expect them to be E-guys. But wrong, they are the nitroheads
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

If anything, there are 2-3 times as many nitro buggy threads than EL because there are only a few buggies being converted and there are tons of nitro buggies...did you mean that at that very moment there were more electric buggy threads on the first page or something? The nitros will always have more buggy threads because nobody is going to convert an xt2 or similar cars...I think nitro will always be bigger because this is a hobby and dudes just want to go out, get dirty, and make some noise...electric guys(most/some)(ish) just want to race 1/8th scale and not deal with nitro baggage...
Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My electric st-rr is fucking awesome. Plug in the battery, flip a switch, and haul ass. I cannot wait to get my car on the track Thursday @ Revelation.
rcparts411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Indeed.. getting the other racers not to whine about electric is a challenge that should be overcome soon as well.. ROAR needs to make a ruling on electric 8th scale
Seyruuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

Quote:
ROAR needs to make a ruling on electric 8th scale
and roar needs to keep it as open mod as possible.!! otherwise it wont be as fun
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've done it all.. nitro.. electric... on-road.. off-road... I think it's just a cycle.. Nitro is noisy and smells like racing... it attracts more people because of that.. there are probably 20x or more bashers out there than racers. Even with all the nitro racers.. its nothing close to what electric once was. I remember 5 local off-road tracks that all raced 2 or 3 times a week.. all having over 100 entries each...

I still get the bug now and then to get a nitro together again... then I go out with my little 1/10th scale electric 4wd brushless to an 1/8th scale track and I remember why I don't.... lol.. unless the track is all rutted up (my little car falls in the holes) my car is faster and more in control than any of the 1/8th scales including the electrics.. but I must say that the 1/8th scale electrics are kinda cool if in the hands of a seasoned "electric" driver.

Nitro racing has always been a "dirty" class imo... sorry..but in the early days of nitro 99% of racers had already raced electric, drove cleaner and understood more of a curtious driving attitude. With nitro its all about the noise and power.. tempers flare more........

Electric tracks also tend to be a little more friendly because you can have conversations with the other drivers without having to yell all night.

It's all good though! It is a hobby for everyone to enjoy the part that they like. I just don't think they mix too well... lol If I'm driving a nitro car its fun.. but if I'm driving an electric with nitros around I can't stand it!

Jerome
JeromeK99 is offline   Reply With Quote