Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:35 PM
  #1471  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

MMMk... i tried going around that side and along the front of the servo... it just didnt look... tidy. So Idont know yet.

I am thinking about moving my ESC up under the drive shaft and putting a fan near it to blow across the posts and the motor endbell.

Not sure yet though.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
  #1472  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
just banking on the outer to hold up imo wont work cuz every hit to the front messes with both...i would not just try to run the outer without the inner jmo
Thanks Captain Buzzkill.

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
I am wondering... how/where is everyone running their steering servo leads...? Cant figure out a good place to run it through the steering rack.
Her's how I ran mine. Used a little shoe goo to hold it in place. Seems to work just fine.



Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Also, anyone running any fans for a motor or speedo?
Well, knowing that the Durango's all run hot I decided to use the LRP TC Spec ESC which includes a built-in heat sink. So far that has worked really well. Make sure you cut out the vent holes in your body as well. As far as the servo, I'm using a Futaba BLS451 and haven't had any heat issues at all.
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 06:21 PM
  #1473  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
For what it's worth, my outdrive bearings leked a good amount of oil before I even filled the diffs.
Thats what I think it is. Those bearing have an awful squeak to them right now as well I gotta replace them...Ive replaced the fronts and middle bearings with Boca yellow seals and all that remain are the rears. Gotta get them out soon.
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 06:33 PM
  #1474  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mdowney
Thanks Captain Buzzkill.



Her's how I ran mine. Used a little shoe goo to hold it in place. Seems to work just fine.





Well, knowing that the Durango's all run hot I decided to use the LRP TC Spec ESC which includes a built-in heat sink. So far that has worked really well. Make sure you cut out the vent holes in your body as well. As far as the servo, I'm using a Futaba BLS451 and haven't had any heat issues at all.
Mike, the one thing that bothers me with that setup is that i would think the servo saver nut would rub through the wires?
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 07:46 PM
  #1475  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Bearings?

I read enuff about the bearings for this car. I am about to order a set of Boca Greens. Indoor hardpack is what I what I will be running. Thoughts?
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 AM
  #1476  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (154)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,260
Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)
Default

I think I'm done with the set-up on my car, drove it last night some more and it feels really good and is so much fun to drive. I also drove my old dex410 last night, which is one of the original ones and I could definitely feel that it is a stiffer car, wasn't bad but felt I could drive mine harder, more forgiving.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 AM
  #1477  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
I think I'm done with the set-up on my car, drove it last night some more and it feels really good and is so much fun to drive. I also drove my old dex410 last night, which is one of the original ones and I could definitely feel that it is a stiffer car, wasn't bad but felt I could drive mine harder, more forgiving.
Well, what is the setup? Hupo with any changes? Are you running 2 or 3-hole shock pistons in rear? I need to get motivated and build this car!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
  #1478  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (154)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,260
Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Well, what is the setup? Hupo with any changes? Are you running 2 or 3-hole shock pistons in rear? I need to get motivated and build this car!
Yeah, close to Hupo's cactus set-up(http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ic20100321.pdf), things I changed: both pistons drilled to 55's (1.3mm), Losi 35 wt. front, 32.5 rear, front tower camber link to #2, 10k front, 5k rear and I just have the side weights with the racers edge 5200 lipo. Thats pretty much it for now.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
  #1479  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Yeah, close to Hupo's cactus set-up(http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ic20100321.pdf), things I changed: both pistons drilled to 55's (1.3mm), Losi 35 wt. front, 32.5 rear, front tower camber link to #2, 10k front, 5k rear and I just have the side weights with the racers edge 5200 lipo. Thats pretty much it for now.
Kewl. Now are you running 2 or 3-hole piston in the rear? Hupo setup uses 2-hole on all 4 corners correct?

And how are the stock bearings holding up?
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 10:14 AM
  #1480  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Mike, the one thing that bothers me with that setup is that i would think the servo saver nut would rub through the wires?
No - the shoe goo holds the wire below the jagged part of the nut so there isn't any problem. The wire is pulled up in the photo because I was messing with it.
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
  #1481  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Sounds great! I appreciate it sir!!
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
  #1482  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (154)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,260
Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Kewl. Now are you running 2 or 3-hole piston in the rear? Hupo setup uses 2-hole on all 4 corners correct?

And how are the stock bearings holding up?
3-hole....wondering if that is a typo on that set-up. His latest set-up from the Euros has a very similar shock set-up and it shows a 3 hole (just different rear springs I think). 2-hole would be way too stiff anyway.

And no issues with the bearings as of yet.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
  #1483  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,261
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

jus curious guys, i just like following up on cars... how is this car? any issues or gripes? in regards to handling, how is it compared to b44, cat sx2, and the 4wd kyosho?

thx
teeforb is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM
  #1484  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
3-hole....wondering if that is a typo on that set-up. His latest set-up from the Euros has a very similar shock set-up and it shows a 3 hole (just different rear springs I think). 2-hole would be way too stiff anyway.

And no issues with the bearings as of yet.
Really? Have you tried running 2-hole in the rear or is it just so far off base it is just plain silly?? I am wondering why this setup sheet would be printed with a typo . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
  #1485  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb
jus curious guys, i just like following up on cars... how is this car? any issues or gripes? in regards to handling, how is it compared to b44, cat sx2, and the 4wd kyosho?

thx
Only major issue is with the 410R and it's plastic front inner and front outer suspension braces. They are crap and tend to break the first time you put it on the track. Replace them with the - almost impossible to find in the US - aluminum parts and the car is near perfect. The rest of the hop-ups aren't really critical though the plastic rear skid plate tends to collect a lot of dirt so the brass weight replacement is a decent hop-up to pick up.

Wiring it is a bitch but you'll feel like a bad ass once you get if figured out.

And I'd recommend using an ESC with a heat sink or fan because this car runs hot. I'm using the LRP TC spec.

The Rango is my favorite car to drive - by far. And I have some nice cars.
mdowney is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.