Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifleman223
Why didn't you get the 5100's instead? They are 65-135C. The 4850's are only 50-100.
They were not Roar Approved.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlinder
Thanks for your suggestion. No pic necessary! I may try slightly beveling the Ackerman plate in that area first, as I don't want to compromise the strength of the ball cup if possible. If that doesn't work, then filing the ball cup will be next.

Thanks again. Btw, tonight is the maiden run. Looking forward to thrashing this buggy around.

Mark
Before last nights practice run, I slightly beveled the underside of the Ackerman plate next to the ball stud mount area. Doing this allowed the ball cup to go to maximum compression without hitting the plate and forcing it up. I chose not to file down the ballcups, as I feel this compromises their strength.

Ran 5 packs through it and was very happy. 7K front diff, 5K rear diff. Started with 6 x 1.2 pistons front and rear, with 37.5w front, 30wt rear (losi). The rear had too much pack, so I changed the rears out to 2 x 1.7 with 30wt (like my old B44.2) WAY better. Currently our indoor clay track has more rolling type jumps, not big triples like it sometime does, so I am sure I will have to tune the suspension some at that point. The car feels very plush. My main gripes? Shocks leak (those cap orings want to push out when I tighten the caps), and the motor mount does not lend itself to an easy to adjust gear mesh. On that point, I simply removed the four screws underneath the chassis that hold the aluminum and plastic motor mount/slipper assembly. With the motor mount out, I put the slipper assembly back in, adjust the mesh, then reassemble on the chassis. Takes a little more time, but it works for me.

Overall, I am very happy. The car is much better than my driving skill. So I can only get better. The recent deals were so good, I bought two so I could have quick changes diffs, shocks. Sure saves time in the pits.

I'm always looking for indoor clay setups for us average guys. So anything you others may have, please let us know!

Mark
Old 09-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Before last nights practice run, I slightly beveled the underside of the Ackerman plate next to the ball stud mount area. Doing this allowed the ball cup to go to maximum compression without hitting the plate and forcing it up. I chose not to file down the ballcups, as I feel this compromises their strength.

Ran 5 packs through it and was very happy. 7K front diff, 5K rear diff. Started with 6 x 1.2 pistons front and rear, with 37.5w front, 30wt rear (losi). The rear had too much pack, so I changed the rears out to 2 x 1.7 with 30wt (like my old B44.2) WAY better. Currently our indoor clay track has more rolling type jumps, not big triples like it sometime does, so I am sure I will have to tune the suspension some at that point. The car feels very plush. My main gripes? Shocks leak (those cap orings want to push out when I tighten the caps), and the motor mount does not lend itself to an easy to adjust gear mesh. On that point, I simply removed the four screws underneath the chassis that hold the aluminum and plastic motor mount/slipper assembly. With the motor mount out, I put the slipper assembly back in, adjust the mesh, then reassemble on the chassis. Takes a little more time, but it works for me.

Overall, I am very happy. The car is much better than my driving skill. So I can only get better. The recent deals were so good, I bought two so I could have quick changes diffs, shocks. Sure saves time in the pits.

I'm always looking for indoor clay setups for us average guys. So anything you others may have, please let us know!

Mark

Screw down the shock cap untill the O'ring starts to bulge. Hold the bulging O'ring in with a business or credit card then screw the cap down tight. This worked for me.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by -DOZER-
Screw down the shock cap untill the O'ring starts to bulge. Hold the bulging O'ring in with a business or credit card then screw the cap down tight. This worked for me.
Thanks Dozer

I will give that a try

Mark
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The team fix (before aluminum caps) is to take and bevel the inside edge of the shock cap with some sandpaper so the o-ring has a place to live and seal. Lets the cap tighten down on the shock body and not pop off in a crash.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Cameron,

I like that idea too! Gonna try it.

Mark
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2wd 410

I decided to build up my spare 410 as a 2wd.
Anyone who's interested can find some words and pics HERE
Old 09-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
The team fix (before aluminum caps) is to take and bevel the inside edge of the shock cap with some sandpaper so the o-ring has a place to live and seal. Lets the cap tighten down on the shock body and not pop off in a crash.
This!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
why not make it front wheel drive? and use shorty pack in the rear?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
why not make it front wheel drive? and use shorty pack in the rear?
Some good guys in my region have had some success with 2wd RWD.

Take a look at this thread if you are interested in FWD.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I was going to try this when the new V4 comes out. If it had more kick in the front of the chassis I think it will work better.
What did you not like about it?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
I was going to try this when the new V4 comes out. If it had more kick in the front of the chassis I think it will work better.
What did you not like about it?
I've yet to run it.
I've got some 21deg caster blocks to try.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Some good guys in my region have had some success with 2wd RWD.

Take a look at this thread if you are interested in FWD.
yes, I read that post before, awesome stuff. sad that I didn't study mechanic engineering and I don't have the CAD skill to make one.
what I thought was that front wheel brake could work really well on some track.

*another thing I've thought of is to keep the front drive train, but instead of connecting to the power, make a front brake system on it.
ideally it's to put the brake servo in the front gearbox area, with two brakes discs there as well. with a DMX410 conversion...http://www.area52.cc/news/3045-motog...onversion.html

Last edited by nicholasxuu; 09-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Dozer

I will give that a try

Mark
It works best if you put a small chamfer on the inside diameter of shock cap so the o ring stays in place. This completely eliminates all leaks from the top of the shocks.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

So it looks like the Durango team will be running the new updated 4WD car at the worlds. I was looking at the KustomRCGraphics forum and saw a body painted in Travis Amezcua's colors but didnt recognize the shell. I went to oople and found a recent pic of Jorns 4wd with wide chassis and he is running the Pro-Line BD for the TRF502x and thats the same one I saw painted up for Travis.The chassis pics from the bottom show its a big change from the original 410 chassis, its very wide, much more room for esc/rx!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.