Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE releasing the B5/T5 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im sure since tebo is now running an rb5 he will show what it can do and the ae will have to bring out at least soem new upgrades dont you think? shocks could deffinatley be imporved on the b4, rb5 shocks a re soo smooth.

Regards,

Ryan Clark
Old 02-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan_c
im sure since tebo is now running an rb5 he will show what it can do and the ae will have to bring out at least soem new upgrades dont you think? shocks could deffinatley be imporved on the b4, rb5 shocks a re soo smooth.

Regards,

Ryan Clark
AE is in a way working on a updated B4, with the light weight set-up. So that might be made into a running change later on (unlike xray ae doesn't sell a new car with only one differnt part ).

But yes the shocks are in need of an upgrade. Don't get me wrong fresh built ae shocks are really smooth, but they wear out a little too fast, and are on the hard side to rebuild (well more like time consoming).
Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would gladly buy an updated FT T4/B4 kit. All they have to do is incorporate some parts they already have production in the kit:

1 GT2 front end on the T4.
2 Quick change rear hubs on the T4
3 B44 rear axles & hubs w/oversized bearings and the captured CVD pins.

And I would like to see a new servo saver, not unlike the one on the GT2 and some more toe-in options .5 - 1.0 - 1.5 - etc.

It would still be a T4/B4 and there's nothing wrong with that!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

You read it here first people.

It will be the B4BL to suit Brushless and LiPo.

New final drive ratio for the tranny, accommodate the light weight set up the team are working on new rear hubs, wing mounts and shocks.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

There's also the X-Factory kits, but those are conversions and not regular factory updates.

The ones I've seen flat-out RIP.

http://www.2wdrc.com/
Old 02-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ryan_c

Regards,

Ryan Clark

guys at the local track that tebo races at they have been snaping the kyosho buggys chassis in half also i heard that the truck of tebos snaped in half too so i don't think i want one of them
Old 02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

I would say that within the next year or so you will see a b5/t5. The cars are dialed, and usually on the podium at the big races.

Although an update would be nice i dont know if it will happen, maybe to accomidate BL and lipo like said above.

Also stated above the shocks could use some work on durability!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One thing they need to change on both....

A gear based differential. There is no reason to run the ball diff any more with the increased power of lipo/brushless and the decreased weight of the lipo/brushless setup. The T4 would be the perfect low maintenance race weapon with a geared diff. If the SC10 gear diff fits in my T4 I'm running it. My only complaint about the truck is the diff to this point, I just don't really like the ball diff for off-road racing. If they sort this out the B4/T4 will have a long life ahead of them and there'd be no reason for an update.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I guess a gear diff would be good for the RTR version, but, I prefer a ball diff for racing.

If you buy a set of ceramic diff balls you could easilty go 4-8 weekends or more before rebuilds.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The gear diff would give a whole lot more rotational mass and it would unload a lot easier too. I think it would be a performance downgrade with a gear diff.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
rb5, rt5 to many relations... It will be a B6
I don't think so. They'll more than likely stick with their normal numbering system. They released a TC3 (even though it was their first touring car) because it matched their current off road car numbering system at the time. They have a TC5 now (which they didn't call a TC6 even with Kyosho having a T-5 touring car) They'll release a B5 and T5 to match. In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see a prototype or two of a B5 at the worlds in a couple of months.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I don't think so. They'll more than likely stick with their normal numbering system. They released a TC3 (even though it was their first touring car) because it matched their current off road car numbering system at the time. They have a TC5 now (which they didn't call a TC6 even with Kyosho having a T-5 touring car) They'll release a B5 and T5 to match. In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see a prototype or two of a B5 at the worlds in a couple of months.
Yeah it wouldn't be surprising if they come out with a prototype for the worlds, but really I would bet they would rather just make small running changes then to redo the whole car. Then again they might market the upgrade car as the B5 even though it is just a B4 with a set-up change.

BTW don't forget that AE had the RC300 way back in the early day's (I think that is what their nitro 8th scale on-road car was called).
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since we are on the subject of AE....has anyone heard anything about a newer version of a B44? I have no clue what they would call it , but just the same.....any rumors floating around out there?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the one reason you do not tend to see annual off-road chassis release each year from horizon and thunder tiger in the US - demand.

most retail shops (read: not tracks) do not have the demand (turnover) to carry multiple lines of parts for one class of chassis from one manufacturer. this is why you either see the same chassis re-hashed in 20 different configurations (horizon) with largely interchangeable parts or running changes of the same chassis with interchangeable parts (thunder tiger).

consumers - since these questions are somewhat aimed at off-road, b5/t5, it's important to look at consumer trends and demand over the past decade. we had a mini-mini (pardon the pun) explosion, a major tc and nitro explosion while somewhat diminishing demand for electric off-road. now with consumer adoption of BL and lipo, as well popularity of the slash, electric off-road seems to be regaining market share over the past 12-18 months.

going back to the original post, most paintball shops i see do not have to stock a 2.5'x6' wall of parts for each model gun they sell, where as most hobby shops at least try to carry the pertinent spares for the popular rebuildable rc cars they sell. i doubt you would see the annual introduction of new model paintball guns if the distributors and retailers had to make the same committements to parts as is frequently done for rebuildable rc cars.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see a prototype or two of a B5 at the worlds in a couple of months.
I agree! A win at the worlds is probably one of, if not THE, best marketting devices for their product! All their advertising strategies run off of these major victories. If they are going to come out with a B5, it will definetly be before (or at) the Worlds. And the worlds only come every 2 years, so it,s now or never!

Just my 0.02$

CODMAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.