Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated SC10 Short-Course Racing Truck >

Team Associated SC10 Short-Course Racing Truck

Team Associated SC10 Short-Course Racing Truck

Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hate to bump this thread but... I got an sc10 after seeing a couple other kids who I was beating with a friends FT sc10 with ease buy the sc10 rtr and were more competitive with me. I decided to go with the sc10 I run on a tight carpet track and it traction rolls without any compound on the tires at all. I know I have to mess with the shocks and all but that is amazing haha. I will go back and read the thread just wanted to ask the question that is all thank you for help that may come.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by oldpugva View Post
Running a stock SC10. Want to upgrade a little. Looking at Proline tires, specifically the Bow-Tie for dirt running.

There is a 'medium' and 'soft' version. Dry dirt track (not clay) - recommendation? Is the firmness related to the track type and temperature?
not really i run caliber or hole shot on my sc10 works great on dry tracks with soft dirt
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Buddy that post was from almost a YEAR ago... and you're wrong, tire compound does matter depending on track conditions.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would a takin rs with a 13.5 ballistic work good in the sc10? Would it be faster than stock? What should i set the timing on the motor and how should I set the esc up?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Have a question on gearing for a FT SC10 SC. I am running in the 17.5 blinky class at my local track. It is a medium size clay track with medium trac on a good day. I am running a Tekin Redline 17.5 with a DE10 speed control with 5400 35c 2cell lipo. Right now I am running 27/75 an motor temps after a 6min race is about 130. Not sure but other guys are going by me like I am only running half throtle. I am very happy with the set up on the truck just need more speed. Still trying to get bruskless figured out. I welcome any suggestions.
Thank you for any help.

Last edited by big kid 37; 03-15-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wont Turn

I've got a Factory Team sc10 and the steering is real sloppy and doesn't want to turn very well on the track. Got a good servo and running Pro-Line carvers up front and AKA Whishbones in the back Any one have this problem?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Gpeters66 View Post
I've got a Factory Team sc10 and the steering is real sloppy and doesn't want to turn very well on the track. Got a good servo and running Pro-Line carvers up front and AKA Whishbones in the back Any one have this problem?
I had this same "sloppy steering" issue. The problem on mine was in the link connecting the tierods. In that link is 2 bushings that the bolts go through to connect it to the steering arms. What i did was to place a thin washer over the end of the bushing that is not flanged, it would be the same end that the bolt head is on. Then find a washer that fits the bolt. Assemble them like this:
Put the bushing through the "center link", place the thin washer that fits over it on. It should be flush with the top of the bushing. Next place the bolt through the regular washer and install it through the bushing and into the steering arm like u normally would. If u can not tighten the bolt all the way down with out locking the steering up you need to disassemble it sand a little off of the center link where the thin washer sits. You want the top of the bushing to sit about .001 to .002 over the top of the washer. This will take ALL of the slop out of the steering and will last for a long time before wearing out. The ball cups also will cause some slop. RPM makes good ball cups.
Good luck
Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks tierod I'm gonna try it out. Got the RPM's already as backup parts gonna go ahead and put them on.