Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Xray 14mm hexes are close enough to the Durango dexes to allow them to be used on a 410? I only ask because I want to get some clamping hexes but the ones from Tresrey are out of stock and I'm not super fond of the Exotek hexes.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
How old and what batteries are you running?
I run a Track Power saddle that's about a year old and I also have a new Reedy saddle I ran for the first time this weekend. Same issue with both batteries so that's not the issue either. On my 4.2 I run Venom shorties and it cuts out as well and that car also happens to have an RS Pro.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
Does anyone know if the Xray 14mm hexes are close enough to the Durango dexes to allow them to be used on a 410? I only ask because I want to get some clamping hexes but the ones from Tresrey are out of stock and I'm not super fond of the Exotek hexes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tresrey-Team...item27dc025203
Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tresrey-Team...item27dc025203
Old 12-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Setups

Hey everyone, running 2 team durango dex410 v3's for next season. Running them both with speed passion reventon pro's, savox 1256 tg's and 7.5t novak vulcan and a trinity d3.5 17.5t. I was just wondering would I need different oils in the diffs for stock vs mod? I am running stock pistons and stock springs. What would be a good starting place for oils for shocks and diffs? Running on a high grip outdoor 1/10th track with a few jumps. Any input is greatly appreciated. Cheers Jay
Old 12-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I run a Track Power saddle that's about a year old and I also have a new Reedy saddle I ran for the first time this weekend. Same issue with both batteries so that's not the issue either. On my 4.2 I run Venom shorties and it cuts out as well and that car also happens to have an RS Pro.
What's happening is not normal. Get an RMA number from Tekin and send it back in. We run a mixture of tekin and hw and when a tekin starts cutting out, it's time to send it in. Usually when this has occured on ours within a month, it goes up in smoke. We have experienced this with rx8's and rspro's. So, anytime we see a glitch or a cut-out now, we send them in. Here is the link for the service info:http://www.teamtekin.com/service.html.
Email [email protected] for the RMA number.

The last two RX8's we sent in at the end of outdoor season were back in less than a week.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Fantastic!

Thanks jmackani.

I will contact Randy Pike and see if he can't speed up the process. I just hope they don't ask for a receipt or proof of purchase like they did for my friend because I have no clue where those receipts are. I've been trying to help them figure out how to get the Hotwire to work with Apple iDevices so I expect they'd takes that into account.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Fantastic!

Thanks jmackani.

I will contact Randy Pike and see if he can't speed up the process. I just hope they don't ask for a receipt or proof of purchase like they did for my friend because I have no clue where those receipts are. I've been trying to help them figure out how to get the Hotwire to work with Apple iDevices so I expect they'd takes that into account.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

What an awesome car, took mine out to the track Saturday and it was very durable and handled great.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fantastic!

Thanks jmackani.

I don't think it is a matter of getting it to work with Apple, it's more like getting Apple to work with them.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

It's actually both, BUT the solution I gave them would allow the Hotwire to work with iDevices, iOS and the Lightning connector (which is the real issue) can work but it would then have to work through the 3.5 jack as there is no restrictions through that port. I think the best solution is for Tekin to devise a Blouetooth module we can buy to change settings just like Speed Passion ESC's. It would still plug in to the Sensor port so it would be just a matter of engineering and producing the BT module and interface, which I am aware is easier said than done. LOL
Old 12-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's actually both, BUT the solution I gave them would allow the Hotwire to work with iDevices, iOS and the Lightning connector (which is the real issue) can work but it would then have to work through the 3.5 jack as there is no restrictions through that port. I think the best solution is for Tekin to devise a Blouetooth module we can buy to change settings just like Speed Passion ESC's. It would still plug in to the Sensor port so it would be just a matter of engineering and producing the BT module and interface, which I am aware is easier said than done. LOL
Bluetooth capability will never make it through the four letter sanctioning body who approves the esc's. Technically it's great, but having the capability to program on the fly over the air could easily open the doors for all kinds of mayhem at race events.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
I recently got a Dex410 in the stable , its a r model , and I want a little feedback from the group if you will ... First day out , Broke the pin holder at the front of the rear assembly . I bought a alum replacement from the track / shop I was at , as they did not have a plastic one available. They did not have , or know I needed ,the small plastic bushings that go on the pins as they ride in the block. So , its a bit sloppy to say the least. I asked my LHS to get me a set . That was 3 weeks ago . Does it normally seem to take a while to get parts in if you have to order them ? My lhs just doesnt stock spares for 1/10 vehicles , so we will always be ordering them. Is their a short list of parts that are usually harder to find then others that I can go ahead and put in the box ? I have arms , spurs, rear hubs , and few other bits , but having a set of 7$ plastic bushings put a buggy out for three weeks just sucks ...
Guess who is still waiting .... week 4 !

If it goes to week 5 , its for sale ...
Old 12-23-2013, 02:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
Guess who is still waiting .... week 4 !

If it goes to week 5 , its for sale ...
Hard to decipher from the description, but are you looking for these bushings?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXCCCB&P=K
Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Has anyone installed the new option UJ for the F/R axles? I know people were doing the centers, but what about the axles? Any feed back? Does it get rid of the front tire chatter at full lock? Thanks....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.