R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

for me the time really depends on which warehouse ships it out to me.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
for me the time really depends on which warehouse ships it out to me.
ya me too, I live in Indiana and I placed an order few months back and some came from NV and some cam from IL. I will give you one guess which showed up first....
Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

every order ive had, has been shipped out within 2 days, for me i think thats very acceptable. i have received items from both the IL and NV warehouses and i live in AZ. also there shipping is cheap, its 4.99 for standard shipping i'm all for supporting your lhs, HobbyTown
1817 E. Baseline Rd. Gilbert, AZ 85233 is my choice. if they have what i need in stock i will buy from them, but if they gotta order it i might as well order it my self and have dropped at the house..
AZBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow, I thought I was the only one seeing this. The last few orders I have made have taken 2 days to pull from the warehouse. I called them and they said they have been seeing "a unusually high volume of orders" I think this actually means they had to let some of their staff go. Also 2 of the last 3 orders I have made have been shipped with incorrect items. The first of the 3 it was only one thing, the next order was 100% correct, and the last order I made everthing I received was wrong. So I called them and they sent me the correct stuff for the last order free of charge. The replacement order got here yesterday, and guess what? Wrong stuff again!!! I have done $1400 worth of buisness with them over the last year and I think I might be taking my buisness elsewere. Which is very unfortunate for me because they have alot of stuff that can be hard to find locally or from other places that I can get it quickly. Back when they were good I could make a order Wednesday morning and if the order came from the Reno, NV warehouse, have the items in my hands on Friday with Priority shipping (I live in Northern California). I do alot of buisness with Amainhobbies (Chico, If I need the stuff that bad its a 45min drive and I can have the stuff that day), Stormers, Nexxus, Horizon, and pretty much anybody else that has what I want.

Up until now this recession has not effected my life in any way, actually because of all the idiots that destroyed the housing market out here, I was able to buy a house at 23 years old. I was even able to buy it for less than what its worth! Now because people are being forced to live within their means companys are getting less buisness and therfore having to cutback employees and inventory. Oh well I will just have to make sure to order stuff way before I need them.

Cheers,
Ifuonlyknew
Old 02-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't think I will be ordering from them again. I put my order in on Monday morning, all of my items were in stock, and it was scanned in Reno at 8:40 last night. I bought something from Jube on this board on Monday and he is in the midwest and I had it in my hands on Wednesday.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickjamminracer View Post
i did have a experience with them like this it took them 2weeks just to ship out an item i ordered it wasnt even a big box it was a wheel for my starter box!! i emailed them about their crappy shipping and told them that if they didnt improve it that they would lose alot of business.
I just sent them an e-mail noting how I am one state away and it's taking them 7 days to get my stuff to me. I also mentioned that Hobbycity is half way around the world and I got my last order from them in 7 days also.

I said that I had ordered from them due to their fantastic reputation and close proximity to me, but in this day and age, when every other mail order place typically ships within 24 hours, taking 4 days is unacceptable.

Further, I mentioned that I had created a thread here asking if others have had this experience and I found out that I'm not the only one who has.

Lastly, I said I think Tower has been a great company for a long time, but if I ever want my items in a timely manner, I will not be ordering from them.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I stopped doing business with Tower due to their shipping. They charge a premium for shipping and it still takes well over a week to get stuff in the states.

Stormer has good prices and ok shipping, but bad customer service in my experience.

When I have no choice but to order parts I go with Amain. Awesome customer service and fast shipping. My last Amain order was at my door 2 days later at standard shipping.

I try to buy as much as I can at my local tracks though. Luckily here in AZ we have a few very nice tracks to support.
onefast8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I ordered some parts from Tower on Monday. I am in Arizona, they are in Nevada.

I ordered early on Monday and my order didn't ship out until today. That's seems pretty slow to me to take 4 days to even ship an item.

I got my hobbycity order from HK in a week.

Anyone else have an experience like this?
Out of IL warehouse my delivery is next day and never had any slow processing. Out of NV is another story. That facility always takes a couple days to process the order and ship it. Still good prices, so you cant complain about a couple days to get stuff.

You also have to realize that Tower Hobby and Great Planes are the same company. Great Planes is by far the largest supplier of RC products in the nation. Being the largest sometimes slows things down a bit. If you go purchase the products from your local hobby shop, chances are the products came from Great Planes.
REVO-Beat-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
Tech Regular

I generally buy from my LHS when they have what I'm looking for, but this time I didn't because they didn't have what I needed.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U View Post
Out of IL warehouse my delivery is next day and never had any slow processing. Out of NV is another story. That facility always takes a couple days to process the order and ship it. Still good prices, so you cant complain about a couple days to get stuff.

You also have to realize that Tower Hobby and Great Planes are the same company. Great Planes is by far the largest supplier of RC products in the nation. Being the largest sometimes slows things down a bit. If you go purchase the products from your local hobby shop, chances are the products came from Great Planes.
Lucky you. I get stuff faster from NV than IL.