Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Best 2wd

I know that there probally isnt a best 2wd out there because it kinda depends and what track you are going to run on but I think that I will be leaning twoards a t4 or a losi xxx-t or xxx-t cr. Give me any suggestions. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks and I am pretty new to the site but not the hobbyjust want your oppinions and anyting else.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

I would personally go with the t4, one reason why is because you will almost never have to change the set-up for when you go from track to track the only thing that you would need are different tires for the other tracks. also the t4 has a cheaper starting price, but like you said It does depend on wht track you run on. another thing that you should look into is which truck your hobby shop supplies the most parts for, and one last thing to consider is what most of the faster guys are running because then If you miss on the setup you can ask them for help.
just my .02 cents
Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattcoolgame
I know that there probally isnt a best 2wd out there because it kinda depends and what track you are going to run on but I think that I will be leaning twoards a t4 or a losi xxx-t or xxx-t cr. Give me any suggestions. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks and I am pretty new to the site but not the hobbyjust want your oppinions and anyting else.
Well thats a question that will never be answered. I have a losi mf2 and have run against T4s. The T4 is a great truck, turns really well. I have never driven one but, they are good from what Ive seen. The losi needs a good servo...With any of them set-up is always key for racing. For bashing not so important.
IMO the Losi is more durable. Hope this helps a little..
Old 02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Both are good trucks can't really go wrong with either one really both have great parts support.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pilgrim
I would personally go with the t4, one reason why is because you will almost never have to change the set-up for when you go from track to track the only thing that you would need are different tires for the other tracks. also the t4 has a cheaper starting price, but like you said It does depend on wht track you run on. another thing that you should look into is which truck your hobby shop supplies the most parts for, and one last thing to consider is what most of the faster guys are running because then If you miss on the setup you can ask them for help.
just my .02 cents
+1
The T4 offers great versitility on a variety of tracks. Team Associated also offers many setups to get you started.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would go with the cr truck....never really breaks parts at all....but someone above ^^^ said you need a good servo if you run a losi??? your still going to need a good servo if you run a t4 to.... I run this http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=62&id=7942 only $82 dollars and great specs....but the losi truck works great at all tracks....i never have to change much on mine.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if you run alot of modified you will get really good at building losi diffs and trannies. I was having to build after every qualifier with a 10 turn. Some of the other guys were making it a couple qualifiers before rebuilding. I personally prefered the way the Losi handled but loved the associated transmission. Either one could be dialed in.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Find a clean used MF2 , Better truck then a xxxt-cr . IMO
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

I've driven both and always owned xxxt's....

A well build losi diff will handle a mamba max 7700 system cause my buddy has one and races it and bashes it daily... Not building it right or getting it to tight will result in a broken diff gear. I think the xxxt handles better over the t4...

MY buddy who runs t4's drove my friends xxxt with the 7700 and loved it.. May just be person preference....

+ my local hobby shop guys runs only losi and stocks enough parts to build many losi's from stock..
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Lets not forget that the Kyosho RT5 is supposedly coming out soon. That should be a very good car.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LIVipers
Lets not forget that the Kyosho RT5 is supposedly coming out soon. That should be a very good car.
When? when is this thing going to show?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

X2 the RT5 will be releaseed soon and looks to be an awesome truck. I had T3's, T4's and pretty much all the losi trucks and I like the T4 over all of them.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

my main problem was the idler gear stripping out with the mamba 7700 or the 10t and yes the slipper was locked down
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choppinwood
if you run alot of modified you will get really good at building losi diffs and trannies. I was having to build after every qualifier with a 10 turn. Some of the other guys were making it a couple qualifiers before rebuilding. I personally prefered the way the Losi handled but loved the associated transmission. Either one could be dialed in.
I run a 6.5 on a high traction track...and i have no problems with my diffs lasting a few months or longer before rebuilding them.

Yes RT5 is going to be a great truck...hopefully they get it out soon.

my main problem was the idler gear stripping out with the mamba 7700 or the 10t and yes the slipper was locked down
well with slipper locked down what do expect to happen? slippers are made to take the pressure off the gears and off the diff.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Suspended

locking down the slipper will do it every time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.