R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default mp9 brushless? anyone done it yet?

Just picked up a mp9 and everything to do brushless in it but cant seem to find a conversion kit for it. novak makes one for the 777 series but will it work with the mp9 is the ? anyone know or have pics of a mp9 with brushless?
AC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Did you search? A search on this forum of "mp9 conversion" yields this:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...onversion.html

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
Did you search? A search on this forum of "mp9 conversion" yields this:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...onversion.html
Thanks for that link. I did see that one but I was wondering if anyone had done the conversion with the novak system or if anyone knows if the 777 conversion kit from novak would work with the mp9. Thanks for looking out though. by the way, nice avatar
Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I think the general consensus is that the Novak conversions are behind the curve. All the electro-heads here and a majority of what I see on this forum are running the Castle/Neu stuff.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Driver View Post
Just picked up a mp9 and everything to do brushless in it but cant seem to find a conversion kit for it. novak makes one for the 777 series but will it work with the mp9 is the ? anyone know or have pics of a mp9 with brushless?
We, Empire Racing (gas, on-road 1/8th based), are planning on having three electrified MP9's racing by Feb 22nd. All three will be Castle based. Prototyping is being completed now. We will be racing at Nor-Cal Hobbies. Feel free to visit we are happy to exchange information. We will be posting our progess and experiences, here and on our Website (Empirercracing.com) as well as EmpireRacing.net. We are really looking forward to this.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Damn Rich! Your Mp9's will be ready by the 22nd? I will have my D8 ready too. e-8th scale will be off the hook this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
We, Empire Racing (gas, on-road 1/8th based), are planning on having three electrified MP9's racing by Feb 22nd. All three will be Castle based. Prototyping is being completed now. We will be racing at Nor-Cal Hobbies. Feel free to visit we are happy to exchange information. We will be posting our progess and experiences, here and on our Website (Empirercracing.com) as well as EmpireRacing.net. We are really looking forward to this.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Damn Rich! Your Mp9's will be ready by the 22nd? I will have my D8 ready too. e-8th scale will be off the hook this year!
Racenut,

You're right, e8th is gonna pop this year. Put in perspective > At the first of the year - there were three e8th's, last week eight e8th entries. Empire, alone, will add 5 more Kyosho's. Plus, add the other e8th, I know that are being built, the class should have 25 entries by month end. That is some growth!

Throw in a few exceptional drivers - shake - lookout, here comes the madness.

Tyler Vik was out last week, with his gas MP9, running with the e8th's - that was fun watching. He's got mad skill. This was all happening at Nor-Cal on the 10th scale track - they're currently building an e8th scale track - wow, this should be extreme....
Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
I think the general consensus is that the Novak conversions are behind the curve. All the electro-heads here and a majority of what I see on this forum are running the Castle/Neu stuff.
+1
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Here is our Empire eMP9. 98% ready, first prototype, track readied by next friday - final race form. Running at Nor-Cal next week 2-21. Our total test group will be three eMP9's and two heavily modified e777's

Empire's Rick Davis prepared. Initial prototpye will be wheeled by Driver Scott Kimbrow

We will be running three prototypes. Once we are satisfied, all of our information will be posted here and on our web site. The beauty is we made only two parts - everything else is "off-the-shelf".

Feel free to ask questions. We plan on ramping this up very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
mp9 brushless? anyone done it yet?-kyosho-mp-9-done-002.jpg  

Last edited by Rich Browne; 02-14-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Here is our Empire eMP9. 98% ready, first prototype, track readied by next friday - final race form. Running at Nor-Cal next week 2-21. Our total test group will be three eMP9's and two heavily modified e777's

Empire's Rick Davis prepared. Initial prototpye will be wheeled by Driver Scott Kimbrow

We will be running three prototypes. Once we are satisfied, all of our information will be posted here and on our web site. The beauty is we made only two parts - everything else is "off-the-shelf".

Feel free to ask questions. We plan on ramping this up very quickly.
so how is body fitment on the mp9's you are doing?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:

We'll be posting complete photo's this weekend. The car is traveling from Michigan to California right now.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:

At the track Saturday. Oh, ya everything so fits. Here ya go. Let's rock and roll, baby....
Attached Thumbnails
mp9 brushless? anyone done it yet?-img_0631.jpg   mp9 brushless? anyone done it yet?-img_0629.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Default Any date on the parts for conversion

The buggy looks great and sounds like we are close to a solution. Any ideas on fabrication time........thanks
justinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinal View Post
The buggy looks great and sounds like we are close to a solution. Any ideas on fabrication time........thanks
All you need is a motor mount.

We used the Losi battery tray and an RPM receiver box. I'm sure we can make more motor mounts if there is enough interest. Let me know. Joel Johnson ran the car last weekend at NorCal - he enjoyed himself. Da car is butter, baby. Fast, man!!!

The car has about 40 minutes on it. Pulls wheelies all over the place - mad power. We are running both Saturday and Sunday - I'll post our results...

thx,
Rich
Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
Tech Rookie

Default Can't wait.....I am in line

Thanks for the update.....it sounds great! I am in-line cash in hand when and if you can produce motor mounts....let me know. Have fun at the track i am jealous, going to have to wait to get rid of my nitro fuel i guess
justinal is offline   Reply With Quote