R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
Tech Adept
 
Slokomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Will the 8ight E body fit the original 8ight ?
Slokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
SpEEdyBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the driver's seat
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Fo' sho'
__________________
My vehicles (that work):
Custom experimental Losi 810/TEN SCTE - The fastest 1/8 scale buggy on the track - 5.2lb rtr - readily convertable to a ROAR legal 1/10 scale 4x4 SCT.
Custom Losi 8ight - lowest CG of any 1/8 buggy
Losi 22 Mid Motor
SpEEdyBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,401
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Is there a reason to choose the 2200 over the 2650 motor? I would have thought the 2650 is more suited for a 1/8th buggy while the 2200 with its monstrous torque would be better suited to bigger trucks. Doesn't the 2650 already have more than enough torque?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mesa
Posts: 102
Send a message via AIM to Joaf
Default

MMM combo is very reliable. No argument there.

Personally, I think the conversion kit you use is something that you should spend time researching. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the Tekno Rc conversion. You can find it at Impaktrc.com. The reason why i'm such a fan is based off several things. 1) I like having a brake servo. The brake bias is something people will tell you that you don't need, but I disagree. Especially on shorter tracks, you can dial out some front brake and give the car a front one-way kind of feel. 2) It comes with a different chassis. These guys spent a lot of time figuring out how to put what where and it shows. 3)The motor mount is basically a giant heat sink with tapped holes for a fan. I love it.
Now, notice my extensive use of the word "I". Its just what I like. Watch different cars, do research and ask questions. Why 1/8 electric is so awesome is because there are so many different options. Whats best for me might not be best for you and thats cool. Good luck!
Joaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #20
Tech Adept
 
richclo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 147
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

So the mamba 2200 will not fit on a Losi conversion unless new holes are drilled I'm the motor mount? I have my conversion, just don't have the motor yet so I cannot see for myself. If this is the case it sucks.
richclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #21
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slokomo View Post
Will the 8ight E body fit the original 8ight ?
I will, But I am having a hell of a time finding anyone that has E body forsale.
Everyone seems to be out of stock.

chris
schultztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
badassrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roaming Shores, Ohio
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richclo View Post
So the mamba 2200 will not fit on a Losi conversion unless new holes are drilled I'm the motor mount? I have my conversion, just don't have the motor yet so I cannot see for myself. If this is the case it sucks.

The Castle motors will work just fine, for some reason Losi put 4mm holes in the mount. You can use it as is or tap the motor for 4mm screws. your choice.
__________________
Doug Lightcap

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #23
Tech Adept
 
richclo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 147
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What size are the holes on the Castle motor?
richclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Castle motors have 3mm holes I just used 3x12 mm countersunk screws and all is fine. I have done this on 3 cars that I have helped people with. If you are worried about the 3mm not holding just get a tap and run the 3mm until it strips then tap it to 4.
plumslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #25
Tech Addict
 
js058515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultztec View Post
I will, But I am having a hell of a time finding anyone that has E body forsale.
Everyone seems to be out of stock.

chris
Just checked......www.impaktrc.com has the e-body for the 8ight in stock.
js058515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #26
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Hey folks,
Just picked this new plastic spur gear from Losi up and I am not happy.
Do u still need to grind down the motor mount because the plastic gear is wider.. Or did I install it wrong..
thx
chris
schultztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #27
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know before I fire up the die grinder ??

thx
chris
schultztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: waterford mi.
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultztec View Post
Anybody know before I fire up the die grinder ??

thx
chris
grind it out its wider for sure. that was made for the steel instead of the plastic
oneblackram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #29
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

bummer I knew you had to gring it out for the kyosho gear, but I was hoping you didnt need to for the losi gear
Oh well no big deal.
thanks
chris
schultztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 06:16 AM
New XRAY 808 Philipm Nitro Off-Road 12372 12-08-2015 07:43 AM
General Discussion Modena AL MSRA (Memphis, TN) 7895 05-05-2014 05:50 AM
360 RC SPEEDWAY & HOBBIES Sal Amato Racing Forum 6760 06-20-2010 08:10 AM
20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class ProTruck Electric Off-Road 499 02-10-2009 07:16 PM
ROAR 2008 Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships REVO-Beat-U Electric Off-Road 229 10-18-2008 03:10 PM
4wd electric Aggdaddy Electric Off-Road 115 03-16-2007 10:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net