R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
That's BS!!
Maybe if you're one of the ones that conveniently gets the easy corner every time or you just stand there and do nothing but watch the race, but work a high action spot where you have to work at it and it inevitably happens to everyone.
To step on a truck and put enough weight down to crack a chassis in half. That happens to everyone huh? Hmm I must be one of the lucky ones. Or like you said I must just sit there and watch the race.

I have had them run under my feet but I didnt step on them and break them. Maybe your overweight and arent agile enough to jump off the truck using your other foot so you dont crush the truck. Im not though. Im slim and quick and its not BS I have NEVER steped on a truck while turnmashalling and broke someones truck.
JatoFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm going to have to agree with Lightin' Some times it seems like the cars are made of iron , and my leg is a magnet.

Jay

Last edited by pyro18t; 03-26-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: for someone smarter than myself
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I picked one up. I think its great. They did a good job designing the chassis. Initially I thought not much for the money, but thats not what its about, its about making a great car even better. In comparison its price point is the similar to a carbon or G10 frame for a 1/10 scale buggy. When you start putting the chassis together you realize what it takes to make something like this; the R&D, the manufacturing and sales/technical support. You realize $85 is pretty reasonable. I am glad there are companies out there that make things like this available.
It would be nice if they would supply an underchassis mylar protective plate, similar to what a lot of 4WD electric buggy manufactures supply.
dhc8guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #19
Suspended

I was talking about THAT chassis, the design that is breakable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoFever View Post
To step on a truck and put enough weight down to crack a chassis in half. That happens to everyone huh? Hmm I must be one of the lucky ones. Or like you said I must just sit there and watch the race.

I have had them run under my feet but I didnt step on them and break them. Maybe your overweight and arent agile enough to jump off the truck using your other foot so you dont crush the truck. Im not though. Im slim and quick and its not BS I have NEVER steped on a truck while turnmashalling and broke someones truck.
I race at least once a weekend every weekend and over the last year I would guess I've had my car stepped on quite a few times, twice last weekend actually. I doubt it was on purpose but I'm just saying it happens. But if you're going to suggest you've never, then you either get a spot where you never move or you are a world class gymnast or a breakdancer.
Lightin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro18t View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Lightin' Some times it seems like the cars are made of lead, and my leg is a magnet.

Jay
I dont think lead is magnetic is it.

Im not gonna argue with you guys cause you like to step on rc cars and I dont. Its just a preference.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #21
Suspended

Quote:
I dont think lead is magnetic is it.

Im not gonna argue with you guys cause you like to step on rc cars and I dont. Its just a preference.
You must be a kid because Rule of Life #1 = Do not ever use the words "I never" or "I don't" because they will come back to haunt you.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You were right, lead has a very low magnetic property, so I changed it so I don't look like a total tard

Jay
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
then you either get a spot where you never move or you are a world class gymnast or a breakdancer.
Well we are talking about a few different tracks over the years so I dont think its the easy spot thing. Come to think of it though I am a pretty good breakdancer.

Seriously I have had the bottom of my foot on top of a wheel before but was able to hop and not put much weight on that foot. Not enough to break something. If this guy crushed through the body to the chassis and then smashed the upper and lower chassis that is not a step that is a stomp.

Back to topic though.

I think that outlaw chassis is nice looking but as some have said it defeats the purpose of having a low dollar smashem up race truck. If I used that I would have to run mod slash class so I would need a brushless system to keep up and wheel adapters for 1/8 buggy wheels/tires and the whole nine. The spec slash class is just too much fun. Controled chaos on a budget.

If I was a high speed pass guy and had money to burn Id get one.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Quote:
You must be a kid because Rule of Life #1 = Do not ever use the words "I never" or "I don't" because they will come back to haunt you.
Im a 30 yr old kid. Who plays video games and races toys with his kids.

I never use the words "I never"and I don't use the words "I dont" that often either.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #25
Suspended

Quote:
I have NEVER
Quote:
and I dont.
Post #'s 16 & 20 above

Gotcha

Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #26
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Post #'s 16 & 20 above

Gotcha

Uh yea, that was a joke. Notice how I used those word in the same sentence that I said i dont use those words.

Nothing gets past you.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A marshals #1 responsibility... Do not wreck cars that are racing. 2nd priority is to retrieve car and so that it can start racing again. As a driver, if I wrecked, I don't want a marshal to take out another car to fix MY mistake. If you have to wait 5-10 seconds to get to a car as the traffic passes by, so be it.

Look at the ROAR carpet nationals this past weekend. 284 entries, 3 practice rounds, 4 rounds of qualifying, and mains, and not a single car was stepped on. That's because the marshals put the cars that are racing as the first priority, which is how it should be.

So Rob where are you racing these days? Haven't seen your name at any of the score sheets in our region.

Paul
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubaboy View Post

Look at the ROAR carpet nationals this past weekend. 284 entries, 3 practice rounds, 4 rounds of qualifying, and mains, and not a single car was stepped on. That's because the marshals put the cars that are racing as the first priority, which is how it should be.

Paul
Thank you.

Maybe all those turn marshals were in easy spots or just stood there watching the race.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #29
Suspended

Even the dim-est of whits knows the bigger races with better drivers always ends up with better marshals and marshalling and fewer wrecks to marshall. I thought we were talking about club racing were all the slash racing and wrecking happens.

Last edited by Lightin'; 03-26-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Where I race Ive NEVER seen a car steped on. I DON'T think it will EVER happen
seriously s*it happens but if someone steped on my car they would be paying to fix it or I'd be taking myself home a nice used car.
If someone wrecks that is their fault. DONT RUIN OTHER PEOPLES RACE TO TRY TO FIX ANOTHERS MISTAKE! If they are on their lid they can stay that way until traffic goes by. I've had people yelling at me for not jumping into the middle of a bunch of cars to flip them on their wheels. They somehow ended up off the track....
RC10 gt2
SC10
backyardracer is offline   Reply With Quote