R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Biggest problem here is that you'll have to deal with LRP's customer service. They just took over six weeks to clean the mode and set switches on a local racer's sphere comp. That is just the most recent example of many experiences with their painfully poor service.

Plus, this being their first venture into electric 1/8th scale power, it's almost certain to have bugs.

From what I've seen Castle really is the best source for 1/8th scale power right now. I'm sure others will have solid offerings in the future, but it's gonna take some time. Plus from what I can tell, Castle's customer service is one of the best around.
avrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
Tech Regular

its probley gonna have the lrp crappy out dated programming you know push cthis button and then wait 10sec. for one red light then push another button and wait for 2 yellow lights after useing a tekin system last summer and useing the tekin interface on my lap top was just awsome. iimmm sure lrp DIDNT do that or a hand held program box. i would love to see a speed passion system
charly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrcguy View Post
Biggest problem here is that you'll have to deal with LRP's customer service. They just took over six weeks to clean the mode and set switches on a local racer's sphere comp. That is just the most recent example of many experiences with their painfully poor service.

Plus, this being their first venture into electric 1/8th scale power, it's almost certain to have bugs.

From what I've seen Castle really is the best source for 1/8th scale power right now. I'm sure others will have solid offerings in the future, but it's gonna take some time. Plus from what I can tell, Castle's customer service is one of the best around.
are you kidding me aldo at lrp is the f-ing man the other guy i think jason not sure is a dick. if you need help with lrp stuff talk to aldo he will hook you up. he got me both my spheres back inside of 10 days of shipping it to them.

also that computer stuff is to complicated lrp is simple just hit a button a couple of times. you guys dont know what you're talking about. simple rule in life K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. the less complicated the less that can go wrong
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
are you kidding me aldo at lrp is the f-ing man the other guy i think jason not sure is a dick. if you need help with lrp stuff talk to aldo he will hook you up. he got me both my spheres back inside of 10 days of shipping it to them.
Great. So next time I send in an item for service I guess I'll just have to hope that Aldo is the one to work on it, and not one of the "dicks" that work there. That solves everything!

BTW. A couple months ago when my speed control was in for service, after a month of waiting, one of Associated's local team drivers told me to call LRP and ask for Aldo. I did just that. He didn't answer so I had to leave a message. He never called back. Instead some idiot called me and told me he would check into it and call me back. He never called either. This happened twice within 3 days. I finally had to have one of the employees of the LHS call and bitch to get any kind of action out of them.

That kind of service is 100% unacceptable!!! I have zero tolerance for someone who can't live up to their word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
also that computer stuff is to complicated lrp is simple just hit a button a couple of times. you guys dont know what you're talking about. simple rule in life K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. the less complicated the less that can go wrong
So just because someone prefers to use the PC interface, they don't know what they're talking about? Perhaps you're just computer illiterate. I would hardly consider connecting a USB cable or a programmer card "complicated".
avrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
Tech Regular

me personaly im not gonna buy this set up just for the simple FACT that lrp service is VERY slow my LHS has a very good relationship with AE/LRP and when they send stuff back for work it takes lrp forever talking sometimes 3 months to get stuff back, then my LHS has to get that once a week phone call from a customer bellyaching about his item taking so long. but hey i dont know what im talking about!! LOL
charly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

there is a video about the new system on the LRP site...

http://www.lrp.cc/index.php?id=911&r...fa57&jumpurl=0

"LRP S8 BXe – First video of the new 1/8 electric buggy!

Take a sneak peek at the prototype LRP S8 BXe Team live in action. The video is available for download from the LRP-Homepage!

The S8 BXe was first presented to the public two weeks ago at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Particular features include the compact construction, the high-end components and the incomparable power off the line.

Two features of the S8 BXe stand out further than the others: The VECTOR 8 X12 motor and the SPX8 speed control.

The new VECTOR 8 X12 is based on the incredibly successful Vector X12 which caused a stir at the last IFMAR Touring World Championships with its incredible power and performance. This motor is the born winner – incorporating the completely new and revolutionary XTEC X12 Technology! This powerhouse is kept in check by the SPX8. This is going to be the combo to beat!
See the prototype S8 BXe in action! »view the video!

The S8 BXe will be available from August 2009! "
Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

It looks like many are not satisfied with the customer service in the US...!

I work in Germany at the moment and can only say that the customer service here... direct by LRP is second to none. I have used LRP products for the past 6 years and have sent ESC's back for warranty work only twice. Both times I had the product repaired/replaced and back in my hands within 7 working days.

Maybe the service problem has more to do with the distributor in the US...? That would suck if it takes more than a month to have stuff repaired!