R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Very cool chassis, but if all it took was a new chassis to make the Rustler competitive w/ the T4, we would have seen them already.

As much as I love my Slash, I'll be moving to the SC10.

550 Mafia.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:03 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen89559 View Post
I'd like to see where there is delrin parts on this chassis. All I have seen so far is some plastic blocks, aluminum threaded spacers, and fiberglass with stainless screws. Not knocking your chassis, but if you can't sell enough to warrant a demand at this price, how are you going to create a demand for a lower priced unit?

I'd buy it right now if there was a higher demand and saw them popping up everywhere at tracks. That would mean enough people have them for track operators to warrant an added class and there would be competition for them. As of right now, there is going to be nothing but deep pocketed bashers buying these. I see more of a market for a carbon fiber factory replacement with some smartly engineered structure additions to correct flaws in the traxxas factory chassis than I do this.
The "Plastic blocks" you see are machined delrin.

There's a huge demand for this chassis already, they are flying out the door by people who understand that this is cheap for what you get. There's a lot more people who are not cheap asses who have stepped up and ordered this kit already (mines sitting right here) instead of getting on the net and complaining about the price. If you can't afford it, that's ok, don't buy one. No one is forcing you to. But don't get on the net and bash someone for offering a better performing alternative to the stock china junk the truck comes with. If you don't like it, then just don't buy it. If you think you can do better, go for it. I want to see you spend the hours to design it, source the materials, buy the machine to cut it, or at least have it outsourced to be cut, design an instruction manual and send it to print. Then package all of it when your done for $85....

Problem is everyone thinks American made quality products need to be imported crap product prices.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARPY View Post
At least I'll have some worthy electronics.
And I won't spend next year whining while getting my butt stomped whimpy.
Ok so your SC10 would be a $500 truck vs a whole $285 for a Slash RTR with the Outlaw chassis kit. Good argument....

No one is forcing anyone to buy this kit. If you don't like it or think it costs too much then just don't purchase one. Its not rocket science. Why does everyone feel the need to just complain all the time.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #19
Tech Regular

THATS THE AMERICAN WAY
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

we won't get what "WE" want if dont tell manufactors that the crap they put out, is not gonna sell . IMO the only company the got the corr truck right from the beginning was traxxas . Yes I know that thunder tech made there truck first but that only took 5 years to be ready! Traxxas Hit the market with a 200 rtr (Race truck). If you have never raced before you could be racing for under $300 inculding battery and charger! Unheard off until recently. In this time where people have very little extra money to spend what do you think there gonna do when it comes down to buying there first kit? i could go on for days but i think every manufactor is approaching this in the wrong way. Why didn't AE make a 4wd Version then WE could have has a pro 2 and pro 4 class just like the real thing.
driftkinginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MoparRules Send a message via Yahoo to MoparRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderTechPres View Post
We have this kit listed with an "introductory price" becouse at this time, we are running short production runs.
Knowing that this kit may be ahead of it's target market or better yet, it's demand, we want to ease into it slowly.

In the future, all of the machined delrin parts can be replaced by injection molded parts when & if the demand for this kit warrants making the investment into the molds. Also note that the when we move into the injection molding, it will also allow us the shave some weight from these parts.

At that time the price will drop to a much more affordable level.

Hows that?

As for group orders, we always welcome them with open arms.
if you are telling people that you plan on making it lighter and cheaper, what retard is gonna buy one now??!!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
if you are telling people that you plan on making it lighter and cheaper, what retard is gonna buy one now??!!
What retard can't understand a simple post of "if the demand for this kit warrants making the investment into the molds. At that time the price will drop to a much more affordable level."

Its a simple concept, pay the price for a quality kit, or keep playing with your $200 box of china junk plastic. It costs money to mass produce stuff. TTR is not going to have 8 year olds getting paid $2 a day making them parts. Think CNC Machines grow on tree's? Or molds? Or people to operate them?

There's other companies that make chassis's for this truck, that are expensive and do nothing to enhance the performance of the truck. I don't see everyone bashing them.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftkinginc View Post
we won't get what "WE" want if dont tell manufactors that the crap they put out, is not gonna sell . IMO the only company the got the corr truck right from the beginning was traxxas . Yes I know that thunder tech made there truck first but that only took 5 years to be ready! Traxxas Hit the market with a 200 rtr (Race truck). If you have never raced before you could be racing for under $300 inculding battery and charger! Unheard off until recently. In this time where people have very little extra money to spend what do you think there gonna do when it comes down to buying there first kit? i could go on for days but i think every manufactor is approaching this in the wrong way. Why didn't AE make a 4wd Version then WE could have has a pro 2 and pro 4 class just like the real thing.
Wow I am sorry you feel that Traxxas got it right from the beginning...
They made it affordable, that's it.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
The "Plastic blocks" you see are machined delrin.

There's a huge demand for this chassis already, they are flying out the door by people who understand that this is cheap for what you get. There's a lot more people who are not cheap asses who have stepped up and ordered this kit already (mines sitting right here) instead of getting on the net and complaining about the price. If you can't afford it, that's ok, don't buy one. No one is forcing you to. But don't get on the net and bash someone for offering a better performing alternative to the stock china junk the truck comes with. If you don't like it, then just don't buy it. If you think you can do better, go for it. I want to see you spend the hours to design it, source the materials, buy the machine to cut it, or at least have it outsourced to be cut, design an instruction manual and send it to print. Then package all of it when your done for $85....

Problem is everyone thinks American made quality products need to be imported crap product prices.
First of all, I never complained about the price, I complained about the demand. I have yet to see one of these chassis in action, nor have I yet to see anyone purchase them. If you know of several people with them, congrats to you, because your local track director will have to be making changes to classes to allow it. And I'm sorry, but producing something like that doesn't take as much as you think. Anyone with a sheet of 4mm thick fiberglass, some hardware from Home Depot, and design knowledge can make anything they want. Let the man answer the concerns without feeling the urge to defend them yourself, he has the ability to type, we've all seen it here.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen89559 View Post
First of all, I never complained about the price, I complained about the demand. I have yet to see one of these chassis in action, nor have I yet to see anyone purchase them. If you know of several people with them, congrats to you, because your local track director will have to be making changes to classes to allow it. And I'm sorry, but producing something like that doesn't take as much as you think. Anyone with a sheet of 4mm thick fiberglass, some hardware from Home Depot, and design knowledge can make anything they want. Let the man answer the concerns without feeling the urge to defend them yourself, he has the ability to type, we've all seen it here.
Awesome, I look forward to seeing your chassis kit then.
In the meantime, my ThunderTech chassis is sitting right here ready to go on my truck.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default nice job

Hey, congrats to anyone making optional parts. It's sometimes frustraiting looking for hop ups or up grades on some cars. I know that the slash has many but even at my local track I have heard and seem some racers talking about a lower battery posistion. Lets face it, even in stock spec or 19t spec there are the people who push or go over the limits,Doesnt meen they win. Just wanted o say NICE JOB ON THE CHASSIS. May not be for everyone, But looks good.
SKIMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nitrotruckn

IMO- this upgrade looks nice and should perform it's intended function. Once the sc10 gets on the market and starts showing up at the tracks, the demand for a lower cg chassis for the Slash will be greater.

I have a Slash on the way and if our track opens up a mod class and/or the sc10 gets popular here, I would consider this upgrade to help with the handling.

Thank you Thunder Tech for your efforts in supporting our hobby.
"For God so loved the world..." John 3:16

Team FCA Endurance
Hammer Nutrition
Team RFC- chaplain (racers for Christ)
nitrotruckn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

one of the funny things is, people accualy think a slash with a "low CG chassis" is going to compeat with a SC10. thats like puting a rusltler against a T4...
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i was wondering the same thing

sc10 base on the t4 the slash on rustler

i never seen a rustler and a big race win
team c racing tm2sc team c racing ts4 pro
airtronics mt4 with grid rc drop down wheel
gone banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
one of the funny things is, people accualy think a slash with a "low CG chassis" is going to compeat with a SC10. thats like puting a rusltler against a T4...
No... not quite the same. I think you will see a Slash with this chassis will hold its own.